Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah well don't have queues much anymore anyway, so afk detection or not doesn't really matter. Would have been useful early on, kinda, but then again it just means more people spamming their logins and crashing that shit.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Just got a shipment order from Fedex that this will be coming tomorrow afternoon. Thought I had cancelled the order before it got shipped, since I figured once it's in stock for PC to ship Digital Download would open up. Didn't want to pay the extra 25 bucks I did for shipping. Oh well, lesson learned.

Are servers still locked? RL friends are playing on Midgarsormr(sp), but last I tried to start there on Beta the server was locked. And if I'm stuck playing on a different server, I'm hoping Ill be able to xfer at some point?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Uh, every MMO that I've ever played, actually. Although I'm counting "More than one" as "a shitload" since really, two is like, 100% better than 1.

I don't know what kind of dogshit MMOs you've been playing that you think such a small amount of content is normal.
And where have you been? Stuck in EvE?

ALL the mmos in the last five years have been dogshit.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Going to be doing some turn 5 streaming tonight if anyone is interested:http://www.twitch.tv/voldeth
We learned some good stuff tonight for how little we spent on it. 100%-75% is pretty much a joke. Hopefully we figure out what the hell the little blue/purple circle actually does and is for next time. The Fireball Meteor mechanic seemed simple enough, just need to get our setup sorted out. Hopefully we get some useful armor drops on the reset, that could help a lot there.

Hope more people watch next time! Sadly I don't think we'll be back in Turn 5 until Tuesday unless we really blaze through 1-4 on Monday.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
And where have you been? Stuck in EvE?

ALL the mmos in the last five years have been dogshit.
Best MMO of the last 5 years was TSW and even then the end game is boring and just warcraft
frown.png
. Why we gotta have badges, why can't we just kill things and get loot. This is bullshit mom & dad

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's a shame I got burned out on MMORPGs after playing so many shitty ones. You guys seem to be having a lot of fun with this one. I'll go back to playing league of legends.

Saban_sl

shitlord
First month drop off of any MMO is usually fairly substantial, I think FF14 might hold a decent sub number for awhile though. Probably more than anything else thats come out in awhile.

Bruman

Golden Squire
First month drop off of any MMO is usually fairly substantial, I think FF14 might hold a decent sub number for awhile though. Probably more than anything else thats come out in awhile.
I think raider-only-types will bail until 2.1, then come back, since there's not much else out there right now.

But the more laid back types might stick around a little longer - doing all classes on one character is a very appealing change compared to most MMOs. I never, ever create alts, even though I'd like to check out a class, simply because I hate having to be a newbie again. Now I get to keep my mounts, airship, no transferring gil, etc.

I mean, the game will still have it's drop-off, and Yoshi is even 100% expecting a large one. But it might not be as drastic as, say, SWTOR or GW2's was.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well there is gonna at least one who drops it. I haven't played since hitting 50.

I had fun playing through the game once to see the main storyline...but honestly hated the 40-50 level range that required Fate grinding which I found utterly boring.

Leveling other class/jobs means grinding fates a lot so even with bonus xp, it's not happening for me.

Also, all the logging problems and stuff took away most of the goodwill I had toward the game, even if it's fixed now. I got fucked on ff14 version 1, I consider this to be one of the worse launch I've been part off.

The ride was mostly fun though, game is pretty decent, just not good enough to continue in my opinion.

And they still haven't fixed my collector edition issues...not winning points there.
smile.png

Bruman

Golden Squire
Do we even know what the sub rates will be? Last I checked we didn't, and that's shady as FUCK
Uh, we've known that for a long time. I didn't pay attention to the game until right before beta 4, and it was well known public knowledge at that time, and easy to find.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is a logical fallacy in itself because nothing with this game is easy to find on any of square enix's website. Plus it's all blocked at work.