Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
They left the FC a few weeks ago, dude wanted to create his own FC. He even had poached 2 or 3 members and it had created some drama with my FC leadership. So much so we had to move the static channel out of the FC Discord lol.

As for his message after I didn't answer his "we should talk" he sent me "I guess things are how they are now, I'll just ask to not spread rumors that would come from anger or assumption and I guess it's better we never talk again."

As for his public disband message on the static channel :

I have no idea what went on between his girlfriend and him leading up to that, but I'd suspect she fed him some bullshit partial lie about the other guy and myself in an attempt to deflect rather than risk having us tell something to him. As far as she's concerned, she may consider the other guy and myself have the nuclear codes in the form of our DM history with her.

It feels like this dude just blindly believes his GF. Yall should just dump the logs on him if you have them, open his eyes...

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
It feels like this dude just blindly believes his GF. Yall should just dump the logs on him if you have them, open his eyes...

Thing is, even outside of the situation with the girl, no one likes the guy. He is in general a huge self centered asshole with main character syndrome and already tend to alienate everyone. So as far as we're concerned, we came up to the conclusion that those two deserve each others. In the end they both are terrible people. Though I have no idea what went on between both of them after shit hit the fan yesterday so who knows.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Watched Peach beat 5.0 last week and 5.3 today. Really enjoyed it, he's very watchable.

Seemed like he was faking it for career reasons when he started given the mental illness face he had on his thumbnails, but he's genuinely into it now.

The voices he gives Tataru and Gaia are hilarious, he just went totally off script with Gaia to make her into a bratty English schoolgirl.

Goonsquad Officer
Preach recently watched his literal first stream, on stream and you can feel the difference between him going through thr motions vs him being into it

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Though I have no idea what went on between both of them after shit hit the fan yesterday so who knows.
Hatefucking. Lots of hatefucking. He probably still has lingering doubts about her side of the story and her "fidelity". So he's going to "inject her with his resentment" alright.

She, on the other hand, could have multiple motives. Either to "move up," or to assess her "market value," or because of "the thrill and danger of being found out." She liked the positive attention the flirting got her, what she probably couldn't get out of the relationship, especially with how you described the guy. So she probably resents her boyfriend for that at least on a core level.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Hatefucking. Lots of hatefucking. He probably still has lingering doubts about her side of the story and her "fidelity". So he's going to "inject her with his resentment" alright.

She, on the other hand, could have multiple motives. Either to "move up," or to assess her "market value," or because of "the thrill and danger of being found out." She liked the positive attention the flirting got her, what she probably couldn't get out of the relationship, especially with how you described the guy. So she probably resents her boyfriend for that at least on a core level.

Sounds about right as far as her motives go.

And we were probably made to be psychos who instigated drama after falling for her and being rejected or something in her official version. Looks like we got blocked by them everywhere too haha.

Meanwhile, we just made plan with the other poor sap to go out drinking on Friday with a common friend we have. Should be fun.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Sounds about right as far as her motives go.

And we were probably made to be psychos who instigated drama after falling for her and being rejected or something in her official version. Looks like we got blocked by them everywhere too haha.

Meanwhile, we just made plan with the other poor sap to go out drinking on Friday with a common friend we have. Should be fun.
You should link them this thread.

Total chaos.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What happened to the FC by the way?

During the summer it was super active and we would do FC roulettes sometimes.

Now there's only ever the same 2-3 people online and it's very quiet. The member list shows more people are coming online and I know that my timezone doesn't line up... but it still feels different?

The game itself feels very active.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
What happened to the FC by the way?

During the summer it was super active and we would do FC roulettes sometimes.

Now there's only ever the same 2-3 people online and it's very quiet. The member list shows more people are coming online and I know that my timezone doesn't line up... but it still feels different?

The game itself feels very active.

Elrezz left to start up a new FC with some of his RL buddies (and a couple of members were a few of said buddies) and Valos also left to start up his own FC (with his two kids and Ray) because he has some odd ideas on how FCs work - he thinks they are only for buffs and FC perks and since we weren't focusing on those he wanted to do it himself.

Other than that, same as it's always been.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Elrezz left to start up a new FC with some of his RL buddies (and a couple of members were a few of said buddies) and Valos also left to start up his own FC (with his two kids and Ray) because he has some odd ideas on how FCs work - he thinks they are only for buffs and FC perks and since we weren't focusing on those he wanted to do it himself.

Other than that, same as it's always been.
Yeah that's what I thought, people going off to make more serious FCs.

It's a shame as we got the FoH FC to max rank. I wish I could organise some FC stuff but the UK timezone really doesn't help.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah that's what I thought, people going off to make more serious FCs.

It's a shame as we got the FoH FC to max rank. I wish I could organise some FC stuff but the UK timezone really doesn't help.

Both are still on friend lists and are on some linkshells. I'm still friendly with Elrezz, and I'm sure he'd still participate in events if invited.

We were counting on people coming back for EW to do some real FC activities, but no one really did so we have the same crew as before.

FC being a chill place to hang out and chat with people while level 2 buffs run 24/7 is a-ok with me. We'll try to get a FC house next patch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Both are still on friend lists and are on some linkshells. I'm still friendly with Elrezz, and I'm sure he'd still participate in events if invited.

We were counting on people coming back for EW to do some real FC activities, but no one really did so we have the same crew as before.

FC being a chill place to hang out and chat with people while level 2 buffs run 24/7 is a-ok with me. We'll try to get a FC house next patch.
I think the queues didn't help, a lot of people who either came back or wanted to come back would have been discouraged.

It was quite telling that the queues went away after the 2nd/3rd month of Endwalker, I think a lot of story people are on hiatus again.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love mmo drama because as small and inconsequential as I can feel it’s good to know there are still people who I can still look down upon and laugh

Argarth

On the verandah
Anybody playing on the new Oceanic Server? Still haven't re-subbed for Endwalker, considering it. Wondering how it's going, which world to pick, stuff like that.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Anybody playing on the new Oceanic Server? Still haven't re-subbed for Endwalker, considering it. Wondering how it's going, which world to pick, stuff like that.
I am playing on Ravana. It's very populated but a huge portion of them are new characters, to the point where every day when I queue levelling DF I'm getting the story ones like Titan or Ifrit. There's definitely a lower pop of max level players. Elite DF sometimes takes me 1 minute to pop instead of being always instant like it was on the JP DC. There's a fair amount less high end duty PFs available too but still enough to be able to queue whatever you want.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Endwalker is fantastic, get it played!

You could also play the MSQ on a US server then transfer to Oceania after if people are still levelling new characters over there?

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Endwalker is fantastic, get it played!

You could also play the MSQ on a US server then transfer to Oceania after if people are still levelling new characters over there?

I started a new character, but I'm up to the story quests between Shadowbringer and Endwalker.. Playing a simple BLM

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Well, I finally have both of the extreme mounts. I’m stubborn and didn’t want to wait for the next patch so I could buy one with 99 totems… so I’ve got 175 clears on the first extreme (got mount at 166), and 19 clears on second extreme (got mount on 5th clear). Now that that’s done I’ll have to find something else to do with my drunk ass in the evening after my buddies go to bed. Probably continue leveling up other jobs, only done RDM, BLM, and AST so far.

One thing that’s really frustrating is the people who blame me (solo healer) for wipes on EX1 when they’re getting vulnerability intentionally on Algedon and the Trangle left/right with a square up front. I’m solo healing this shit and they just make it harder for everyone so they can maintain a little uptime, which is totally unnecessary with the extra dps slot. “Maybe one healer isn’t ideal for this.” Maybe you fucks should avoid some mechanics when it’s just one healer. Of my 175 clears probably 80 of them are solo healing.

Edit: vulnerability later in the fight isn’t a problem really, it’s just those first couple mechanics because I’m using -all- of my cooldowns between the koyotos and the first Styx.

• 1Like