Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Crafting is a decent way to gear up classes if you switch types a lot to keep up with MSQ. Otherwise as said just wait until you have access to HW and go HAM in Firmament. DOH/DOL jobs are capped at your highest DOW/DOM level so rule of thumb is just do the MSQ. Always. Any questions you have about anything in the game? MSQ and blue ! quests will be the answer 99% of the time.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Only nice thing about having crafter lvl'd for Trial members is the cheap ass repairs, Menders in cities/outposts only repair up too 100% but with the dark matter chunks you buy for repair you can over-repair up too 199%..

The issue with Trial member is no MB(To even buy stuff)/Retainer(To even sell stuff) so the only inventory access you have is literally you and you're chocobo saddle, and crafter/gather will eat up the inventory very very very easy. lol

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Better than dungeons? It's a huge amount of work to level them all up.
Yes. With crafting you have gear on demand for each job type at every level. Unless you are just playing one type of job you will need more than the one set of gear the MSQ gives you for each level range.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Only nice thing about having crafter lvl'd for Trial members is the cheap ass repairs, Menders in cities/outposts only repair up too 100% but with the dark matter chunks you buy for repair you can over-repair up too 199%..
Lol what!?

Goonsquad Officer
Folks ultimately craft for the same reason they do everything: glamour! Though mid savage season, there are often scavanges and top top top tier items that sell well.

I tend to sort out an item that sells decent and just keep a few stocked. For a while I was selling a fish for 10 to 20k each. For a while folks were doing the tradeskil turn in for seals and xp and rich folk will dump almost any price on the rarer items.

Cybsled

I'm an omnicrafter, but I never self-repaired. However, I had no idea you could "over repair" items with the dark matter stuff.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You'll literally save millions of Gil repairing your own gear, especially if you do a lot of bulk crafting.

Conveniently, the FC house has a vendor with every type of catalyst you could ever want! Although the most expensive Grade 8 does work for any level gear.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Does anyone know what ilvl the relic weapons will start at? 620 like the current Lunar Envoy? 615 like Latest Extreme? Lower? Higher?

Malkav

French Madman
Does anyone know what ilvl the relic weapons will start at? 620 like the current Lunar Envoy? 615 like Latest Extreme? Lower? Higher?
I'm expecting 625 or 630.
Not on par with savage weapons but maybe up to upgraded tome weapon.

Definitely higher than EX weapon.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Isn't the first tier of the relic weapon usually bad? Like on par with the release level EX and Tomestones?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's been worse than the unupgraded tome weapon in the past 2 expansions, too lazy to check HW. Stormblood Anemos was 355 while unupgraded tome was 360, ShB first relic was 485 while unupgraded tome was 490. So I'd expect 5 under. In 6.35, it'll be upgraded to the same ilvl as the upgraded tome weapon(still a bit worse than savage but really good for late prog/class changes since it saves you a ton of tomes). Due to substat choices it sometimes is BiS, but that's only when your savage weapon has really garbage stats. And obviously the very last version is usually BiS for the expansion but it comes so late it makes sense.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How is the MSQ in the latest patches? I think I only did the 6.1 MSQ.

I did have issues with the latest dungeons, I found it hard to see what insta kill mechanic the bosses did. Well it felt like I died to one hit anyway all the time. Granted I did not really run them enough to learn the fights.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah 6.2 was pretty good, reminded me of some of the FFXI stuff where it just goes pretty wild quickly. Lots of new lore, new characters, new potential story arcs and so on. That said it also ends right in the middle of it, so you could just wait until 6.3 and get probably a more complete experience that way.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
For whatever reason I'm enjoying levelling all these craft jobs - I'm lvl 20+ as BS/AS/Carpenter/Botanist/Miner. I just took up leatherworking and I'm going to start Alchemy soon. I know it's slowed my main job levelling (only lvl 24 Marauder) but is this normal for people to take up so many crafts? lol

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
For whatever reason I'm enjoying levelling all these craft jobs - I'm lvl 20+ as BS/AS/Carpenter/Botanist/Miner. I just took up leatherworking and I'm going to start Alchemy soon. I know it's slowed my main job levelling (only lvl 24 Marauder) but is this normal for people to take up so many crafts? lol
Omnicrafters seem to be the minority. Most don't even seem to want to touch crafting until they're direly bored with the game at endgame.

But given how easy it is to level all crafting jobs if you just turn in levequests while doing the MSQ, I think it's more that people complicate the leveling process, get overwhelmed and simply don't do it.