Final Fantasy XV (PS4 / XB1 / PC)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Especially since he's narrating it from the Zanarkand part of the story, and then you get to that point (and beyond) and he's still got the whiny voice. Doesn't make any sense.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
So disappointed by that video.
  • Combat still looks like action-spammy garbage where enemies can still interrupt your attacks with cheap bullshit hits, knockdown stunlock from swarms, and teammates who don't do shit.
  • Area just off the beaten path in the beginning of the game, level 7 enemies the entire way down except the last boss who is level 38. Great design job guys. clap clap.
  • Drawing for spells, combining spells into better spells..... that are still completely worse than just spamming the attack button. friendly fire on AOE, wtf is the point of that when your giant 2hander swings have no impact on your allies and still do more damage as well as staggering the enemies?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
So disappointed by that video.
  • Combat still looks like action-spammy garbage where enemies can still interrupt your attacks with cheap bullshit hits, knockdown stunlock from swarms, and teammates who don't do shit.
  • Area just off the beaten path in the beginning of the game, level 7 enemies the entire way down except the last boss who is level 38. Great design job guys. clap clap.
  • Drawing for spells, combining spells into better spells..... that are still completely worse than just spamming the attack button. friendly fire on AOE, wtf is the point of that when your giant 2hander swings have no impact on your allies and still do more damage as well as staggering the enemies?

I didn't really mind the draw system so much as the corollary thereof. Getting 99 of a spell really wasn't that time consuming. What was annoying as fuck, though, was the knowledge that if you wanted to CAST a spell - say, ultima - you were weaking your character, which thereby forbid you from, oh, I don't know, USING magic.

spronk

FPS noob
Live FF15 song performance by London Philharmonic Orchestra and FF15 composer Yoko Shimomura

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sony Interactive Entertainment Unveils PlayStation®4 Pro, Delivering Enhanced PS4® Experience

November 10th for $399 is the new PS4. Likely why this game was pushed back.

CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
Memory: GDDR5 8GB
HDMI™ out port (supports 4K/HDR)
DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port

I've found that as I age I care less and less about cutting-edge graphics and custom servers and mods and the like, so consoles have been my platform of choice for the last half-decade.

But ask me to fork over 400 bucks every THREE years for an underpowered device, and I'll just build a new pc.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I will be upgrading my Blu-ray player from launch day PS3 to the Neo, I think 10 years is long enough.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is the single, biggest fail of the new system.
If that is the biggest fail, then the system is a success? Can't imagine the 4K TV + 4K physical media watcher market is very big currently and won't be for a few years. Hell, I regret buying as many DVDs I as I did and the number of Blu-rays in comparison is a hugely sharp decline.

People expect consoles to be the top of the line PC or now I guess a top of the line media center? Despite making fun of Microsoft for it at current gen release? I don't buy that, they designed for their market and the specifications that are going to be predominant in the next few years. If TV signals catch up to 4K or 4K 60fps becomes a console gaming standard, or 4K physical media spikes in numbers they'll accommodate that in the PS5 but most of the tech and the userbase just isn't there. And the ones that are there are PC master racers.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Except Sony is part owner of the BluRay tech and the 100 dollar cheaper Xbox S has the 4k BluRay player. I don't expect a top of the line PC. I expect something of equal value to the competition. As someone with a 4k TV, I absolutely wanted a 4k BluRay player(and will likely buy the new Xbox mainly for that feature). The amount of data on those disks is simply huge and there are not a lot of streaming options right now.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Watching videos of this game I've been considering cancelling my pre-order for the special edition or whatever.. looks like crap

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watching videos of this game I've been considering cancelling my pre-order for the special edition or whatever.. looks like crap

Yeah on one hand I kinda admire them for wanting to deliver a unique experience with each new entry; on the other, they're dirty cuntbags.

Wish they'd just work on perfecting a formula that already exists instead of...whatever the hell those trailers represent.

Siliconemelons

A cool vfx movie does not make a game, even if you loved their attempt at giving you a decent plot and background intro in a form of a movie to slightly de-convolute the plot- the GAME still has to have gameplay you enjoy.

I haven't enjoyed FF main series games for years, I don't view them as "RPGs" I view them as action games.

I wonder how much they will fux with FF7 remakes battle system and if that alone will effect it's sales. I for one, in my personal tastes not want to play 7 with a "modern" combat system.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll still buy this game day 1 most likely but I agree, watching the videos I'm just not that huge of a fan at the moment. I'm sure once I actually play it my thoughts could change but I honestly prefer the turn style type of FF's instead of this new age Kingdom hearts style action fast paced hack and slash games. I was hoping it would just be like FF13 and 13-2 was where it's still turn based but seemed much faster paced. Although get rid of the auto battle shit and bring back more abilities to use.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm definitely not hyped about the game, but I will probably get it as it's another RPG to play.

It's a really fucked up world though when some of the best RPGs lately have all come from Atlus, or NISA.