Final Fantasy XV (PS4 / XB1 / PC)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Wow, those English voice actors fucking blow. They need to start providing English subtitles with Japanese voices for the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wow, those English voice actors fucking blow. They need to start providing English subtitles with Japanese voices for the game.
They had them in 13 and said they'll try to get them for this too. Demo will have both for sure they said, entire game you'll probably have to download an additional free DLC for voices like in 13(shit was 5gb too).

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I don't care if I had to pay an additional 5 fucking dollars to have the option to get rid of those English voices. Just like in anime, Americans can't dub for shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't care if I had to pay an additional 5 fucking dollars to have the option to get rid of those English voices. Just like in anime, Americans can't dub for shit.
In some cases they're pretty decent but yeah in general it sucks. But yeah like for 13-3(and I assume 13-2), you could download japanese voice as a DLC so if there was one company I'd expect to have dual audio it'd be them(at least for main line FF). Wish everyone would do that but apparently it's pretty expensive to buy the rights to use the voices in other countries, the voice actors in japan are very well paid and you have to pay them to use their work internationally, so it's cheaper to dub, and there isn't really an incentive for them to pay for both tracks when a lot of people will use the dub anyway.

Edit: Apparently I remember wrong and 13 didn't have dual audio, only 13-3 did. PC version does though. The excuse for 13 was that apparently it couldn't fit for Xbox 360 so they just decided not to do it.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Welp, boy band or no i'm in. That was stunning and Ramuh is usually a scrub summon. Curious see Bahamut or Alexander now.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Will probably suck, but I'm sure I will still get it and regret it immediately like the last few

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
All fantastic the first two times but 30 summons later...
I prefer taking control on the summons like they did in 8 was it?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well that just sealed the deal, goddamn.

Behemoth looked fucking badass too. Not those gay ones from the 13-series.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
All fantastic the first two times but 30 summons later...
I prefer taking control on the summons like they did in 8 was it?
All the main line FF's starting at 10 let you control the summons for the duration, either time based or hp/cancel state. Prior to that they were just one shot spells. And yeah, Ramuh is like part of the first tier of summons, so Bahamut must look rigoddamndiculous.

edit: Do people actually call Ramuh "Ramoo?" Because I've referred to him as "Ram-uh" for like 20 years now.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
edit: Do people actually call Ramuh "Ramoo?" Because I've referred to him as "Ram-uh" for like 20 years now.
Same.

And @hatorade

Remember 7? Could set up materia to maxed counterattack with maxed knights of the round table followed by maxed mimics. Get hit once = a 30 minute unskippable chain of summon.

Don't think 8 or 9 had controllable summons, but they had limited / skip versions of them. Probably a lesson learned directly from fan feedback of Knights of the round table.

As the video of Ramuh here, it must be for demo / visual purposes. It did multiple 99999 damage and oneshot the boss even though the HP of the party was in the 800 - 1100 range. FF 10 had the overdrive mechanic where you got the items that pushed you past 9999. I remember you could get that for the first summon immediately, making it the best summon for a good while, but even that scaled related to your own power. You didn't hit for 99999 until much later in the game. Certainly not at HP 1000 which you usually go past within a few hours of the FF games.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Yeah i was thinking about how funny it would be to show the damage from a huge attack like that to be aroubd 1200. They always make them look incredibly badass and then do as much as like two normal attacks.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, all the NPCs in 14 pronounce it "Ram-oo"

Ee-freet
Shee-va
Ram-oo
Bah-ha-mut (emphasis on first syllable)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Played the demo last night. Wife autobought FF zero (holy shit is that game bad) on Amazon for some reason, but it had a code for the demo.

The good:
Seemless open world is nice, though it comes with some heinous load times when you first load a save. Character animations and graphics are really good (PS4 version). Controls are fairly smooth in combat. Audio is fucking amazing in 9-2 surround. Most of the English voice acting is decent in the cut scenes, at least. It has a sort of FF12 open world MMO feel to it, which I really liked when I played 12.

The Bad:
If you go near a quest object, the party dialog is the equivalent of 3 Navis from Zelda bitching at you about the cool thing they see. Combat mechanics are somewhat limited, at least in the demo, especially since you only seem to have control over one character. Weapon switching appears to be bugged, outside of the tutorial fight. The menu system is a mess outside of combat. The night time trash swarms are dumb to fight when all you can see is the small lighted area directly on the ground in front of your guys.

The Ugly:
The Tutorial has this great long explanation of how to do all these impressive timed dodges, counters, and weapon triggered special moves. In reality, you are fighting swarms of dodgy trash that duck anything other than mashing basic attacks -OR- boss monsters that will one punch crunch you if you are anywhere in the same zip code of their attacks. Worse than this, the zerg horde enemy rushes are impossible to fight tactically because this game has some of the worst camera controls and movement of any game I have played in years. Like, Spyro the Dragon on PS1 levels of bad camera. The twitchy target lock and inconsistent camera panning make anything resembling tactical combat basically impossible. Worse still, during boss fights, the camera likes to stay more or less on the boss monster, which would not be terrible except it means you cannot see where you are going when running for your life to avoid getting turned into road kill by its basic attacks. Last, its one of those "main character gets KOed Game Over" games, which essentially translates into "main character fails a dodge against boss, gratz 4 minute load screen" aggravation situation.

Bottom line, I think the camera issues can be fixed. They need to be corrected for the game to be playable. The other stuff should be fixed, but unless they trade out zerg hordes for fewer enemies with more HP, its just going to be a DMC clone where you have all these amazing special abilities you never use because mashing autoattack is the your one viable option. I hope they fix the issues, because there is a good potential to wipe the stink of 13 off of the franchise here, but I will never understand why Squeenix seems obsessed with making an action game when their turned based RPGs are what built the company into greatness.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The dog swarms still can be dodged easily or you can parry because the icon still shows - However ofcourse you cant see every mob in the swarm due to camera but if they pulled it out much more it would look awkward. Combat in general has a small curve to it since everything cannot be parried and some just needs a dodge but all the advanced systems arent in the demo anyways.

As for the weapons, you can fiddle on which order you have them come up -- but since you cant tweak much in demo its hard to tell which tier of weapon attacks is brought into play at which point in time. I just know i put my 2hder in second to chew through swarms . The only thing i wasnt really fond of is how often drain blade missed due to its kinda slow animation and the fact everything moved faster than the attack, but since you can KD mobs on the regular to increase dmg and crit chance its a bit redeemable for those situations.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Same.

And @hatorade

Remember 7? Could set up materia to maxed counterattack with maxed knights of the round table followed by maxed mimics. Get hit once = a 30 minute unskippable chain of summon.

Don't think 8 or 9 had controllable summons, but they had limited / skip versions of them. Probably a lesson learned directly from fan feedback of Knights of the round table.

As the video of Ramuh here, it must be for demo / visual purposes. It did multiple 99999 damage and oneshot the boss even though the HP of the party was in the 800 - 1100 range. FF 10 had the overdrive mechanic where you got the items that pushed you past 9999. I remember you could get that for the first summon immediately, making it the best summon for a good while, but even that scaled related to your own power. You didn't hit for 99999 until much later in the game. Certainly not at HP 1000 which you usually go past within a few hours of the FF games.
I do and it was annoying, I looked into what I was talking about and it was the FF X Aeon Overdrives system, you played as the summons and I remember them being really powerful and worth the time getting the Magus Sisters etc.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I do and it was annoying, I looked into what I was talking about and it was the FF X Aeon Overdrives system, you played as the summons and I remember them being really powerful and worth the time getting the Magus Sisters etc.
Yeah, I enjoyed the summons of FF 10. Actually enjoyed that game quite a bit aside from the cringe HAHA scenes and some of the ultimate weapon quests. FF 6, 7, 9 and 10 are the only ones I have finished multiple times.

As to this game, I just pre-ordered Type-0, mainly for the 15 demo. I will forever give Square a chance.

Chrono Trigger on a snes emulator was my first ever Jrpg followed by FF 7 releasing a month after I tried Chrono Trigger, followed by FF 6 on a snes emulator. Still never quite had a gaming run like that, and it defined my favorite genre to RPGs. I miss Soft though. Not sure what Enix did to Soft, but something got fucked up in that transition.