First World Problems

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Other people's remote control handling skills
I'm not talking about personal impatience or simply not being in control
I'm talking about others being too slow, lingering on the clearly worthless, stopping to check their phones, not adjusting volumes appropriately, etc

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
If that's of concern to you, you might want to check out the laws - most of the laws regarding time clocks were pretty strict about stuff like that in the states I've dealt with.
It used to be at the entrance where we get our radios and assignments for the day.
It's now in the building behind that one, which still has to be traveled through due to fences and no vehicle accesses, on the fourth floor inside a locked room. No elevator. I have keys, but that's time I have to spend off the clock.
BTW, radios and assignments will not be in this new room.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
It used to be at the entrance where we get our radios and assignments for the day.
It's now in the building behind that one, which still has to be traveled through due to fences and no vehicle accesses, on the fourth floor inside a locked room. No elevator. I have keys, but that's time I have to spend off the clock.
BTW, radios and assignments will not be in this new room.
Yeah that sounds hella illegal

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
A restaurant I like is slowly turning to shit. I've seen it a few times so I recognize the pattern now. First they start letting the atmosphere go, and I don't care because aside from breastraunts, I don't eat somewhere because of atmosphere. For example, taking the TVs down or the AC hasn't been working right for a month and now they have humidity problems causing the salt to clump up. Then they stop caring about little things like making sure the daily menus are updated and I don't care because they are usually things I didn't care about either. Then there's an almost imperceptible change in the employees attitudes and at some point the food finally starts sucking and that's when I give up on them.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
One of my favorite local restaurants sold to new owners and the new owners fucked up so bad they were closed within 6 months. Sucks. Another one was just sold and I'm awaiting the re-opening, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I mean hell, why buy a successful business and then run it like shit? The hard part is over, the restaurant made it. .. Keep the status quo and reap the profits.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Because people are stupid?

It's always sad when a good restaurant goes and dies. This amazing Italian place opened up close to my work a couple of years back. One of the best Italian foods I've had (outside of Italy). But the place was almost always empty and half a year later it shut down. Either they did not know how to market themselves or started with too little capital, or both. Sad
frown.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Food and drink is a tough business. The failure rate is ridiculously high. Although I think that's at least partially because a lot of people who just don't know any better get in to it thinking that their poorly thought out concept or business plan is going to be extremely profitable the day it opens, and aren't prepared to tough it it for a year or two as they get established. We've all had those drunk, late night conversations with our buddies that "we should totally open a bar, it would be awesome". The difference is, when we sober up most of us realize that it's a stupid idea. Many don't.

Definitely sucks when a good one goes under for shitty reasons, whether it's a change in ownership, a termination of a lease, or whatever else.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My fav (and where I was working in the EQ years) died off because they expanded to a second location in ~2006. All gone by 2008. Thanks, Obama.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Coworker tells me she's bringing in homemade chili for three of us to have for lunch today, so I don't bring my own lunch. Lunch comes today and I see that she brought a bowl that I could have comfortably eaten myself (without gorging myself). For the three of us to split. I don't complain of course, and it was really good, but now I'm still hungry and I'll probably end up eating some fucking cookies someone put in the break room instead of the moderately healthy food I would have brought for myself.

Brad2770

Sensitivity of my R2 button isn't as sensitive now. I will probably need to replace the controller.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
LOL @ thinking France is a first world nation. That's second world problems, bro.