First World Problems

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Wife keeps wanting to blow me in the shower. I prefer she blows me in bed where I can lay down and she can tickle my feet. But she likes the shower better where she can more easily play with my butthole.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Power in your neighborhood is out and not expected to be back on for 12 hours, so it forces you and your wife to go see an abomination of an X-men film in order to be entertained somewhere with booze and functional air conditioning.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Went to the bathroom for my morning shit and realized I left my phone in the truck. But I'm fucking crowning, and there's no way I can go get it. No magazines in the bathroom either. So I have to shit like a caveman this morning with nothing to entertain me.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
AC went down on Saturday. They came out and managed to get it running, but the fan motor needs to be replaced. Guy said he will be by Monday or by mid week. Called him, we are still not on the schedule and now it is looking like Friday. Good thing I can work from home...

AC unit was installed a year and a half ago. It is Florida, and fucking hot and humid as hell. AC death suuuuucks.

• 1Rustled

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
My central air conditioner only gets my bedroom down to 64' at night, it used to be able to go down to around 59'. I may have to replace the coolant.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When you know the end is near for your favorite burger place due to acquisition by a PE firm...

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
If they are your favorite, these guys are doing you a favor shutting it down. I wouldn't even say whataburger has been good for 10 years. Not since they cut out most of the available toppings.

Fucking autoincorrect.

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Went to the bathroom for my morning shit and realized I left my phone in the truck. But I'm fucking crowning, and there's no way I can go get it. No magazines in the bathroom either. So I have to shit like a caveman this morning with nothing to entertain me.

I've done this so many times that the shampoo bottles have been memorised. Shampoo, Rinse, Reepeeet

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

AC went down on Saturday. They came out and managed to get it running, but the fan motor needs to be replaced. Guy said he will be by Monday or by mid week. Called him, we are still not on the schedule and now it is looking like Friday. Good thing I can work from home...

AC unit was installed a year and a half ago. It is Florida, and fucking hot and humid as hell. AC death suuuuucks.

I feel your bro pain bro.... the thing is this is the time of year that the AC unit is working almost double - and it is the stress that leads to AC death.

I pray for my unit daily. I am getting new windows and hope that helps keep my house better insulated - the windows I have now are heatsinks in an west facing room that has a very weak output vent (that is issue 2, to resolve)

It has been keeping up at a 20degree split even with 90+ temps, so it is actually performing as it should. I should go toss some holy water on it tonight just to be sure.

• 1Solidarity

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I feel your bro pain bro.... the thing is this is the time of year that the AC unit is working almost double - and it is the stress that leads to AC death.

I pray for my unit daily. I am getting new windows and hope that helps keep my house better insulated - the windows I have now are heatsinks in an west facing room that has a very weak output vent (that is issue 2, to resolve)

It has been keeping up at a 20degree split even with 90+ temps, so it is actually performing as it should. I should go toss some holy water on it tonight just to be sure.

I need to get the windows replaced here as well. That and do something about the sun room that we never use cause it is hot AF and ends up heating the living room.

• 1Solidarity

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Serious question,

Has anyone ever actually bought and ate roadside tamales before?
Not roadside but in AZ, tamale man would walk around eith his cooler of homemade tamales to go from shop to shop and they are a life saver.

PDX has a tamale lady who does the same and just walks the streets all day.

Not sure how I'd feel about a stand for tamales but I cant imagine they are terrible. The only place I wouldnt get a tamale is at a brick and mortar restaurant.

Siliconemelons

Not roadside but in AZ, tamale man would walk around eith his cooler of homemade tamales to go from shop to shop and they are a life saver.

PDX has a tamale lady who does the same and just walks the streets all day.

Not sure how I'd feel about a stand for tamales but I cant imagine they are terrible. The only place I wouldnt get a tamale is at a brick and mortar restaurant.

My old boss swore by these street breakfast bagel sandwiches...this dude in chicago would take his little cart around town at 3am, go to the jew town and get bagels, then go to italian land for some meat, the sweeds for something else and then two or three other racial little burrows to get specific items - he (a black guy) would then sell these breakfast sandwiches that were essentially made out of the best of each races specialty and where amazing.

I used it as an example of how the free market was working and his desire to produce a better product led him to work with different races he most likely would not have naturally or within a restrictive market.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Street Tamales are Best tamales.

Oh uhh rustled thread.. (edit: Ah well fits as a first world problem too)
Fuckin guy who installed a new minisplit did a shitty job and the coolant mostly leaked and now he's not to be found answering his phone.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I need to get the windows replaced here as well. That and do something about the sun room that we never use cause it is hot AF and ends up heating the living room.
I had a western facing patio room in my house in Ft Laud. Afternoons the central air struggled to keep up with the heat it got. Since it was facing rhe backyard I got a 6k BTU wall unit for that room (no one would see it sticking out the window). Pound for pound, wall ac units are the most efficient coolers. Set the thermostat on it so it ran during the day while I was at work. Kept the back room cool during the afternoon and took the load off the central air. House was cooler and power bill went down since the central didnt need to run as much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I had a western facing patio room in my house in Ft Laud. Afternoons the central air struggled to keep up with the heat it got. Since it was facing rhe backyard I got a 6k BTU wall unit for that room (no one would see it sticking out the window). Pound for pound, wall ac units are the most efficient coolers. Set the thermostat on it so it ran during the day while I was at work. Kept the back room cool during the afternoon and took the load off the central air. House was cooler and power bill went down since the central didnt need to run as much.

Ah, thanks for the advice!

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Mine is the front of the house and a living room.. I pondered minisplit system for there and when I convert my back room to a craft room that needs AC.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Here's a first world problem if ever there was one: I've recently received a lot of gifts, and I've run out of appropriate places to store bottles of wine. I now have some in boxes in a closet. My entire rack is full.