First World Problems

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Got up and grabbed a bowl of cereal. I was just about to pour milk on it when my wife told me that that cereal was for our (20yo) son. I ate it anyhow. I hate that awkward feeling that I am doing something wrong when I bought it in the first place.

iannis

Musty Nester
lol

frown.png

In similar fashion, I made myself a bowl of cereal yesterday and went to pour some milk on it. Shit had soured. I ate my cornflakes chunky style.

Maybe that was actually a 3rd world problem.

Rubiks-Q-Bert_sl

shitlord
Got up and grabbed a bowl of cereal. I was just about to pour milk on it when my wife told me that that cereal was for our (20yo) son. I ate it anyhow. I hate that awkward feeling that I am doing something wrong when I bought it in the first place.
You did say 20 year old right?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, he is living with us for the short term. That may be considered another first world problem, thinking family has to move out.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah, he is living with us for the short term. That may be considered another first world problem, thinking family has to move out.
Many third world cultures have their children live with them until they get married.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Somebody having a birthday on your Newsfeed when you just wrote a blurb yesterday to somebody else.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I should really post this in the PickleTickle thread, but it's relevant here. I'm in my 30s and live with my mother. Every time someone I know has a baby I congratulate them by saying "if you're as lucky as my mother then your baby will still be living with you in 30+ years." You should see the looks on their faces. God it's good being a loser sometimes!
smile.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A mother rabbit made an early nest in our backyard and seems to love our beautiful grass with all the rain showers that came through this month. She loves it so much that she hasn't left our backyard for the last 3 days and would only go as far as hiding under the air conditioning unit while we mowed. She leaves the nest corner only during the hours when the deck provides the shade and twice has been fully laid out while looking up at me from a few feet away as if she owns the place.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I mean, the royals all live together in the same little shanty house.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
A mother rabbit made an early nest in our backyard and seems to love our beautiful grass with all the rain showers that came through this month. She loves it so much that she hasn't left our backyard for the last 3 days and would only go as far as hiding under the air conditioning unit while we mowed. She leaves the nest corner only during the hours when the deck provides the shade and twice has been fully laid out while looking up at me from a few feet away as if she owns the place.
Luckyyyyyy

baby-bunny-rabbit-with-mother.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This isn't uncommon in many 1st world countries where property values are very high such as England and Japan.
Japan isn't a NATO member is it? That's technically what "1st world" means. (The "Allies" side of the Cold War, "2nd world" is the Communist side, "Third World" was the uninvolved)

But plenty of MODERN nations do it, yes. Although for Japan my understanding is it has more to do with elder care costs than property costs.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
it's definitely property costs. It's an extremely mountainous island chain (like 72% land mass is mountains) with way more people than square footage to house them.

my problem:

I finally got dragon age inquisition and started playing it, and without fail every time I load up initially (ie sitting on the loading screen for a minute or so), the 3 cards of the loading menu are single sentence hints/tips. And again without fail, every time i'm just zoning or whatever and have like 3 second loading screen, all 3 cards are pages and pages of lore/stories etc. Stuff I don't read while i'm playing and find the lores but would love to read while i'm staring at a loading screen.

Every, single, time.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Loading times of modern games. Holy fuck. I only have SATA 2.0 because it's a first-gen i7 so even Master Race doesn't help much.

Skylake and advancements in SSD tech can't get here fast enough.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
GTA5 is the first PC game I've played regularly that I can't load to my RAMdrive (I have 32GB of Ram, and the GTA install is 60GB, I typically put any game that is <25GB install into my RAMdrive for mega-fast loading). And RAM prices are still triple what I paid back in 2012.

Bastards