FOH Inaugural MtG Arena Tournament -3/11- Winner: Kiroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Remember players, if you have not finished your third round you have until Wednesday at 7est.

Please get with your opponents and have a match.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Had maybe the most fund I've had in Japan so far wandering around Akihabara pawing through magic bins and searching for the best deal on all the cards I need. Found 67 of the 75 cards I need for my deck for about $33 in total, and then spent another $7 on card boxes, sleeves etc.

Also got a bit of a shock of how much my collection is worth. Guy straight up offered me $200 for my foil DCI Wastelands and overall what I brought to Japan is worth at least 10k. With trading being not allowed though, not sure what good that's going to do me.

Glendariel

Silver Squire
I believe trading is not allowed inside the shops? You could probably do the trade outside the shop or at another location.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
yeah Japanese people simply don't want to trade at all. Even at the shop where trading was allowed they were very gun shy about it.

In other news, I finish my deck up. Total cost: about $60 US. It hurt having to pay $4 each for Pteramanders. I'm too late to enter GP Kyoto this weekend but I'll look for some other tournaments in the future.

For now I think I'll make it a pet project to to build an Izzet Phoenix deck by using my trade folder when I can

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
zzeris zzeris I had a really busy weekend then had chemo yesterday and spent the rest of the day asleep. Should be good to go for sometime tonight tho if you are. Any time is good, just let me know.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
zzeris zzeris I had a really busy weekend then had chemo yesterday and spent the rest of the day asleep. Should be good to go for sometime tonight tho if you are. Any time is good, just let me know.

I've been busy too. 5 pm est is good if you are available either day.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Final Round of Swiss. You have until Saturday 7Est.

Top four will follow.

Good luck everyone!

20190320_175647.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
finished my blue deck, played in my first tournament yesterday, went 2-1 against some of the toughest players in Japan, won a small prize. I am quite happy!

forgive the blog like post but it's all @a_skeleton_02 fault I'm playing magic again in the first place

20190320_134357.jpg

20190320_163832.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.