FOH Shower Thoughts

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
72640395_494038664784122_1780083263507791872_n.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When aunt becky says "you'll like so-and-so, he's just like you" they are rarely correct. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this. I figure its one of 3 reasons.

1. The limited ways in which you are alike are things you don't like about yourself. So when you're together, that's all you focus on. The more you hate yourself the more this will bother you. Especially if you realize that this must be how aunt becky sees you.

2. The limited ways you are alike are not things you consider to be defining characteristics. Like, ok cool this guy likes star wars. Wow we are twins. Thanks for introducing us aunt becky! [ \sarcasm]

3. If they really are exactly like you, they're redundant. The group already has a me, we don't need another me. What I do is not so tiresome that I need to tag out once in a while.

In any case, you wind up hating aunt becky. So I try to never use that "you'll like so-and-so" phrase. It's hard though when 2 people are a lot alike. Even though I know they will most likely hate each other.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

Hebrew script has way to many n's in it. 22 letters and I count 4 that look like another fancy n. That number seems low imo based on signs I see. Those 4 letters must be the rstl of the Hebrew language.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty excited. In about 3 days I'm going to be joining the mile high club.

International chapter.

Solo flyer rank.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Drinking a cow's milk is okay, but drinking human breast milk is considered gross. Licking a breast is okay, but licking an udder is considered gross.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What if Jesus was just concern trolling the Jews and the Romans?

No true lover of God would sell their junk INSIDE the temple, how blasphemous! *flips table*

Last edited:
  • 1Harrow

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The word "psychic" is going to in the future be pretty much synonymous with "magic."

Think about it -- the word is firmly attached to quack/pseudoscience now. Even if phenomena that today those quacks would label "psychic" were to be investigated and proved true, each step forward of that proof is going to be taken by REAL scientists who point at their scientific data and say "look, that's not a psychic phenomena, it's a scientific one."

With each small step forward towards proving the truth of psychic phenomena being taken by scientists who basically will refuse to use the word, the word will just slowly be phased out of the realm of scientific vocabulary.

Either that or the word will come to be defined by scientists as having some specific scientific meaning, but the path to that outcome is a lot more difficult for me to envision. Scientific understanding of psychic phenomena would have to somehow move forward in leaps instead of steps for that to happen.

• 1Harrow

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Updated, more honest and accurate church hymn:

Here I am Lord
Is it I Lord?
I hope not, 'cause it would suck to be Jesus

• 1Harrow

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This isn't a shower thought but I wanted to share it.

Some professor did a field study, which involved people facing a though decision (divorce, change of job, ..) use a coin flip to make the call. The study pointed out that those who made the change were happier 6 months after the facts, compared to those that did not.

The study finally pointed out a causal relation between the coin telling people to go with the change and their increased happiness afterwards.

These results suggest people make shitty conservative decisions all the time.

source

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
In the Naked Gun films, during the opening credits showing the police car driving around, is that supposed to be Leslie Nielsen's character driving the car, or was it representative of the police as a whole?

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This isn't a shower thought but I wanted to share it.

Some professor did a field study, which involved people facing a though decision (divorce, change of job, ..) use a coin flip to make the call. The study pointed out that those who made the change were happier 6 months after the facts, compared to those that did not.

The study finally pointed out a causal relation between the coin telling people to go with the change and their increased happiness afterwards.

These results suggest people make shitty conservative decisions all the time.

source

This is similar to sunk cost, which pretty much changed (or at least strongly influenced) my way of taking decision in life. level of stress went down drastically.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Rick and Morty fans:

What if this whole universe is almost just Life of Roy, but rather Life of Jesus and this is just the world with the high score so they decided to leave it running after?

• 1Harrow

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
We're about to have a fucking space force (this will be the new 'we put a man on the moon' trope), why are commercials still louder than the fucking program we're watching? Why hasn't anyone invented a speaker where you set a decibel level and it automagically boosts or attenuates the output to maintain that noise level? The same technology could be applied to phones and radios and even hearing aids once it gets compact enough. I'm no expert in sound tech, but it seems like we're already doing shit really similar. Someone just needs to adapt it to control the output noise and it'll be a goldmine.

• 1Jonesing
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Why wasn't the Affordable Care Act "fee" for the uninsured instead called a "credit" for the insured?

Maybe because the powers that be manipulated the language from a positive to a negative to make it more marketable as an argument against "Obamacare."

• 1Harrow