Folger's Extravagant Swatch Thread

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Honestly guys I wouldn't rather be stuck with no other group of internet misfits than you during a global world ending pandemic

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Morning Bros. Another day in corona life. Hope all you forum Bros stay safe this week. Also don't forget

Fuck China.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Screenshot_20200330-083827_Chrome.jpg

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Hoss Hoss Ignatius Ignatius Big Phoenix Big Phoenix

What do you guys think of ar's with pistol braces? Looking at the Daniel defense ddm4v7 tactical. Seems like it's technically illegal to shoulder them and from watching videos the intended way to shoot looks annoying. Do people just buck the law and shoulder them at ranges anyways?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Hoss Hoss Ignatius Ignatius Big Phoenix Big Phoenix

What do you guys think of ar's with pistol braces? Looking at the Daniel defense ddm4v7 tactical. Seems like it's technically illegal to shoulder them and from watching videos the intended way to shoot looks annoying. Do people just buck the law and shoulder them at ranges anyways?
Also after covering based on ar15, ak47, shotguns, pistols, what would you guys go with next? Would love something in a 308 but it'll be impossible to find ammo now so though keeping same caliber is ideal.

Maybe a sign mpx or shoulder brace ar? Wish I could post in gun thread. Thanks in advance. Hoss Hoss Big Phoenix Big Phoenix Ignatius Ignatius

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Or at $2000 to spend should I just piece together my own at?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also after covering based on ar15, ak47, shotguns, pistols, what would you guys go with next? Would love something in a 308 but it'll be impossible to find ammo now so though keeping same caliber is ideal.

Maybe a sign mpx or shoulder brace ar? Wish I could post in gun thread. Thanks in advance. Hoss Hoss Big Phoenix Big Phoenix Ignatius Ignatius

I hate pistols with braces. They look and feel stupid, and I'm entirely uncomfortable with the whole 'brace' illusion. We all fucking know you shoulder that damn thing, you're purposely skirting the law. I had an owner of a gun store force one into my hands a few months ago. So I decided to try to wear the brace 'right'. It wouldn't open up wide enough to fit around my wrist (much less my forearm) and the owner was like "What are you doing?". "Just trying it out, this is how you're SUPPOSED to use the brace right?" This was one of the braces with a velcro strap, not the kind that's more like a fin. I've never shot an SBR, I might change my tune if I did and fell in love with them. But I really don't think I'd like them. However, I do like the shockwave and might get one later this year. Or I might get a standard pistol gripped shotgun with a long enough barrel to be out of the grey area. That decision boils down to the pistol grip being easier to control than the birdshead grip. If I can put a pistol grip on the shockwave I will do that. But I haven't looked into the legalities of that yet.

You need a sniper rifle next. 30-06 bolt action with 3-12x glass.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I hate pistols with braces. They look and feel stupid, and I'm entirely uncomfortable with the whole 'brace' illusion. We all fucking know you shoulder that damn thing, you're purposely skirting the law. I had an owner of a gun store force one into my hands a few months ago. So I decided to try to wear the brace 'right'. It wouldn't open up wide enough to fit around my wrist (much less my forearm) and the owner was like "What are you doing?". "Just trying it out, this is how you're SUPPOSED to use the brace right?" This was one of the braces with a velcro strap, not the kind that's more like a fin. I've never shot an SBR, I might change my tune if I did and fell in love with them. But I really don't think I'd like them. However, I do like the shockwave and might get one later this year. Or I might get a standard pistol gripped shotgun with a long enough barrel to be out of the grey area. That decision boils down to the pistol grip being easier to control than the birdshead grip. If I can put a pistol grip on the shockwave I will do that. But I haven't looked into the legalities of that yet.

You need a sniper rifle next. 30-06 bolt action with 3-12x glass.
Haha thanks bud. Funny you mention that. Had been thinking of doing a Remington 700 build in 308 as a sniper/hunting build. Any insight into that? I guess the 700 platform and caliber?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Also gonna avoid pistol brace. It does seem gimmicky

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Haha thanks bud. Funny you mention that. Had been thinking of doing a Remington 700 build in 308 as a sniper/hunting build. Any insight into that? I guess the 700 platform and caliber?

308 is a good round. It's almost as good as 30-06. I don't get why people wanna go with the round that's almost as good and has a whole lot fewer options. Sometimes you want a round for a short action rifle and you're forced to use something like a 308 (or something based on the 308 case). 308's make sense in an AR platform because AFAIK, they can't handle 30-06. But 700's come with long actions too, so the sky's the limit. My favorite rifle to shoot is a springfield M1A, so I shoot and like 308. But that rifle is iron sights and I can't see well enough to shoot it past 150 yards. So the performance differences don't matter.

Remington is a decent rifle if that's what you like. I like rugers and old winchesters. But, there are definitely better rifles if you wanna go high end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

M82a1

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users