Fondest Memory of MMOs

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Fuck Vex Thal

I couldn't use my necro for anything else other than to fucking summon people (or was it also Plane of Earth B?), I would have to camp him in some safe corner in vex thal, then log in the next raid night, macroquest someone to target then start summoning corpses (using my robe! that I got from some velious dragon quest or some shit, halls of whatfuck) and rezzing some cleric so they could start rezzing everybody. The whole process took easily 35-40 mins. So then we could raid 6 hours easily.

Fuck those nights.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, OG VT sucked balls. Trash mobs chain blinding and stunning casters. That was eventually nerfed out, but the bajillion trash mobs remained. It was just long and tedious trash clearing to the next tank and spank mob. Our guild killed AHR (the top baddie of the xpac) on our first VT outing. Pretty straightforward zone if you could just manage to clear through the sea of trash.

Eventually found the trick to get the necro on the VT roof and skip most of the trash alltogether. Hell, we still used this trick on EQ Mac when it folded.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
How amazingly disturbing some where and how big of pieces of shits others were.

Knew a dude who played as a female in game, and extended that persona to being female on various guild boards. One time I saw him flirting with some random dude on another guild's board. I quickly point out that he is infact a dude irl. The creeper quickly sends me a pm saying I had no right to say that and that if he wants to roleplay as a female thats his right.
Yow know i miss the days of no ventrillo and expression through only typing in games... and what you say above could happen, i knew RL girls that RP-d male toons as well it was all more common than you think.. but at one time that was the point of Rpgs.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Corner tanking AOW in our 2nd place guild at the time (Endorean / formerly Apex) on Luclin. Defensive dropped and they still kept me alive. Granted, all I did was keep him in the corner and taunt/pray....but quad 1100s was a rush and a half at that time. God I miss the good old days.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
The game that immediately comes to mind is Vanguard. Specifically, the opening Kojani and Orc quests were absolutely insane. Such crazy, epic quests to introduce the game and the world to new players. After experiencing those I was like "yes, I'm home; this is the game for me." Unfortunately it turned out to be a game of very high highs and very low lows.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
He was - a quote I remember was "the best part of raiding is standing around in Org while people check out your gear".

fuckin brahma indeed - when he gutted the guild to form Trans....I understand there was personal bullshit and reasons to leave but man did that fuck over a lot of people. That was probably the most rustled I've been in an mmo

best moment was probably the first Rag kill or killing Vael. for some reason we had the most trouble with that fight. when we finally did it - eye of the tiger baby.
You act like what I did was a bad thing! I told anyone that wanted to come over they were welcome...Just leave 3 assholes behind if I remember correctly. What was your name in BR? I apologize man.

Transcendence was a day 1 guild from the monkly business boards.
I just wanted the name man. You guys owned the domain I believe also... well that and I knew you guys had some absolute idiots as officers who I could just force/con to do things my way.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
DAoC. Percival server.

Killing 212 people at Caer Renaris with 9 people (our Bonedancer tagged along solo) in a 25+ minute fight. Post-TOA, pre-New Frontiers.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
You act like what I did was a bad thing! I told anyone that wanted to come over they were welcome...Just leave 3 assholes behind if I remember correctly. What was your name in BR? I apologize man.
Didn't that whole thing spout up over that husband wife combo that wanted the husband's druid to be the MT for BR?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Tons of EQ memories but the most lasting MMO memories are the ones my friends still talk about well over a decade afterwards: SHADOWBANE.

And there were tons of those Shadowbane moments too... between farming up the 2mill for our seed and planting our own city against our alliance's wishes (Tribe on Death Server) to sneaking into House Lok-ri's territory to farm some commander runes (after the lok-ri "source" stopped selling them to us) all the way to the last great sieges when Lords of Death and a couple traitor guilds baned our capital (crimson dragoons lol). Some of those old guilds are still around in various games in one form or another. Lords of Death's Obidiah was a High Warlord on WoW and even wrote up a long (if LoD-biased)history of Death server on their site.

Never did know what happened with Sinbad and Silent Tribe but I kept running into LoD and Lok-ri and ebonlore in various MMOs over the decade+ since.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I just wanted the name man. You guys owned the domain I believe also... well that and I knew you guys had some absolute idiots as officers who I could just force/con to do things my way.
I was probably one of those officers =P. Although I still have no idea why I was made one in the first place.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Didn't that whole thing spout up over that husband wife combo that wanted the husband's druid to be the MT for BR?
That and a couple people that were officers that sucked as players. I screwed Khama though. That was fucked up of me.

Morsakin

Corner tanking AOW in our 2nd place guild at the time (Endorean / formerly Apex) on Luclin. Defensive dropped and they still kept me alive. Granted, all I did was keep him in the corner and taunt/pray....but quad 1100s was a rush and a half at that time. God I miss the good old days.
Hahaha holy shit I remember you; I was in Ancient Crusade and eventually Legacy of Sorrow before transferring to Stormhammer / Township Rebellion. Do you remember the Yandros / Jaascenta drama when her nudes were posted on the luclin community forums? Good times.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I remember BR and Trans.. I was part of a few of the alliance guilds that I can't even remember anymore.. it's been so long. I later joined Valorous with Hyperburn.. lol.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Hahaha holy shit I remember you; I was in Ancient Crusade and eventually Legacy of Sorrow before transferring to Stormhammer / Township Rebellion. Do you remember the Yandros / Jaascenta drama when her nudes were posted on the luclin community forums? Good times.
Of course! I think I played the "Flames & Rants" board almost as much as the game itself hahahhaha. I was cool with everyone, but talking shit was so much fun as a 18 (?) Year old. Apex/los/Ib/then ancient crusade / heroes / etc. That Community was something i dont ever think we'll see again in a game like that - not that I'd have the time to dedicate anymore!

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course! I think I played the "Flames & Rants" board almost as much as the game itself hahahhaha. I was cool with everyone, but talking shit was so much fun as a 18 (?) Year old. Apex/los/Ib/then ancient crusade / heroes / etc. That Community was something i dont ever think we'll see again in a game like that - not that I'd have the time to dedicate anymore!
Flames and Rants boards in early EQ were half of the reasons to play that game. DRAMA BABY!... it rules all.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Definitely. Added so much to the in game experience due to the loyaltylies / hatreds. And to this day: Fuck Neku, Deris was cool tho!

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
My fondest memory was wanting to play an mmo for more than a month.

Also - solo breaking into fear plane on my necro. I really enjoyed writing guides on doing fun stuff with him.

Morsakin

Definitely. Added so much to the in game experience due to the loyaltylies / hatreds. And to this day: Fuck Neku, Deris was cool tho!
Despite spending a good deal of time in LoS, I came in after Neku had passed his prime, so I never really interacted with him much. Deris was/is good people.

Did you hear Large died of an overdose?

You also just reminded me of one of the best names ever for an Iksar monk who was obviously being played by a guy with the most severe ADHD I've yet to encounter: Fiesty Kneegrow.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
I think the best part of ultima online, was that the game was fun right out the gate.

So many next gen MMO's develop the games so "fun" begins at end game. Why can't a game be fun and challenging out the gate? Grinding quests that no one gives a shit about is not fun.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Despite spending a good deal of time in LoS, I came in after Neku had passed his prime, so I never really interacted with him much. Deris was/is good people.

Did you hear Large died of an overdose?

You also just reminded me of one of the best names ever for an Iksar monk who was obviously being played by a guy with the most severe ADHD I've yet to encounter: Fiesty Kneegrow.
Yea I heard the rumor a while back. Never really liked the guy either, as someone from an opposing guild, but I hear he was a good dude to his inner LoS circle. Never would've wished death on him though. Shame
frown.png