Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Does Ducati still get engine concessions or any kind of favoritism? I did some basic searches but didn't come up with anything.
They have not since 2015. Their engine is actually desmodronic though and seems to make an extra bit of power over the other teams who are all using pneumatic spring valves.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kimi must have set a record for 1-year contract extensions at this point, lol. Seb still holding out, but can't imagine he'll risk too much.

Also, I thought this was quite telling of Alonzo's career choices spiral. Hard to feel sorry for him.

1503355846.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Why watch moto gp when you can be a street Rossi IRL. Picked her up a few months ago
umUOPf0.jpg

• 1Picard

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
porkchop.png

Guy Martin moonlighting as a Williams mechanic? Was he doing this for a tv show or something?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
What the hell was with Perez and Ocon? That is goddamn embarrassing.

It looked like the guy somewhat and in front and to the left came across the track right into the other guy, who had nowhere to go because of the wall. I didn't look up which was which but I think Ocon was in front?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It was Perez to blame for both collisions. He said the first was his fault but not the second.

The american team boss kept his cool, sky talked to him a few times during the race. Sounds like they are taking away their toys.

I don't really see either of them obeying team orders though.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It was Perez to blame for both collisions. He said the first was his fault but not the second.

The american team boss kept his cool, sky talked to him a few times during the race. Sounds like they are taking away their toys.

I don't really see either of them obeying team orders though.

You're right it was Perez in front, and he's the one who cut over into Ocon.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same dangerous shit Schumacher pulled on Barrichello a few years back. Squeezed him at speed, but somehow Rubens made it through without both of them cartwheeling at 200mph.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I don't get why the stewards allow them to block and squeeze each other like that. It doesn't make for exciting racing, it makes people a lot less likely to overtake because they know the other guy will slam the door and cause an accident if they aren't 500% in the clear.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Not sure what happened to Rossi's pace during the last race, I haven't read anything about it. But he did go and break his leg the following week, so there's that.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I watched the speed with guy martin episode where he does the williams mechanic thing. Amazed they let him do all that :D

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
How much opiates do you think Rossi was on to ride with a broken leg?

• 1Solidarity