Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More power from a smaller displacement and smoother (though, very slightly heavier).

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, its an 1100cc. So you are getting 225bhp @14krpm. That's a LOT of juice, stock. Interesting to note that compression is ~14:1 which is going to determine your fuel budget based on min requirements. It also has automatic-literally-everything controls, to keep it driveable and insurable.

I'm feeling old. We've come a long way from my olde GSXR with slingshot carbs, and a can of 104 octane boost.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What's the big deal with a V4? Narrower? Otherwise its just added complexity for the valve train, exhaust piping, etc.
Mainly narrower. They do tend to be a bit heavier. They can have a friendlier power delivery as compared to a screamer inline 4. It's also a Ducati thing (and Aprilia thing) to be an L engine.

It looks like a Panigale (which is good) so we all know it'll cook the shit out of the rider with the rear cylinders/exhaust header.

And they also have a 999cc homologated version coming out next year, which should be the only one actually legal for racing.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
They're kicking around moving the F1 start times back an hour. That'll be kinda nice since I live in the eastern time zone.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
They're kicking around moving the F1 start times back an hour. That'll be kinda nice since I live in the eastern time zone.

/shrug I just torrent them. British coverage is better anyways.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
He’s right, may as well just call it the Johnny Rea rule. This wouldn’t be an issue at all if he were still on a Honda and Sykes was still the top Kawi rider.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's a show on amazon called Grand Prix Driver that follows early 2017 mclaren. It is painful to watch.

After all that pain they went through with honda, Toro Rosso did 324 laps this week with the Honda.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Looks like GP forbids wings but there are still trick aero parts, but they are only allowing 1 change for the season. That should save some money.

Tech3 is dropping yamaha. Vale says he will race a couple more years at least.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit the view from the top of the airbox with the halo looks so fucking stupid! How did they not think to integrate the camera into the front of the halo to get a bad ass view from almost the drivers eye level.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
In BSB news, Bradley Ray may look like a complete goofball, but god damn did he clown all over everyone this past weekend.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
He'll get a talking to out of it Id imagine. He's probably going to need to back off his tendency to use other riders as curbs. That starting fiasco was confusing to pretty much everyone there so the ride through seems appropriate enough.