Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
How much opiates do you think Rossi was on to ride with a broken leg?

Hopefully all of them. Rossi is Moto GP. It'll go on without him but no one on the current grid can carry that particular torch. Marquez should be Christ on earth for the talent he's got but it's still not enough.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully all of them. Rossi is Moto GP. It'll go on without him but no one on the current grid can carry that particular torch. Marquez should be Christ on earth for the talent he's got but it's still not enough.

Marquez is seriously impressive. I root for Rossi because he seems like the underdog now (especially this season). But Marquez is almost certainly going to win.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are both right. Rossi is inspiring, but Marquez has the inertia imho.

Side note: I'm playing Dark Souls 3 on Percoset from my wisdom tooth surgery. If Rossi feels as good as I do right now, he'll be UNSTOPPABLE, lol.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always think of Ricciardo as being so young. But he's literally Kvyat's babysitter in comparison. Guess we'll see tomorrow if Gasley can do any better than poor old Daniil.

F1 newcomer Pierre Gasly feels sorry for Daniil Kvyat

daniil-kvyat-ricciardo-2010.jpg
061176cef497b97de42f08fd4d6dfb26.jpg

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems both Lewis and Fernando have MotoGP in their sites. Kinda unrealistic..........? Hopefully it's not the new IndyCar.

1506603742.png

069377c9dcdff77c1b57d38a64629c17.jpg

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The one thing that makes moto gp so impressive is no one else can do it. A moto gp rider could conceivably make the switch to autos if he goes early enough but it can't work the other way around. It's also just a better showcase of talent. The car and bike both play a role in the chance of winning but the bike racers themselves play a bigger role in the outcome than drivers do imo.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
F1 press conference was interesting. Lewis hinting at future good stuff, but no idea what. An ozzy I don't recognize is in for Toro Rosso.

I can't really see a path that would get him into motoGP. A gp bike test probably wouldn't be all that useful. The hondas in particular seem to actively want to kill you.

Maybe he's going to do the space tourism thing :)

Fernando says he won't be at the indy 500 for 2018 but will do it again in the future.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Oops that was a Kiwi not an Ozzy.

Entertaining weekend. F1 had some good excitement in the midfield, and all the motos were good too.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Apparently there was some kind of extra time on the grid for that boxing announcer guy to talk about the drivers? I was watching crappy channel 4 from englund and they cut all that out I guess. Sounds rather annoying, anyone see it?

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently there was some kind of extra time on the grid for that boxing announcer guy to talk about the drivers? I was watching crappy channel 4 from englund and they cut all that out I guess. Sounds rather annoying, anyone see it?

It was excruciating.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Points 2,4, & 5 are great news. Ross Brawn's influence for sure.
Final point baffles me. What is the godamn obsession with fuel conservation? Reeks of that midget Todt's meddling.

1509457488.png

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Poor Daniil... I just realized they actually tossed him out of the entire Red Bull organization all together. Thought it was just temporary F1 leave of absence. He's been excommunicated.

1509303758.png

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
What's the big deal with a V4? Narrower? Otherwise its just added complexity for the valve train, exhaust piping, etc.