Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Crazy good race. And the Mercedes hamilton royal fuckup was joyous to behold.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I missed qualifying at Monza, but apparently they went all Moto3 and tried to dodge around and follow to get a tow? Apparently they all were guilty so nobody got a penalty.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Stoked about this. They needed to change some stuff significantly to upend the absolute dominance of the top teams.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Stoked about this. They needed to change some stuff significantly to upend the absolute dominance of the top teams.

The only thing that's going to stop the top three teams from dominating is a stiff budget cap and 5 year rulebooks. Without that it'll still be Ferrari/MB/RBR soaking up all the podiums.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not F1 by a long shot. But Roger Penske will own the Indy series, Indianopolis 500 speedway and various other assets related to it in about 3 hours.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
175 million cost cap haha. The big teams really gonna agree to that?

That doesn't include drivers pay.

The cap is also still higher than the lower teams standard budget. The back markers have budgets ranging from 100-125 million.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

First lap of the updated Zandvoort circuit. Some parts had to be updated to comply with current regulations but I think it still has a lot of the old school circuit charm left. Also has some new features like a very steeply banked corner (the one opening up into the start/finish straight). The corner is named after Arie Luyendyk (two time Indy 500 winner and probably the most internationally successful Dutch driver before Max Verstappen). The idea is that two cars can go through the corner side by side and be in a good position for overtaking at the end of the straight into the other banked corner at the end. That one was always banked and is usually regarded as the most interesting corner of the track.

The Max Verstappen hype is real, this is the first time this country has had an F1 driver with a real shot at the championship. 2020 will be the first Dutch GP since 1985.

1583424384886.png

1583425257357.png

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Super excited for the season, been watching Drive to Survive season 2.

Going to be interesting what impact Coronachan has on the races. Ross Brawn has said if any teams are prevented from competing at certain races because of quarantines then that race will not count towards the championship and be more of an exhibition/testing weekend.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
After watching both seasons of Formula 1: Drive to Survive and as someone who has only watched a handful of F1 races live I am comfortable saying "Lifelong Verstappen fan checking in".

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just bought tickets to the race in Canada this June after binge watching the Netflix show. Looking forward to it.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Just bought tickets to the race in Canada this June after binge watching the Netflix show. Looking forward to it.

Unless you live local to Montreal I'd start trying to book your hotel/airbnb options now. That's the difficult part, not event tickets.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So what has been going on with motoGP? Are they not racing at all or just racing on tv or what? I am afraid to goog because of the spoilage.