Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone manage to do the daily quest to destroy 4 Industrial Power Transformers? I've destroyed the exact picture it shows and have yet to receive any credit...

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone manage to do the daily quest to destroy 4 Industrial Power Transformers? I've destroyed the exact picture it shows and have yet to receive any credit...

I have 2/4, the transformers I found were glowing (to signify they were for my quest) and they were in a fenced area and pretty large. It was in an industrial zone during one of the "shelter" missions w/ See-Bot etc.

I've destroyed many smaller transformers that don't count :(

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hm I've killed fenced in ones in industrial zones but none glowing. Guess I'll get it whenever then.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think I've usually found mine in large basements, and then inside the building of a large transformer station. I was able to complete that this weekend.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I got in for $30, and so far I'm enjoying it. Can def see where it gets grind as fuck though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My abused wife syndrome in full effect here, guise

Palum Palum wut do?

Buy in while it's still legal to make purchases without government approval in Canada?

It's a fun game, net code and gunplay are solid and the builder part is the best I've ever seen done in a game. I think my only worry would be if you enjoy it enough to play with whoever since it isn't F2P yet. There's also no guarantee this will be a huge thing, given its got the split soft launch vs grand opening thing, may lose some steam.

Overall it's very fun to me right now where most games have been boring lately to me. Biggest issue is there's no level syncing so hard to play with people at wildly different power right now. Hopefully they add something.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Overall it's very fun to me right now where most games have been boring lately to me. Biggest issue is there's no level syncing so hard to play with people at wildly different power right now. Hopefully they add something.

Not sure if this works, but if you unslot your survivors you can de-level a bit, just can't do it with your skill trees obviously.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
We've been over this a dozen fucking times now.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO SPEND A CENT TO PROGRESS, BUILD SHIT, SHOOT SHIT AND HAVE A GREAT TIME DOING IT.

Maybe your not following me. Most pay to play mobile games you don't have to pay a cent to play either...BUT unless you want a hellish grind to progress, pay you will. In reading this thread, I see a lot of mixed opinions, but quite a bit saying this is a grindfest with a terrible monetization model (which for a game you pay 40$+ for at the onset, is quite egregious to say the least).

I really want to like this game and grab it, but really hyate funding a great game mired in shitty grind/mobile monetization tactics.....which it appears many people are confirming.

No one is saying you NEED to spend money, so your point is technically correct, but the game is designed to make it tedious and painful to advance without spending money. At least, thats the impression I am getting from reviews and what people are saying in this thread.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Too lazy to search the thread - but from reading the Fortnite website buying for PC gets PS4 as well it seems? Is this accurate?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Too lazy to search the thread - but from reading the Fortnite website buying for PC gets PS4 as well it seems? Is this accurate?

Yes, you just have to connect your Epic and Playstation accounts.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So, thinking about getting this cause a friend of mine are bored, want to shoot shit and build giant penises. Is it worth getting anything other than the basic option? Can you upgrade it later? Don't really expect much out of the game other than a decent drop in cartoony shooter that lets us laugh and build dumb shit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So, thinking about getting this cause a friend of mine are bored, want to shoot shit and build giant penises. Is it worth getting anything other than the basic option? Can you upgrade it later? Don't really expect much out of the game other than a decent drop in cartoony shooter that lets us laugh and build dumb shit.

Kinda + Yes

Brikker

Trump's Staff
No one is saying you NEED to spend money, so your point is technically correct, but the game is designed to make it tedious and painful to advance without spending money. At least, thats the impression I am getting from reviews and what people are saying in this thread.

This is accurate.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I wanted to post my opinions of this now that I've had a chance to significantly progress into the game.

The core gameplay of Fortnite is very fun and it's the first game in a long time that felt good just generally 'grinding' content (or really playing in the old terms). That said, the core progression/power mechanics are broken right now. Generally, you can grind out exp for the various cards on missions but 1) they reward very little for time commitment and 2) they aren't always available/useful in the categories you want. So this means there is a huge drive to drop cash on random llamas to get stuff you can recycle for exp/mats.

Secondly, and really the more important issue is that you get so few schematics from the core gameplay loop you might as well just say you can only get them from llamas. They simply don't just 'drop', despite the very ARPG style look system that otherwise exists. Even when you get the weapon itself to perhaps drop, they are often low quality and if higher usually have extremely low durability so they don't last long enough. Even if 'less than ideal' you simply cannot play the game on loot drops alone, you will run out of durability on the items. The llamas themselves are very RNG prone and chaotic. Someone else I play with has gotten literally most of the best weapons in game and I got a baseball bat and a spear in the same amount of 'free' llamas/progression stuff. It's one thing to have this in D3 where you can be missing a critical lego but at least you can grind it out - in Fortnite there really is no way to effectively do this without dropping piles of cash.

Long story short, this game is very fun to play but I wouldn't really put a ton into it besides the $60 edition if you really enjoy the survival/minecraft/fps/arpg hybrid idea. That said the devs have stated they are looking into this, so we'll see where that ends up - the problem is that in my mind if there's no IG way to farm schematics then this game will end up in the dustbin for most people. It simply doesn't reward playtime like it should and unfortunately, let's face it, weapons/loot are basically the essential part of an FPS and a very strong (if strangely absent) part of this game.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users