Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've only played a few hours now, but it's been a very enjoyable few hours. I wonder what their long term plans are for this game? The experience gain rate is extremely low compared to the huge number of experience sinks (hero/survivor/defender levels, skills, and research nodes) available.

While I like idea of a game that rewards short but frequent (daily) play sessions, if the gameplay doesn't hold up, no one will care about the rewards.

Yea that is the critical flaw. There's currently no real way to earn significant experience or schematics in general other than spending.

We'll see how the 8/29 patch changes. I'm not expecting anything great, just more bandaid fixes such as the new ticket system for the event weapons. That's all great, whatever, but until you get stuff from playing basic mission the game will continue to be flawed and choke out.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Survive the Storm update is supposed to come out today, hearing it might be delayed due to a bug?
The Survive the Storm has 3 "modes": 3, 7 & 14 days.
A day cycle is ~18mins, meaning the 14 day mode is a 4 hour long survival mission. The 3 day is roughly 1 hour.
So 1, 2 & 4 hour commitments.

Molten Core Raider
Yeesh, I have trouble playing this game for more than two missions in a row, don't see myself making the cut for the four hour survival thing. I haven't really been playing much for the past week or so, only logging in to get my daily llama and spend research points. I was hoping the survival mode would get me motivated again but requiring me to play for hours is a beefy commitment. Rewards had better be awesome.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
was almost done a Day3 of the medium difficulty, game crashed me out, tried to rejoin and said server full, then dumped me at home screen. gg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Patch is OK. Not anything special, they fixed some exp costs to be more reasonable (but they're not really reasonable, they're just plausible now). Still don't get schematics from drops or end of mission chests. These devs just don't get it. RNG only works if you have addictive shit surrounding it like a slot machine or WoW, you can't just fucking make people grind out missions to buy a lottery ticket every 10th one and expect people to stay engaged when they don't get anything useful. There's a limit to caring if something is so unlikely and time consuming. It's like, copy D3. Just copy the D3 loot model. I mean they already basically did as much as possible, why they hold onto the retarded RMAH part who the fuck knows. It will be yet another case study in retarded business decisions. It's like dullards who go 'oh man business is slow, better cut marketing expenses!'

Very frustrating because the core gameplay is fun, but it's just completely and utterly unrewarding.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

14 day mode is just absurd. ain't no one got time for that shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

again, the base mode is pretty fun. An improved SSD, since everyone builds. no build limit bullshit. Build. defend. build. defend.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The Crash thing seems to be very common, which is disheartening. Probably not going to invest time into these now. Sucks they release a "limited time" mode that is so unreliable. If it wasn't 1-4 hr commitments then fine, but you can easily lose all progress for such a huge time commitment. Ugh.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
We did a 3-day, and I crashed before the first night phase started but was able to get back in thankfully.

Really like this mode, it needs to not be temporary, or make the 7-14 hour ones the temp ones with extra rewards.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They finally fixed rewards. Schematics drop now outside of llamas.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Finished a 14-night survival tonight. Was fun, not sure if/when we'll do it again. What we'd really like is to have a 3 night mode that starts at our aggregate level and then gives us progressively harder waves. Biggest challenges were when we had to defend opposite sides, and most fun was when all 4 of us were on one side, but just far apart that we should have set up some jump pads (and usually didn't until it was too late).

Doing a 3-night after this will be a breeze.

Need a photo mode to be able to capture our forts when a mission is complete. Though from this angle it looks more like a blanket fort than anything with overall organization, lol.

The time investment vs reward is way off, but it was a lot of fun.

upload_2017-9-2_1-4-0.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Finished a 14-night survival tonight. Was fun, not sure if/when we'll do it again. What we'd really like is to have a 3 night mode that starts at our aggregate level and then gives us progressively harder waves. Biggest challenges were when we had to defend opposite sides, and most fun was when all 4 of us were on one side, but just far apart that we should have set up some jump pads (and usually didn't until it was too late).

Doing a 3-night after this will be a breeze.

Need a photo mode to be able to capture our forts when a mission is complete. Though from this angle it looks more like a blanket fort than anything with overall organization, lol.

The time investment vs reward is way off, but it was a lot of fun.

View attachment 152742
Nice! I'm assuming that's the easy difficulty? Based on levels..

I only did a 3 night of medium difficulty, got a lot of tickets. Might try to plan a 7 or 14 tomorrow, but tbh I was ready to end after 3 nights... it gets monotonous

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah. They need to tweak things a bit. 3 nights would be a lot more exciting if it was on par with night's 10-14. That was a ton of fun. 1-8 or so was a bit of a slog.

I think they need to incent/allow you to build more generators earlier. Requiring more resources to protect and increasing the rewards or something. Would let you play more challenging 3-day missions too.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 3 day missions are easy because they meant to do it that way. You need so.ething for the piece of shit pugs.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I wish they would allow you to skip daytime or something, there's just a zero percent chance I'm going to get through a 4 hour match. I just don't care enough.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if I'm a sucker or just really enjoy this type of game, but I've been playing a couple hours per day since I got it. I love the intuitive base building UI/world interactions and min maxing stats with the squads and survivor perks. I also have to force myself to not buy vbucks or whatever to get more llamas to fish for ranged damage bonus survivors.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if I'm a sucker or just really enjoy this type of game, but I've been playing a couple hours per day since I got it. I love the intuitive base building UI/world interactions and min maxing stats with the squads and survivor perks. I also have to force myself to not buy vbucks or whatever to get more llamas to fish for ranged damage bonus survivors.

The game is fun, I don't fault you for dumping some money into it. I have come close myself, but have resisted.
I just retooled my Squads and gained 10 levels in 1 day by spending Survivor xp I've been hoarding.
Went from 27 to 37, had over 100K survivor xp.

Still spent $0 since purchasing the box, still only using the Rare Soldier as my main. Still rocking only Epic weapons.

Would be sweet to get a Legendary Soldier & some Legendary Weapons, but I just can't force myself to dump money into a slot machine. No way.

Molten Core Raider
Ive gotten pretty lucky with llamas so far. Im using a legendary Crash ninja at the moment and have one legendary trap and a couple guns. Crash doesnt get Dragon Blade til 3 Star though which sucks cause I kinda got used to it on my other ninja I was using. I dropped 10 bucks on the day that the daily special was guaranteed legendary llamas other than that, nada.

I did a 3 day survival over the weekend, it was fun but the exp for it was garbage. I'd rather be doing stuff to earn skill points than waste an hour or four.

My friends never really took to the game like I had hoped, still sitting on a friend code hoping one will change their mind but it's looking doubtful.