Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Rime

<Donor>
Played a bunch of this and Palum nails it on the head. Eventually, you just hit a 'wall' where it is not possible to advance any longer without paying money to RNG Drops or get stupidly lucky with the slow drip-feed of RNG Drops (Llama) they award you with daily.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Played a bunch of this and Palum nails it on the head. Eventually, you just hit a 'wall' where it is not possible to advance any longer without paying money to RNG Drops or get stupidly lucky with the slow drip-feed of RNG Drops (Llama) they award you with daily.

Not to mention, those dailies are majority from the founders packs themselves... those are going away once founders packs aren't available, you'll have to rely on the 'random' advent calendar daily reward thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Palum pretty much nails it with regards to loot, it's the biggest drawback. Gameplay is fun enough that the $60 version is worth it, just don't get suckered into dumping piles of cash.

One thing I did that kinda screwed me I think is I dumped tons of stuff in my collection book. Basically anything below epic tier but also some epic weapons and schematics I didn't think I'd want.

I didn't bother leveling traps until yesterday, doing plankerton level 3 and Stonewood 9.

Also I just discovered you can upgrade your walls which eats resources like crazy, the expeditions are a great supplement for that..
I have like 4 legendary survivors and that's it. My main hero is the rare ( blue) soldier, have epic builder/ assassin/ outlander and my best weapons are only epics.

I haven't had an issue progressing so far though, but soon as I get a epic or legendary soldier I'm dumping everything into her

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Epic has also been having problems with the loot system in their other game Paragon. Basically all the good skins and stuff have been moved to their loot crate which you need keys for, while the other chests bronze silver gold platinum, earned from their progression 3day/weekly system from playing games to earn stars have become pointless. Since it was mostly giving out reputation which is the currency to buy mastery for characters (allows access to higher level stuff for your character emote, mastery skin, and platinum chests which yes could give you even more rep) and buying cards to create your decks, so basically useful to new players not so much to everyone else sitting on a bank of it.

Suppose to revamp that soon too, but it's what has made me hesitant to try out Fortnight until I see reviews on their loot system.
Guess it's not surprising to hear they're trying too hard to get people to buy the loot chest.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Fortnite has passed 1 million players.

Survival mode coming 8/29.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Fortnite has passed 1 million players.

Survival mode coming 8/29.
Survival mode is something I thought this game was going to be from the beginning. Hopefully it's good. Hopefully resource gathering doesn't cripple you too much. Building Forts can take so many resources.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Yeah when it first was announced I thought it would be like a DayZ type survival game. Something with a persistent world.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I'd like to take an entire city map and play tower defense on it with waves of zombies. Let me construct towers, turrets, etc. Let players design and share challenges.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
This game is entirely about driving players to buy loot chests with RMT. Until they alter that, pass on it.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
^

Got a copy of this for free, played with a group of friends until the middle of the second map and everyone just sort of... lost steam (heh) with the absolute mindless amount of grinding needed to collect rain drops for upgrading items and the end of the 'drip feed' of the loot chests.

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I picked this game up, against my better judgement.

Its a great game, wrapped in a terrible, terrible RMT model. The core game play is actually very good. Art style fantastic. Crafting on the fly is wonderful.

But the grind is designed to pick your pockets. The wall is real, and abrupt. Too bad

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Survive The Storm Arrives

The new survival the storm game mode.. is a limited time event.

fucking unreal.

I don't know if I care yet but I think I'd rather monthly events and game modes than one random addon once to get stale.

Plus if it's a hit I'm sure there will be petitions to keep it.

Of course they could go the opposite way and then not follow it up with anything good while removing a popular game mode, but we'll see I guess.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still playing casually, having fun building out my Plankerton Storm Base, just dumping resources into it everytime I hit 1k/1k/1k. I dont even care how efficient etc, I like the Fort Building aspect, I'm building crap i know won't even matter but it looks cool lol. Also upgrading everything to level 3 which is the real resource hog.

I'm around level 25 now, haven't spent any money other than Box cost, I've done up to level 40 missions where you need to defend 3x Atlas at the same time (build 3 forts etc). It does get more fun but getting there just takes a while, and I certainly do not like the Loot Chest system.

I just got my first Mythic (Survivor) from a chest, also just got my first Legendary Trap (gas ceiling). Still only have Epic heroes and my main Soldier hero is still only Rare. I have an Epic Soldier but need Pure Drops of Rain and I probably don't want to use them on her yet anyway.

I run 1-2 missions a night, setup my offline resource gathering shit, build up my base and then play a different game... Missions usually take 30mins each now because of the constant resource gathering that takes forever.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I stopped at page 1 of the 2nd area because that's where my friends are at. Don't want to get too far ahead. Need to get in that routine of setting up the missions, collecting daily rewards, etc.

Was hoping this would scratch the itch that Rocket League does, but missions take a bit longer for that.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've only played a few hours now, but it's been a very enjoyable few hours. I wonder what their long term plans are for this game? The experience gain rate is extremely low compared to the huge number of experience sinks (hero/survivor/defender levels, skills, and research nodes) available.

While I like idea of a game that rewards short but frequent (daily) play sessions, if the gameplay doesn't hold up, no one will care about the rewards.