Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Ladro

Anomaly
Wouldn't be surprised at all if the celebs were being paid to play.

You know, I was thinking that too. It's definitely driving viewership to the platform and bringing a lot of new people. Damn smart if someone actually planned it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Or maybe they just enjoy it? Paying celebs to play would also count as an advertisement and they would be required to disclose that.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Not sure if that would be true if it was Amazon or Twitch setting it up.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
welp fortnite strip is now a thing

Dal7T1ZU0AAo5Cl.jpg

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sniping on PS4 isn't exactly easy or sexy, but I put together a compilation of some of my best snipes in the past 6 months. Please enjoy!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
If you told me 6-7 months ago that Fortnite would conquer the world, I would have called you crazy. Its simply insane how huge this game has become.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Caught up on the Ninja Vegas event and gotta say it is a really good effort by the organizers. Fun to watch and the 3 heats and keeping it focused on Ninja were all great ideas.

I think the most enjoyable thing about watching FN is the "build offs" . All of a sudden it turns into a puzzle game with fake outs and mind games galore.

But granted, playing FN can be super frustrating if you've not honed this skill ( I haven't )

I'll be looking forward to more competitive FN. Seems like it could be huge. I know we've all doubted competitive BR but I think FN might do it successfully

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the ninja tourney was pretty awesome, it was crazy seeing that 14 year old kid end up winning one of the games he seemed pretty shocked too.

Something big happening in fortnite this week apparently, patch today and people are saying the game is gonna nuke Tilted Towers area or something. For the last day or two the TVs in game have been broadcasting an emergency warning like a nuke is incoming or something

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
The theory has shifted a bit recently. For a long while, it was thought the meteor in the sky was going to crash into Tilted Towers.

That theory came from some bad actors creating false conspiracy theories. After a recent patch, a meteor-like object appeared in the sky and controllers started rumbling randomly throughout the match. Epic later confirmed the vibrations were a bug, but that didn't stop one YouTuber from claiming that the controller vibrations actually translated into Morse Code, which, when deciphered, pointed towards the grid letter and number where Tilted Towers is located. He was later outed as making it all up. But the conspiracy spread fast (Ninja repeated it a few times during different streams) and Tilted became ground zero for the supposed meteor strike.

Epic's clearly made whatever is falling from the sky an integral part of the "story" that's taking place in Battle Royale. Stargazing stations with telescopes have popped up randomly all over the map, the meteor is getting bigger, and recently large shooting stars have started appearing in the sky. Something is clearly going on.

A lot of the talk of Tilted getting whacked is actually projection from players. Tilted is a pretty divisive location in Fortnite. Many players think it has fucked up the general flow of gameplay because such a disproportionate amount of players drop there, causing a very rapid early-game player drop due to quick deaths, and also reducing player interest in the east side of the map. I think Tilted has become the defacto location for a meteor strike because many players just hate it so much.

Nobody really knows what's going on, but based on some of the recent flavor coming from Epic and some theorycrafting from Save The World players, the consensus is shifting away from a destructive meteor and more towards Alien invasion.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Patch launched today, haven't got in there yet. From what I've seen Dusty Depot got hit with the comet but it may not be the last.

TBH I'm somewhat surprised this thread isn't more active on this forum considering the popularity of it (I think we can probably say it's surpassed PUBG in terms of mass appeal). It's mindless fun for me and I'll give Epic credit, they've figured out a way (for now) to keep the game new and engaging with updates.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Patch launched today, haven't got in there yet. From what I've seen Dusty Depot got hit with the comet but it may not be the last.

TBH I'm somewhat surprised this thread isn't more active on this forum considering the popularity of it (I think we can probably say it's surpassed PUBG in terms of mass appeal). It's mindless fun for me and I'll give Epic credit, they've figured out a way (for now) to keep the game new and engaging with updates.
I like to see whats going on with the game and meteors etc, but I'm not really actively playing it to be active here. The BR mode is quite frustrating without practice.

spronk

FPS noob
i really suck at building and i just don't care enough to learn how to get better, its a weird catch 22 especially since its almost as enjoyable just watching pretty much every streamer now just play the game instead.

Its this weird little thing where since every kid love fortnite every streamer plays it and since every streamer plays it, i'll sometimes watch them and i play enough to know when they do something awesome but i don't really care enough to actually play that much because I get my shit pushed in way more often than in something like PUBG.

the whole season/battlepass stuff is also off putting, i've paid $0 for the game and intend to stay that way and the incentives to keep playing the free version are minimal

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea exactly, when Fortnite came out last year I was playing the shit out of the PvE game and played every night and then BR mode was released and I was doing pretty good. I could build decently fast due to all the practice up to that point. I've since taken a LONG break and I'm complete garbage at everything. Gotta play a while to get back both Shooting & Building skills. I play OW in free time cause it's a lot less to manage.

However... I watch tons of Fortnite streams and Zero OW streams.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think the Battlepass is pretty fucking smart and it's only $10.99. Gives you plenty of things to do even if your odds of winning a B/R round are pretty low.

As far as the building portion of the game, it truly does separate out the good from the bad and puts me firmly in the bad column. I've gotten better but no where near being good whereas one of the people I'll randomly play with wins probably more than half his games while admitting he has shitty aim but he can build like a fucking madman.

The port-a-fort is definitely a nice addition to help, hopefully they add more with a similar low drop rate.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love watching Aculite's Fortnite videos. It's like he's not even playing the same game sometimes, the way he builds.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Was watching some Doc yesterday, best duo ever.
Good song choice and some decent plays here lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

For info, it's a weird remix of Smetana's Die Moldau. Best known (at least to me) for being in Tree of Life.