Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Was watching some Doc yesterday, best duo ever.
Good song choice and some decent plays here lol

The drop @1:49:20 to Overwerk's Canon is probably the most hype I've ever been watching someone stream Fortnite. That was amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
looking for some quick Fortnite info, as I don't know much about it. The boy is interested in playing it on PS4. What exactly do I need to buy for him to play? It seems Battle Royale is Free? Is there a base game that requires a purchase in order to use Battle Royale or is everything free. It doesnt seem like the physical CD's or "founders packs" are really anywhere you can buy (amazon, walmart, gamestop etc all out)

apologies if it was covered earlier in this thread, I read through some of the pages but not all of them. Thanks in advance.

ValkyrieIATD

Battle Royale is completely free. You don't need to buy anything. There's a base Fortnite game that's PVE and costs $, but that's probably not what he wants to play.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure the founder's pack only contributes to PVE and might give you a banner or something for BR. Definitely just download Fornite and if you buy anything just buy the battle pass in the Fortnite store, its not needed but the value is good.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I suck so bad at this game lmfao. played for about 1.5 hrs tonight, got 7th first round but only had 1 kill and was a pussy. Hot-dropped for over an hour after that and was getting my shit pushed in most the time. Need to practice more, had 3 kills my final game but came in like 20-30th or so. I just realized my mouse sensitivity was too high, forgot to change it that whole time... realized after loading up some OW after lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
PVE is slowly making a comeback, though it was pretty abandoned for awhile. Devs actually respond to PVE related posts on reddit and make a weekly or bi-weekly update video I think. Only problem is its definitely a grindy game and its pretty rough playing it solo because the playerbase is a wide range of hardcore players to complete afk shitbags, so your typical Overwatch ranked match.

Once you're established in PVE you could probably spend a few hours a week and making a couple hundred V bucks, not a terrible investment especially if you get your fun out of PVE and then just use it to fund the BR battle pass every season.

spronk

FPS noob
looking for some quick Fortnite info, as I don't know much about it. The boy is interested in playing it on PS4. What exactly do I need to buy for him to play? It seems Battle Royale is Free? Is there a base game that requires a purchase in order to use Battle Royale or is everything free. It doesnt seem like the physical CD's or "founders packs" are really anywhere you can buy (amazon, walmart, gamestop etc all out)

apologies if it was covered earlier in this thread, I read through some of the pages but not all of them. Thanks in advance.

its free just grab it on the PSN store and download and he is good to go, will have to create an epic account i think thats about it
Fortnite Battle Royale

Inside the game you can buy a battle (season) pass and also 25 tiers of loot, it basically just unlocks bonus XP, skins, etc but doesn't change the actual game itself. You can dangle the battle pass as a goodie if he does good in school or whatever. The battle pass afaik resets every season (3-6 months?) but you get to keep all the skins you earned/bought, so it really is a very ephemeral purchase since new skins will always be the cool thing to get.

ValkyrieIATD

Also, the Battle Pass costs V-Bucks (in-game currency), but as you level up in the Battle Pass, you earn more V-bucks -- enough to buy the next season's Battle Pass. I only spent money on the first Battle Pass and the V-Bucks I earned allowed me to buy season 3 and season 4.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I tend to like the PvE side of the game although its very grindy. Since the release of BR i feel like it has given life back into the PvE side of the game. They have made some great Quality of Life changes to PvE (Item mats can now stack up to 5k instead of 999, Items stack in the backpack to 200 now instead of 99, sprint no longer cost energy, some graphic improvements, constantly adding new guns/characters to chase after) which makes it more enjoyable. Unfortunately, I finally made it to Canny Valley and they have yet to complete the zone (No voice acting / story) even though they have quests to complete to progress further. The cool thing is they have been doing mini stories/missions with each update or season on the PvE side. Also, the daily missions are a great way to earn V bucks (50 V bucks a day) and sometimes random missions will reward 30 bucks.

With the release of Season 4, I finally made the plunge to fully play Battle Royal (bought the battle pass) and put some effort into it to see what all the hype is about. Its fun and I like the how it gives you different things to chase after. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably play the game with friends and thats about it. Its amazing watching some of these speed builders.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
"The artifact containing all six Infinity Stones — the same one Thanos used to cripple Earth’s Mightiest Heroes on the big screen — will appear on the map. Whomsoever finds and equips it will transform into Thanos himself, wielding all the power that comes with him. "

Should be funny to watch streamers come up against that.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Without knowing what the abilities are it sounds like it should just be an "i win" item. Should be fun regardless for the week it's available.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I still don't get the point of the battlepass.

Whats there to get? Its a progression system that unlocks skins and emotes. You pay like 10 dollars, and can earn the content for free by playing.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Whats there to get? Its a progression system that unlocks skins and emotes. You pay like 10 dollars, and can earn the content for free by playing.
Whelp, that answers it. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything I care about.

I just like farming 999 metal at the start of the game and then building a nightmare maze tower and shotgunning people in the face. Don't need a fancy hat or pickaxe for that sorta fun. ;)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Kinda disappointed it's not a more complex mode to spread the wealth of that kind of partnership around. Something like 50 v 50, team has to amass resources to build a gauntlet and find Infinity Stones, each stone granting some kind of ability. A set of PVE challenges, build up Wakanda or New York to fend off invasions. Build Iron Man's gauntlets or Black Panther's claws, command a Hulkbuster.

Then again, maybe a bunch of that stuff will be what they do in their own inevitable battle royal game.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Low skill floor, high ceiling. Short games. Non-toxic community.

You would think it would be obvious... but kiddie-appealing game style-wise, and you have all the "big" streamers that censor themselves and are almost "kid friendly".. they swear randomly but usually follow up with "sorry for the language" etc.

The young crowd has moved from Minecraft to FortNite. FortNite beat Minecraft in Youtube views last month. First time in like 9 years that Minecraft didnt have most views (for games).