Forza Horizon 5

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I went from "this looks gooood" to "this might be my favorite driving game since Porsche Unleashed" in about 340KPH in my McLaren. This game is amazing. I absolutely love the driving physics and the map and the audio has finally been upgraded. Sounds amazing in 7.1. Maybe it helps that I just got my new Thrustmaster setup with shifter but I'm having so much fun. Mirroring my clunky shifts in a Boss 302 - so great.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crushing all these drivatars!! Come on guys, don’t be so slow! :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

So I’m using Anna, and I say I want accolades. It says ok , here’s a route to the next story challenge but it puts nothing on the map. What did I break?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
meStevo is my gt. If you have any crashing on PC turning off real time scanning in security settings, helped me a bit.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So we can make a car club when you get to the beach. The main story takes you there. Only problem is I can never stay connected to online.

faille

Molten Core Raider
How does this compare to test drive unlimited?
I'm not huge ito car games but that was the last one that sucked me for a prolonged amount of time

Tide27

How does this compare to test drive unlimited?
I'm not huge ito car games but that was the last one that sucked me for a prolonged amount of time
Absolutely blows it away.

I dont even like racing games that much and the Forza Horizon series will always have a home in my gaming library.

spronk

FPS noob

sadly online is still broken, it'll probably be an even bigger clusterfuck when game officially launches

for now i'd play horizon solo mode

Crone

sadly online is still broken, it'll probably be an even bigger clusterfuck when game officially launches

for now i'd play horizon solo mode
Online is broken, but does it matter? All it's doing for me is popping a message every once in a while that it can't connect. Everything else seems to be working just fine?

And like everything else out there from groceries to apparently video games, we're just consuming it ALL!

Vorph

So what did you all use your free car token on? Doesn't seem worth it to buy the most expensive cars and try to sell them, as there's already a ton on the AH and they aren't moving even at ~2M. Plus the 30M car can be gotten from an accolade anyway. Seems better to use it on a car that is useful for races and costs 2M+. I was about to spend mine on the Koenigsegg Jesko (highest top speed in the game and costs 2.8M) but then saw it was the final reward from the V10 story, and that only took me about an hour or so to complete.

So now I don't know... Bugatti Divo maybe?

Crone

spronk spronk How the heck you gaining so many levels so fast? Yesterday right out the gate you were level 25, and now you are level 35? I think that's what the number to the left of your name means?

Vorph

If I was going purely off cars I like I'd buy the Rimac (which is kind of a Bugatti now), but from what I've heard it's even faster than it was in FH4 and just as hard to keep on the road. That's the problem with a lot of hypercars in the game, even tuned well they still can't really compete with other ones that drive well stock and are practically on rails once tuned.

spronk spronk How the heck you gaining so many levels so fast? Yesterday right out the gate you were level 25, and now you are level 35? I think that's what the number to the left of your name means?
Levels are easy, I'm over 60 now (gained about 30-35 yesterday alone) and that's not even particularly high compared to a lot of people. Basically it comes down to winning races and building up huge skill chains while driving. I've hit about 100 of the 250 XP boards too, and I always check the mastery board on new cars I get and buy the XP node if it's right at the beginning. I gained a bunch of levels doing the V10 story missions too while getting my Jesko. You definitely want to do all the story missions anyway, since doing them will give you the bulk of the points you need to get allowed into the Hall of Fame.

If you want to cheese it, there's the usual Eventlab stuff that people make (check the road race on the highway in particular). I did a couple of them but it's basically cheating and mind-numbingly boring even if it does reward you with something like 200k CR, 25-50+ mastery points (from speed skill chains), and 5 levels, in about 15-20 minutes depending on how fast your best car is. Not going to spend my time doing that when I could be doing the story stuff and working on getting into Hall of Fame faster.

Last edited:

Crone

If I was going purely off cars I like I'd buy the Rimac (which is kind of a Bugatti now), but from what I've heard it's even faster than it was in FH4 and just as hard to keep on the road. That's the problem with a lot of hypercars in the game, even tuned well they still can't really compete with other ones that drive well stock and are practically on rails once tuned.

Levels are easy, I'm over 60 now (gained about 30-35 yesterday alone) and that's not even particularly high compared to a lot of people. Basically it comes down to winning races and building up huge skill chains while driving. I've hit about 100 of the 250 XP boards too, and I always check the mastery board on new cars I get and buy the XP node if it's right at the beginning. I gained a bunch of levels doing the V10 story missions too while getting my Jesko. You definitely want to do all the story missions anyway, since doing them will give you the bulk of the points you need to get allowed into the Hall of Fame.

If you want to cheese it, there's the usual Eventlab stuff that people make (check the road race on the highway in particular). I did a couple of them but it's basically cheating and mind-numbingly boring even if it does reward you with something like 200k CR, 25-50+ mastery points (from speed skill chains), and 5 levels, in about 15-20 minutes depending on how fast your best car is. Not going to spend my time doing that when I could be doing the story stuff and working on getting into Hall of Fame faster.
Ohh, that's my problem then. I don't pay attention to any skill chains or seek out experience boards, as I think I've gotten about 6 of them. Lol.

Still not sure why it's blocking Anna from nav'ing me to any Accolades? I hit I want Accolades, and it just is blank even though the voice is telling me it's leading me somewhere? My nav be broken. :(

Vorph

Ohh, that's my problem then. I don't pay attention to any skill chains or seek out experience boards, as I think I've gotten about 6 of them. Lol.

Still not sure why it's blocking Anna from nav'ing me to any Accolades? I hit I want Accolades, and it just is blank even though the voice is telling me it's leading me somewhere? My nav be broken. :(
Skills chains are the key to progression in Horizon games. This time around in particular, since you can turn 55k CR and 5 mastery points into 3k (I think? Console's off at the moment.) XP and a super wheelspin. And if you spend 3 more you also get 10 FP (might be 20 with the 2x house, I'm not sure how you see how much FP you have while the Forzathon shop is unavailable), which imo is worth it because the shop will definitely sell some great cars once it's online. All you do is buy a 2020 GR Supra just like the one you got for free at the start of the game. Go into its mastery and buy XP->the useless 1pt node to the right of it->super wheelspin->FP. The super wheelspin usually pays for the credits, and mastery points are really easy to get, so it's basically free spins once you get the hang of skill chains. Just don't buy the Supra from AH, as there's no way to tell if the seller already bought the wheelspins (99.999% chance that they did).

Another tip for gaining accolades is to open up photo mode at the start of every race and take a picture of all the cars. So much faster than taking individual shots of your own cars, plus it's an easy way to get pics of ones you don't own at all. I believe you need the free house on the east coast in order for it to work though, so make sure you've grabbed that.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah progression doesn't really matter in forza horizon, just play whatever you want and you'll progress. wheel spins will get you tons of credits. i don't even look at any of that stuff. the only thing i'd focus on is getting the weekly forzathon stuff done, its the stuff on the top left in the campaign menu and runs different stuff every week, timed, and gives rewards like wheel spins, cars, etc. Its the only stuff you can "miss" so its the thing I get done first every week.

money and cars and points are really just not focusing on, you'll quickly get to the point where you have too much money and nothing to buy

the house in the bottom left of the map costs 2m and grants the ability to fast travel anywhere on the map, combine that with knocking out 50 fast travel boards and you can fast travel anywhere for free. Thats the first thing I focused on, since its so much faster teleporting everywhere to do stuff.

lighting in the game is crazy, i think in PC rtx is only on in screenshot mode it'll be interesting if they ever enable it in realtime gameplay for PC

GhvY1EF.jpg

Last edited:

Vorph

Checked this in my game and yeah, it's sort of broken. She pins a story mission in accolades, but that doesn't actually set a GPS navigation point. And the one she pins definitely isn't the closest one to you either. Better to just open the map and filter for story missions then set the GPS yourself.

money and cars and points are really just not focusing on, you'll quickly get to the point where you have too much money and nothing to buy
Eventually, sure. But at the beginning it's good to get some top tier cars to make races easier, especially if you aren't lucky with wheelspins. You can get some of them from accolades (most notably the Koenigsegg Jesko), others like the Hoonigan RS200 are relatively cheap at Autoshow, and there's free ones like the Bronco you start with. As far as spending money goes, I'd strongly recommend saving up all your credits after buying the 2M house and then get a Lamboghini Sesto Elemento FE from the auction house. You'll almost certainly have to buy it out since it won't often be listed so soon after release, and it'll cost you about 3.7M. Totally worth it though, especially after applying Don Joewon Song's tune.