Forza Horizon 5

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The hot hatch championship was weirdly easy. Thought it was maybe because it was fixed to highly skilled so one notch down what I was running in similar class/races. Then thought maybe just because Ford Focus is strong in that class. Sometimes in wet conditions the AI seems to go too slow; I was passing on corners without braking at times as they were riding brakes. I dunno, still seemed too easy, though.

Haven't tried arcade stuff, sounds great though!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've been playing on expert (I believe) and it definitely comes down to the tune and the car itself. Some of the difficulty stuff just seems cheap af, as in certain events 2-3 cars just obliterate the start and make it almost impossible to catch. Then if I drop difficulty I just destroy the race no matter what car I use so seems like some things need a bit of tuning on their side.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having lots of fun so far and this thread is helping with tips etc. The Forza Horizon series really is Burnout Paradise City on steroids and that game is GOAT level to me in terms of arcade racers. The amount of cars is almost overwhelming but in a good way. What do you guys think of the map so far? For me its ok (lot's of desert) but granted haven't explored a ton yet. I really liked Forza 4 map.

GT is Deathbishop if anyone wants to add.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Does PlayStation even have anything comparable to Forza Horizon?

Burnout would be the closest. Most recent release was Burnout Paradise Remastered. Burnout Paradise was fun, never played the remaster. Paradise is old though, no clue what they added to the remastered version but Paradise originally came out in 2008

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Apparently up to 6mm users, holy shit.

Good for them, hope the success continues to fuel their development of the series into even better games in the future.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Stupid AH is laggy. Saw a Sesto for 3m buyout and couldn't press the buttons fast enough to snag it.
Then had a wheel spin that missed it by 1 step.
Ended up just buying one for shade under 6m and now got the money back already.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stupid AH is laggy. Saw a Sesto for 3m buyout and couldn't press the buttons fast enough to snag it.
It's not so much lag as just a ton of other people going in and out of their searches over and over. It took me literally about 25 attempts to buy a Toyota Trueno, hitting B-A-A until one finally appears then spamming Y and then buyout only to get the bid failed message every time. Same thing happens with <4M Sesto FEs and the Veloster N (before it became free for everyone today).

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So this season championship (the hot hatch one anyway) seemed way easier than the last one. I normally play on average, so 2 settings below, and I don't think I'm particularly good at this game (or racing games in general).

Won the first track by almost 5 seconds, the second was kind of tougher and only .5 sec, and the last by 3 seconds. Pretty much smoked the first one and assumed the difficulty was fucked up.

Edit: Okay, nevermind. Did the Modern Sport one and got obliterated. Maybe it's down to car choice and tune (although my tune seemed good for rally, but I used a Lotus). Lost the first track by thirteen seconds.

If you're still having issues with the Modern Sport championship, try using an Audi TT. I was having the same issue, and that car made it significantly easier.

• 1Like

Vorph

Seasonal stuff is still buggy as shit. I did the runway jump like 5 times this morning on Series X and even though I was several hundred feet further than necessary it said I was 1' short every time. Tried it again just now on Series S and it gave me credit on the first try. Then I did the Modern Sports Car championship and won it, but just like last week it didn't give me credit. That shit was actually somewhat challenging and kind of long too, so I'm really not looking forward to running it 4+ times before finally getting it to work like last week.

(For those having problems, I used the Lotus Exige S. (Edit: Tune called "EZ Seasonal" because I was lazy) Could only get second place on the scramble due to a BRZ drivatar (fucking Janx Janx !) that had the acceleration and top speed of at least an S1, if not more like mid-S2. The sprint races are both easy by comparison; get out in front early on and the AI will never catch up because it is bad at cornering on dirt.)

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Seasonal stuff is still buggy as shit. I did the runway jump like 5 times this morning on Series X and even though I was several hundred feet further than necessary it said I was 1' short every time. Tried it again just now on Series S and it gave me credit on the first try. Then I did the Modern Sports Car championship and won it, but just like last week it didn't give me credit. That shit was actually somewhat challenging and kind of long too, so I'm really not looking forward to running it 4+ times before finally getting it to work like last week.

(For those having problems, I used the Lotus Exige S. Could only get second place on the scramble due to a BRZ drivatar (fucking Janx Janx !) that had the acceleration and top speed of at least an S1, if not more like mid-S2. The sprint races are both easy by comparison; get out in front early on and the AI will never catch up because it is bad at cornering on dirt.)
Man I did that runway jump this morning in a shit car just cause I was heading that way (think it was a Dodge Dart) and saw Ut fucking blasted my score. Think I had 1500ish feet off the plane and Utnayan Utnayan was at 1800. FML.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

(For those having problems, I used the Lotus Exige S. (Edit: Tune called "EZ Seasonal" because I was lazy) Could only get second place on the scramble due to a BRZ drivatar (fucking Janx Janx !) that had the acceleration and top speed of at least an S1, if not more like mid-S2. The sprint races are both easy by comparison; get out in front early on and the AI will never catch up because it is bad at cornering on dirt.)
Yeah, you dickbags have some fast drivatar cars. Maybe joining the club was a bad idea!

The Lotus Exige is what I used on the one I lost by 13 seconds.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, you dickbags have some fast drivatar cars. Maybe joining the club was a bad idea!

The Lotus Exige is what I used on the one I lost by 13 seconds.
Think its mostly just teh AI cheating. I found loading a tune with a fast launch helped a ton because with the default tune it seemed like every other car just took off and I had to catch up/pass during the race. Don't even think its really our drivatars in most races it just throws names on for familiarity. I was racing against a bunch of people from my xbox friends list that havent even played an xbox in years.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My girlfriend has a drivatar... She hasn't played an actual Xbox game in probably a year, much less FH5 on the One S that she uses as a DVD player. And it was a male drivatars. So, yeah, it's just using random names from friends lists hah.

Fast launch is crucial. Some autists theorized that if a drivatar gets beyond a certain point their physics don't operate/render making them faster because they aren't slowed by obstacles like fences and stuff or subject to conditions.

Was compelling, though couldn't be proven, but makes sense. I notice a lot of I'm stuck in traffic the lead car is way ahead, but if I stay close on launch that lead car never takes a huge lead nor stays a close second if I extend a lead.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I just lit up club feed with some embarrassment for Janx Janx and Crone Crone Haha Jesus. Drive faster if you want to take on the master!

• 1Double Worf

Vorph

AI can't pass for shit either, that's the other main reason to get ahead early.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yeah is funny AI comes to pass and if you cut them off even slightly they'll slam on the brakes, sometimes causing an accident.

Then again sometimes side by side they just ram the shit out of you to get ahead. Quite realistic like real players.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then had a wheel spin that missed it by 1 step.
Ended up just buying one for shade under 6m and now got the money back already.
Yeah, I really don't want to do the Willy thing, but I feel like I have no choice if I want a Sesto.

Basically, everyone else is cheating, so if I don't, I just don't get one. Kinda sucks.