Foundation

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I mean they've thrown the book out the window at this point. Out the window, into a tree-shredder, while on fire.

However I am digging the whole story and it does have an essence of the source so I'm still very much on board.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
well at least season 1 is over

all the Empire stuff - 10/10, fantastic, Brother Day talking without emotion to gardener chick was cool as fuuuuuck. Demezerel, while an incredibly silly character, is also still pretty cool even with the laughable "ITS TIME FOR FACEOFF" moment. I'm pretty sure she's part of Foundation's plans.

everything else is so wretchedly bad, and this episode might have been the worst. Most of the time if I'm watching a movie or scifi i don't do anything else, but I just couldn't keep watching the last 30 mins. It was excruciatingly bad.

I'm out for season 2, if everyone says its great i'll watch but no way I'm watching week to week. Show sucks and should never have been made.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'll come back and watch but only for the empire stuff. Everything else is garbage and if/when they phase out empire stuff i'm done.

• 2Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah same. Everything but the Empire story is like a campy 90's sci-fi show. Bad writing, editing, etc. just a mess.

Shame because show looks great and has some decent actors. They just needed someone with veto power in the writers rooms to say "sorry that idea is fucking stupid". 😑

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck was Gaal's plan there anyway ? "OH NOES IT ALL SANK INTO THE WATER WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS?!"

"Oh right, I predicted this. I guess I probably should have seen that coming."

• 1Solidarity

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
This show was ultimately quite boring.. A little disappointing, although I never expected too much given how hard I believe it is to translate this novel series onto the screen.

Goatface

I enjoyed it overall. A lot of dumb stuff, but I liked many of the ideas and designs.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Empire and any time Hari was on screen made the watch worth it. The Salvor casting is unforgivable. I can get around the bad writing and syfy level action, but her “acting” is just so bad.

• 2Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of the many things I struggled with in this show was the unforgiveable ignoring of scale.

Like the cloaked gun that can shoot anything that approaches the huge round planet because that makes sense.

Or Gaal landing on an entire planet covered by water and just fucking rowing to where she needed to be.

Urgh!

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I had higher hopes for this show given the premise, and it didn't exactly deliver, but god damn the empire scenes almost make it worth watching by themselves. Lee Pace really carries the show and his final scene this season was just great.

Or Gaal landing on an entire planet covered by water and just fucking rowing to where she needed to be.
I mean... You have to assume that a pod capable of auto pilot and keeping someone alive for 100+ years would also be capable of landing at very specific coordinates that Gaal would obviously have memorized. Even if we didn't specifically witness her inputting them.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You can't be racist to white people.

Also, no such thing as being violent to white people. Violence requires privilege and power. Since only whites have it, only they can be violent

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This show is garbage, because it's mostly written by women.

Problem is, Jarred Harris and Lee Pace are fucking phenomenal actors and salvaging something that would otherwise be relegated to the dumpster. That and the cinematography is pretty stellar as well. I'll probably watch a season 2, simply for those reasons.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Finally got around to finishing the last few episodes today. Really wanted them to expand on some stuff and show off the capabilities of the ship thats "the most powerful ship of the empire" or whatever, so I was disappointed that they never did anything with it. Shows "watchable" in my book, but probably only because I like space science fiction. But this show never seemed to do anything interesting that I would talk to my friends about.

• 1Like

Araxen

Love the Empire stuff, but the other stuff is just meh to ok. I wish the show could only be about the Empire stuff. They are really nailing that stuff. Love the actor that plays Brother Day. He's phenomenal in the role. I'll watch Season 2 just because of that and the eye candy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Lee Pace is good at that style of character. I didn't really care for Halt and Catch Fire but he played that part well in that show too.

Goatface

anyone know if they said how far and long it would take to get from Trantor to Terminus in the books?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
anyone know if they said how far and long it would take to get from Trantor to Terminus in the books?
I don't think it was mentioned, just that it took 50 years to set up the Foundation before the 1st crisis arose.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I think it was implied in later books the rate of travel differed greatly.

That pimp ship hopped across the Galaxy in days? I think they said it could take weeks or months.

But that was later on the series