Foundation

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, to be fair, the Gaal parts were awful as well. Goes into stasis a rational teen-genius comes out of stasis and she's a total Michael Burnham emotional wreck complete with continual weeping and emo wrist-cutting.

The writers have seemingly zero attachment to the characters and just make them behave however best fits with the story. Not like we haven't seen this on a bunch of other shows though.

Harvest

Lord Nagafen Raider
Struggled with that last episode. After just about coping with the show up until now. Maybe it was the lack of Empire this time.

I always imagined ginormous old Empire ships that terrified the "barbarians" and their janky tech. Ships of the line so big and awe inspiring the outer rims were instantly intimidated. Didn't get that with the rubbish little ship.

It would give been great go have these visuals paired up with an almost unstoppable ebb and flow of people and societies reacting naturally to predicted external pressures. The focus on individuals, and uninteresting, unpredictable individuals at that, isn't what this should be about. A random 1v1 fight shouldn't alter the course of the Foundation.

Other quick peeves: head Councillor guy on the ship doing the interrogation, execution and funeral elegy. Right. And the fight. Hundreds of soldiers firing and hitting noone, then fighting hand to hand with the weird Australian guy, amateur hour.

Still hoping something can be salvaged but confidence took a blow this week

Goatface

Well, to be fair, the Gaal parts were awful as well. Goes into stasis a rational teen-genius comes out of stasis and she's a total Michael Burnham emotional wreck complete with continual weeping and emo wrist-cutting.

her world got pretty messed up before going into stasis.

==

the planet stuff is just terrible. the attack plan was pretty good, but fell hard off a cliff after that.

Goatface

spoiler over the ship at the end

what was the ship filled with that would cause 90% of it to explode
vlcsnap-2021-10-16-08h15m58s152.png

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Couldnt make it past ep 2, this thread is saving me from enduring any more of it. Thanks for taking one for the team

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this episode for their accurate depiction of what a planet full of dingers would look like - they've ravaged the planet's resources and kill anyone who seeks knowledge.

Very accurate. No Empire sucked, but Dinger World was S tier keke.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
This is smash the patriarchy and kill whitey in space. Disappointing. All the 'good' guys are poc and all the 'evil' are white/hispanic.

foundation-photo-010102-promo_jpg.png

foundation-apple-scifi-series-735x400.jpg
Foundation_Photo_010104.jpeg.png
Screen-Shot-2021-07-21-at-2.31.17-PM.png

I'd like to think it gets better, but I doubt it will.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This is so fucking boring. I hate all the characters except Hari who has had like 5 minutes screen time so far.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i just started watching twitch after 30 mins, this show is boring af and the actors are all really bad. only 4 more episodes so i guess i'll finish the season but every episode is worse than the last one.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I know I'm beating a dead horse and/or preaching to the choir, but also so sick of every character being black or a woman or both. God damn it can us white nerdy males have a show we can call our own? Black people don't watch this shit. They watch BET. If I watched BET I wouldn't be complaining why is everyone black.

• 2Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Since it seems they are doing one season per Seldin Crisis this could take a long ass time to resolve.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Since it seems they are doing one season per Seldin Crisis this could take a long ass time to resolve.

I will be surprised (very) if this show is not conceled before s2 ends..if it makes it that far. Nearly all people I know and seen talk about this show hates it, and if they were a book reader they especially hate it. This show is an atrocity.

• 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still watching this despite it's many flaws. The show is really beautiful, and some the high level ideas/concepts are still interesting, but damn the implementation of it is pretty bad, casting is bad with a lot of terrible performance.

I'm hoping to finish this season because I started and watched this much...but I doubt I watch a season 2.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This was the first episode that I felt like I was watching a really average show on SyFy, not a multi-million dollar production. Empire continues to remain the most interesting piece of the show and the CGI for this is possibly some of the best I've seen for a TV series, but I also doubt I'll watch a S2.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
new episode and no bump

incase anyone was wondering this episode was dogshit as well - I keep watching for the same reason I look at car wrecks

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
episode was better than the past few, mostly because Hari Seldon is back. I like the stuff with him and Gaal, although it doesn't really make a lot of sense (why not stick to the original plan, Raych... it woulda still worked?) . Its SUPER annoying that Hari Seldon keeps singling out individual people as super important to the plan, which is anti-thetical to the entire point of psychohistory and the book.

still, Salvor Hardin brings the story down to a screeching halt every time she is on screen. Was everyone just afraid of her on set, so the director couldn't say "hey, quick note, can you try ACTING instead of just reading your lines in a wooden, stilted fashion? You know you're an ACTOR and this isn't a reality show, right?" Writing wise its also bizarre the 2 important people on the Invictus hostage team not realizing they could stop "the plan" dead in its tracks by literally suiciding one of the killer traps they keep encounter.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Limiting so much of your casting pool to black or black female (minorities) also limits the quality/skill of acting. It's been getting really annoying. Part of the reason I've been watching/rewatching older shows.

• 2Solidarity

Goatface

think gaal is ok, her and ai hari adventures could be good. salvor is shit. hope brother day dies doing the walk, they wake up the replacement and he nukes them all.