Foundation

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
This episode was way better, but it feels like the pacing is off. Maybe its because they're trying to tell 4 different stories at once right now, but each one feels a little watered down because they are all given around the same amount of screen time - so it feels like each story just inches forward or just lacks in depth.

I love the world building and the art, that plus Lee Pace/Jared Harris are keeping me interested in the show

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Tonight's episode I thought was fantastic but Gaal's storyline continues to be, like... Why?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
gaal needs new writers, hardin needs to be replaced by someone who can even halfway act... and new writers

that fixes 70-80% of the problems this series has

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
1pg7ms8isgx71.jpg

enjoyed this one, but Hardin was barely in it. If they ever remake Tarzan, well, Lee Pace is built for the role

all the Invictus stuff is annoying as hell but man it looks cool, very mass effect-y especially that last jump. Exo, huh? Cool... now Foundation has aliens?

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DS9 was fantastic don't you fucking shame it via analogy!

Honestly I really enjoy everything empire of this show. I would absolutely love a prequel based on Cleon and/or some early clones of his conquering the shit out of the galaxy. Fuck yes. Planet destruction and intrigue and wide shots of trantor shit. Bring it on.

Gaal is a terrible character and I might even go so far as to say the worst. It's not the actress; she has an impossible part with absolutely atrocious writing behind it. What really gets me about the whole thing is that these black women that are supposed to be saving the galaxy and shit basically just have magical powers instead of like, you know, math and combat skills. Nope. Luck. Figures I guess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what you guys expect? If you read the credits, pretty much EVERY episode is written by a female, directed by a female.

Must be the token white dude on staff who is writing Empire's parts. Although, it's really just Day. Dawn and Dusk are bleh, especially Dawn's little faggy "I'm not like the other boys!!!" romance.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know what you guys expect? If you read the credits, pretty much EVERY episode is written by a female, directed by a female.

Must be the token white dude on staff who is writing Empire's parts. Although, it's really just Day. Dawn and Dusk are bleh, especially Dawn's little faggy "I'm not like the other boys!!!" romance.

He'll probably get an edge to him once Dusk tells his spy to kill her.

Could always hope for him to go and kill all the other Cleon stand-ins.

spronk

FPS noob
he'll transition to the first female Emperor and the Empire will instantly collapse

wait no he'll see Salvor Hardin ride in on Invictus and declare YASSSSS QUEEEN and crown her God Emperor which will spin off her own show, Warhammer 40K With Black Chicks

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Tonight's episode I thought was fantastic but Gaal's storyline continues to be, like... Why?

It's hard to really enjoy watching the Trainwreck without details...

I'm not going to waste MY TIME watching this, but since you like getting punched in the dick... Details for those of us with lives and standards

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's hard to really enjoy watching the Trainwreck without details...

I'm not going to waste MY TIME watching this, but since you like getting punched in the dick... Details for those of us with lives and standards

So...

Took 3 episodes for her to be rescued from an escape pod that slapped her in suspended animation so she's 35 years older or whatever and looks the same. Anyway, she's rescued by a ship heading somewhere, which turns out to be the homeworld of Hari Seldon, as explained by the computer algorithm that is Hari Seldon's saved consciousness or something, but talks just like him and exhibits no obvious signs of being a program, unlike the ship that initially rescued her that was so ball-achingly stupid and literal. Anyway, after 3 episodes we learn Hari wants to set up a second Foundation on his homeworld (in secret) but even the revelation of that is insufficient to stop Gaal whining like a spoiled child that she wants to leeeeave! So, she wrecks the ship some so she'll die unless Hari program releases her, which it does, she climbs in to an escape pod and sets her homeworld, which she spent most of the series getting away from, as the destination and settles down for a 130+ year journey. Which means all her family will be dead when she returns home and her planet will probably have been submerged under water.

Something like that anyway.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
But it keeps her around for the next Seldin crisis...

Also Lee Pace is surprisingly jacked. What the hell does the pie maker do??

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I mean, what if...

She's the reason the collapse lasts as long as it does, and the only way to mitigate its damage is to have her in hibernation for 100 years?

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, what if...

She's the reason the collapse lasts as long as it does, and the only way to mitigate its damage is to have her in hibernation for 100 years?

Or maybe she just likes George R. R. Martin and is waiting for his next novel.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
an even crazier idea is (book spoiler)
what if she is the mule
but some voiceover in episode 1 I think eliminates that idea, but I could totally see these shitty writers trying to do that.

The galactic collapse, from episode 1, is supposed to last 30,000 years from his math but Hari Seldon said his foundation could shrink that to 1000 years.