Foundation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It has been famously unfilmable for decades. This is probably the best shot it has of it actually working.

spronk

FPS noob
it looks more like mass effect than foundation lol but i'll watch, looks pretty high budget

the showrunner has said the show could run for 8 seasons, but i doubt it has any shot at going on that long

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Goddamn that cast looks good. I think I've already mentioned here that this is sort of like a prequel to the books; or maybe it is more like filling in the pages that Asimov left blank. He only ever wrote in passing about the Empire and it's destruction since his books were about the Foundation and the incredibly long lengths of time in between the fall of various empires and the people that would be necessary for the continued rise of humanity.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Production value eels very high and the aesthetic look great.

i will definitely give this a chance.

Oldbased

> Than U
Saving my free trial for this. They ever give a release date?
We've had a large gap of good scifis once all the Stargate/BSG stuff ended a dozen years back.

Oldbased

> Than U
You do have a point although I would consider Expanse a different form of Sci Fi from what this should be, For all Mankind, Stargate, BSG, Babylon5 and so on.
I keep out Star Trek and Star Wars for the same purpose.

Speaking of which, is For all Mankind S1+2 worth it? If so I may hit up both on Apple+

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
For All Mankind is 10/10, if you liked TNG/Stargate/Babylon 5/etc its fantastic. Ted Lasso and Long Way Up (Ewan McGregor and his brother riding motorcycles around South America) and Mythic Quest are also great, more than enough to get you to Foundation.

Foundation will begin airing Sept 24 2021 I believe, 10 episodes 1 per week

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You do have a point although I would consider Expanse a different form of Sci Fi from what this should be, For all Mankind, Stargate, BSG, Babylon5 and so on.
I keep out Star Trek and Star Wars for the same purpose.

Speaking of which, is For all Mankind S1+2 worth it? If so I may hit up both on Apple+

I watched the first two episodes of For All Mankind and found it uninteresting. It was just close enough to history to be annoying. Also, don't much care for Joel Kinnaman, so that didn't help (I liked season 1 of Altered Carbon in spite of him).

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The further you get from the point where the timeline splits the more extreme the differences become. By Midway through season 2 you start wishing this was the real history.

• 1Like

Burns

The further you get from the point where the timeline splits the more extreme the differences become. By Midway through season 2 you start wishing this was the real history.

Maybe I will give it another shot after I get done with Clarkson's Farm. It has great ratings and I usually love space shows, so I want to like it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Boy, that trailer sure looked pretty. Maybe it will be decent... Although I'm sure it will be woke as is the status quo.

Daidraco

its Apple TV, they will only show family friendly stuff that is aspirational - no titties, minimal violence/racism/sexism/etc.
"See" was a far out show that Apple did and it didnt adhere to what you're saying.

I didnt know about this show, but I know the books. Hoping for good things to come out of this. Get some very light vibes of several different series just by the visuals.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched the first two episodes of For All Mankind and found it uninteresting. It was just close enough to history to be annoying. Also, don't much care for Joel Kinnaman, so that didn't help (I liked season 1 of Altered Carbon in spite of him).

It's a spronk spronk rating, For All Mankind is 7/10.

Perfectly watchable in the absence of anything else

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I never read the books so I have no idea how accurate this is, but damn it looks amazing and I’m seriously excited to watch this.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I never read the books so I have no idea how accurate this is, but damn it looks amazing and I’m seriously excited to watch this.

Well the books were not action novels so even if they keep the core premise intact it is going to focus on things that the books never went into detail about.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
My understanding is this is a prequel. If they actually followed the books they would need a large cast and there would be no main protagonist per se except in spirit (book readers know what I mean). Its largely why the series has been thought to be unfilmable. You need a director and writer who can craft a world and dialogue that transcends any one actor to overcome the conventional character arc being missing (the arc is around Foundation itself, not any one particular character)

• 1Like