Frozen 2 (2019)

Siliconemelons

Ehh actually seems like they put together a story and a plot.

I will do this one as it blends in some high fantasy...and...while I did not like Frozen 1...seems...good? but Disney has been pumping out CRAP lately so, a poop with a nice corn nub in it is better eats than just poop.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I bought 3 tickets for this for the first showing, opening night (Thursday the 21st). My son is under 3, so he gets in for free, but my Wife & Daughter should enjoy it. And now that Disney+ is live, we can catch up on all the old Frozen stuff before the new movie comes out.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I bought 3 tickets for this for the first showing, opening night (Thursday the 21st). My son is under 3, so he gets in for free, but my Wife & Daughter should enjoy it. And now that Disney+ is live, we can catch up on all the old Frozen stuff before the new movie comes out.
Working at the pre-premiere on the 11th dec. Worst dad ever, amirite? See if we can get tickets around xmas too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just saw it
its not as good as the first one, but both are pretty nonsensical to anyone but little girls probably. lots and lots of songs that surprisingly sound very much like 80s pop tunes, so much so you could even name some of the artists they are paying homage to. Peter Cetera and Pat Benatar for example. the CGI animation is off the charts good, even for the shitty as shit cam copy i watched. i guess the big song will be "show yourself" and the harvest song in the beginning. that menzel chick sings like an angel. at some point they fucking kill Elsa and Olaf and it gets sad for a while, but then of course her sister saves the day and everyone is just fine again. nobody dies for good. well cept the parents who died trying to find out where Elsa got her powers from. we also find out their grandfather was a shitlord maga hat wearer who wants to kill the magical natives cuz he is a magic bigot. pretty funny.
overall meh, great CGI top of the line no expense spared quality. lots of music, some good, mostly lame. little girls will want a water horsey and fire salamander. parents start saving up now.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just returned from seeing it. I enjoyed it for what it was. Still a kids movie, but solid story. Olaf is the comedy. I loved the recap of the first movie. Every song in this movie sucked except for the Elsa solo of Show Yourself. The music was a hippies wet dream.
Also, there was a Krystof solo, that looked like a cheesy solo male music video. It was so douche chilling. I kept waiting for it to become a joke but it didn't. Unless the fact that it happened at all was the joke.

The animation was off the charts. We talked about the water in this thread, and it's better than we thought. Also the landscapes, especially the forest. Stunning.

There is an after credits scene, all the way at the very end of the credits.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's the first movie the kids sat through so that's a success. And of course they enjoyed it because why not?

It's definitely not as good as the first. The visuals are great and i do like the high fantasy elements.

The biggest problem I had was it seemed to lack an antagonist, making it feel incoherent / not cohesive.

The songs aren't as memorable either, but I can't fault that since the first was like catching lightning in a bottle.

It felt more like an MMO quest tbh.

I liked the new spirit creatures. Maybe if they do a 3rd they'll utilize the spirits again.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got back from it. I thought the story was much better paced and plotted out than the first, but the music was markedly worse. The textures of every thing from the forests to the buildings and the physics of the water effects and trees were at photo realism levels. Bawled like a baby during Olaf's scene. He strikes me as a child and I just get daddy strings that are easy to pull. Definitely worth the money for admission. The onslaught of merchandise that is to come? Probably not but my daughter is past that phase outside of a t shirt or two thank Christ.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It should do well in merchandising. Water pony, elsa and her sister's new look. A fire lizard. Kids gonna want ice queen elsa riding her aqua stallion.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It should do well in merchandising. Water pony, elsa and her sister's new look. A fire lizard. Kids gonna want ice queen elsa riding her aqua stallion.
Dude, my daughter was elsa from frozen II for Halloween, who is different than Elsa from frozen apparantly. They have had stuff out for a month+ already.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah she looks a bit different, she went up north and went full white wizard.
from this
rs_634x1024-180228112629-634-elsa-frozen.jpg

to this
rc0oed0hwhs31.jpg

Last edited:

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Saw this today, I found it fucking awful. They recapped Frozen 1 at least 3 times? Not one memorable song. Plot was shit. Else .. rides a water horse to another island, somehow freezes to death there, then Anna opens up a dam and that somehow returns Elsa to life, but now she's the snow spirit??? I just thought it was pure shit.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
can you guys name one memorable song BESIDES let it go from the first one? thankfully my girls only liked frozen enough to watch it regularly for like a week and a half then they got bored with it and moved on. they still like the IDEA of elsa and anna, but that's about it

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
can you guys name one memorable song BESIDES let it go from the first one? thankfully my girls only liked frozen enough to watch it regularly for like a week and a half then they got bored with it and moved on. they still like the IDEA of elsa and anna, but that's about it

Do you want to build a snow man
For the first time in forever

but I've had to see the damn movie like 100 times haha.

We went to Frozen 2 this afternoon, local place had girls dressed up like disney so you goto movie first, then go eat after and elsa/anna were there. The sexiest little blonde jesus freak playing elsa. Trying to figure out how to convert that.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Olaf's song about summer was hysterical. Kristoff's "im sexually attracted to reindeer" song wasn't bad either.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
fair enough. though i stand by my assessment that frozen wasn't really all that great of a movie.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I just felt that ... Frozen 1 was SO FUCKING HUGE. It's almost a decade old, and every store is still full of merchandise, every kid is still Elsa / Anna for Halloween, etc. It's just insane intellectual property. I would have thought they would have blown it out of the park with Frozen 2.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
fair enough. though i stand by my assessment that frozen wasn't really all that great of a movie.

Oh, I think we all agree with you! It had memorable songs, but the movie can suck on my dick. But at least it had a coherent, linear, logical plot. And it had the one scene with sexy Elsa haha.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Frozen was a mediocre to ok movie propped up by how epic Idina Menzel was

• 1Like