Fuck Comcast

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuck Comcast!
XeaS0OS.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone know how much Comcast charges to do a "full install" on a house? We just bought a house and I notice the house isn't wired for cable (it was a rehab). There are holes in the floor where I assume cable used to be, but now there is nothing. I assume it will cost "Rape you in the ass" dollars, but just want to check.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Do that shit yourself! I have no idea what they will charge. I think they charge "per outlet".

joz123

Potato del Grande
Anyone know how much Comcast charges to do a "full install" on a house? We just bought a house and I notice the house isn't wired for cable (it was a rehab). There are holes in the floor where I assume cable used to be, but now there is nothing. I assume it will cost "Rape you in the ass" dollars, but just want to check.
I have a friend who needed the same thing and it cost him 3k for 2 bedrooms and a living room.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So I set up couchpotato for my parents with plex and chromecast. My parents are trying to download the internet now.
rrr_img_63647.jpg

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Okay, that's better. In my house Netflix is the main culprit. Fuckers in my house will marathon through several multi season series a week (and rewatch them a month or two later). I tried to get them into coutchpotato/Sickbeard but apparently that was too hard or something.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
That was the month I tried getting them off cable. Instead they just started streaming every god damn thing Netflix had to offer rather than download it from Sickbeard. The next month they picked cable back up, and still stream a crap ton from Netflix. It's a good thing Cox doesn't charge overages (yet).

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
Does anyone have just internet from Comcast. I'm currently on a tv/internet package and called to just get Internet but they gave me the runaround saying internet+phone would be the cheapest option and would increase in 6 months. I'm trying to get some numbers for the next time I call. Internet only (Price and speed). Thanks.

crimsonsin_sl

shitlord
Do that shit yourself! I have no idea what they will charge. I think they charge "per outlet".
If you have no idea how to cut F connectors and route wires youre going to spend more money on them fixing it then you installing it. Don't be fucking cheap with the coax you buy and watch at least a couple of scte videos on f connector creation before you start.

Source: 9 year cable tech.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Does anyone have just internet from Comcast. I'm currently on a tv/internet package and called to just get Internet but they gave me the runaround saying internet+phone would be the cheapest option and would increase in 6 months. I'm trying to get some numbers for the next time I call. Internet only (Price and speed). Thanks.
I do. Just cancel your service and sign up under your wife's name. Tell them you just moved in and you need service. 1 year promo price here for 50mbs is 29.99. Goes up to around 60 with tax after promo period.

If you want to keep the promo rate you can keep swapping account names every year. If you own the modem it takes about 10 minutes to get them to update the mac address and have service turned on.

Should you want TV but don't want to pay as much for it but not outright steal it you can look into someone with Directv and familiarize yourself with account stacking.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If you have no idea how to cut F connectors and route wires youre going to spend more money on them fixing it then you installing it. Don't be fucking cheap with the coax you buy and watch at least a couple of scte videos on f connector creation before you start.

Absolutely. "Do it right" goes without saying, but with the resources with have these days(ie: the internets), I always look at doing stuff myself before even thinking about paying someone to do it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm about to dump AT&T. I've had internet with them about 4 years, they've had techs out here 11 times to try to make the service consistent. The service cuts out regularly. Multiple times a day. During key hours. It's terrible. I have literally 3 feet of wiring that is mine - data cable from the point where it connects to my house, drill through the wall, wireless router. That's it. Everything is theirs. It doesn't work consistently. Their customer service just told me to stop calling, the service is as good as it is going to get, and they don't care that there are a few hours a day where I don't have internet service.

I was thinking of going to comcast. All I need is internet. No phone, no TV, just a wire in to a wireless router. The wire is already there. Will they charge me for installation?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

My attic is fucking ugly with coax wires thanks to Comcast no idea what they were thinking, going to take pictures but if that is the norm I don't know WTF bad would be.