Furiosa (2024)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Lol, can't even beat Garfield. Tied with 31 million

Analysts believe that “Furiosa” missed the box office mark because, despite the hype from “Fury Road,” the R-rated prequel didn’t appeal beyond its core demographic of older male moviegoers.

You see, the older males actually loved Furiosa but it just didnt appeal beyond that demographic!

These people literally have no idea why their movies keep bombing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Shoe horning girl power shit into Mad Max movies is lame. That was the only part of fury road that irked me as well, how she did everything Max did but better. Gleeful that this is tanking!

• 4Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
In a world where despite inflation and devalue of the dollar that you can buy a ok 4k TCL 75" TV for $500 and a decent soundbar with sub for $250, the age of theaters should end.
That's a good fam home system for like 20 big macs.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think the first time I really saw her as attractive was in The Menu. Yeah she's got a unique look, but maybe that's part of her charm. She's not a bad looking girl and she's a pretty fantastic actress. I don't think there's a lot of movies that I've seen her in where I didn't at least enjoy them on some level.
She was in monte carlo today for the grand prix. Brundle interviewed her. I didn't realize how tiny she is!

She Looks rather elfin in the face but is short so I dunno.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm not sure. I saw her in a movie a year or two ago, the viking one? I don't watch very many movies.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's not like the first movie was some monster success, either, despite how well reviewed and liked it was. It just broke even theatrically given its budget. Any sequel was going to be a gamble, especially one without Max.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I didnt like much the Furiosa character in Fury Road, why would I go see a whole movie dedicated to her?

Did they actually bother asking the audience what they liked about Fury Road and what they didnt?

This is me. In an alternative timeline where they didn’t try to destroy the movie industry with Covid, I would have probably watched but I found other things to fill that entertainment niche and watching at home just isn’t terrible enough to warrant going. I’ve seen maybe 3 movies in a theater since Covid and I don’t feel like I’m missing much. This story never pushed that needle.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't watched that movie yet. Think it's the same guy who did The Witch. I could be wrong.

Yes, and its a damn good movie. Epic music and scenes.

Back to this movie, you all are rating this higher than me. Did NO ONE else notice how less epic the soundtrack was? (compared to fury road).

Oh, fun fact I read the other day: Toe Cutter from the original Mad Max was also Immorten Joe from Fury road! Unfortunately he died soon after Fury.

Been years since I watched Road Warrior or Thunderdome. Next on my list.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I rank it a little higher because there are some cool ideas here, like I appreciate seeing the lore of the Wasteland expand with us seeing Gas town and Bullet town for the first time and how it may operate and the trade routines between the three. Its not just member-berry bullshit of other movies nowadays, it actively tries to expand the world and show stuff we haven't seen, not do constant callbacks to old movies.

One cool example of world building I liked, a very minor thing, during the big War Rig chase scene they are driving on a very nice, thin asphalt road. That REALLY bugged me, "why the fuck would there be a clean road in the apocalypse, this makes no fucking sense". George Miller is way, way ahead of me though, near the end we see Dementus has control of an asphalt paver and its in the vanguard of his convoy, literally laying down asphalt for a new attack road (ignore clearing rocks and pits first). The movie has a lot of little touches like this, but thats like 80% of the movie... little bits of world building, but not much real plot and you never really hate Dementus. Furiosa seems checked out of her own story most of the movie so its just very unsatisfying. By the time the end rolls around you just don't really care about anyone.

Anyways Miller still rules, still excited as a schoolboy about the shit he gets to do. Its a bummer Furiosa is bombing, probably means The Wasteland movie will never get made:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Meh/OK. They lost me after the first 5 minutes, couldn't stop rolling my eyes, the next hour or so (first 2 chapters, kiddo Furiosa) didn't make it much better. Deviation in tone was too much for a MM movie imho, it felt like a parody of itself.
Overall, some good new stuff, lots of Fury Road rehashing and the same shots. And, expectedly, nowhere near as good as Fury Road. I liked the world building, I would be more intersted in Joe's story and how the Citadel/Bulletfarm/Gastown were formed... Maybe as a TV show.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Was the leader of the bullet farm CGI in this movie btw? He was such an interesting figure in Fury Road but in Furiosa I was getting CGI vibes like when they brought back Grand Muff :))) Tarkin in the later Star Wars movies. His outfit fit like shit, like it was a kid in it.

Just no awesome scenes like when he got blinded in Fury Road and proclaimed himself the scales of justice as he blazed firing towards Max.

I guess you all can tell how bitter I am about Furiosa. Hopefully a "directors cut" comes out or some shit with an ACTUAL sound track and some deep editing.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This movie is going to lose a ton of money. Has a larger budget and grossing half of what Fury Road pulled in and it sounds like it's going to get worse in the next few weeks

Last edited:

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
for those who watched the movie, one cameo kinda bugged me

closer to the end we see furiosa running back to the citadel, one armed, and collapse on the ground. we pan back to see the iconic Mad Max car and a man standing next to it. Its the exact shot that STARTS Fury Road, so the implication is clearly that Max from FR is watching Furiosa. While he probably doesn't drag her back to the citadel (or even move from his spot) he might have grabbed her and dropped her closer, to let the weird maggot lady find her and take her to her... farm.

what was the point of that cameo? That Max knew Furiosa before? Well, not really, and why would he care even if he did. This is 10-15 years before Fury Road i think, and it just got me wondering how the fuck he survived in the wasteland that long with his shiny car and where did he get guzzoline all the time. Fury Road already kinda setup Max as a force or spirit in the world who is connected to everything and just shows up and fades away as he is needed so that moment was just odd.

also odd to show moments from Fury Road in the credits, like as a general rule don't show a better movie in your own movie lol
Max is death. He appeared right when she was on the verge of death.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think red letter media nailed it calling this the kill bill vol 2.

it’s enjoyable but I wouldn’t tell anyone they have to see it in theaters.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
No matter how good the movie is, it's Mad Max without Max, and that is a recipe for disaster.

Even the official fucking title is: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga.

I'll see it 100% when it's streaming on a service I happen to be subscribe to at the time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users