Furious 7 (2015)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just got back from it. It was a typical F&F movie. Over the top, cheesy dialog in spots and great action. I liked the send off for Walker at the end and appreciate them not killing him off.

spronk

FPS noob
saw it today, i thought 5 & 6 were slightly better but this was fun. suuuuuuper cheesy one liners just made you laugh. some great action set pieces, especially the rescue, the tower jump, and the fight between the MMA chick and michelle.

the rock kinda stole the movie, his lines were ludicrously bad but somehow he made them work. and jesus christ is the dude growing in size every year or something, his arms were fucking huge

previews for ultron and mad max were great too

this was paul walkers car collection

the credits song

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Was a great tribute to Paul Walker at the end there. I enjoyed it too.

I agree 5 and 6 were better, but that may also be from the fact we knew it was Paul's last movie and some of his scenes had to be cgi-ed or removed.

I know back when 6 was finished Vin Diesel was saying he wanted 7 8 and 9 to be a trilogy. Will be interesting to see if this will be the last or if they do move on with out Paul and Jordanna Brewster.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saw it yesterday. Great movie! Echo most of what's already been said. Great send off for Paul, cheesy dialogue but great action.

Oldbased

> Than U
Was a great tribute to Paul Walker at the end there. I enjoyed it too.

I agree 5 and 6 were better, but that may also be from the fact we knew it was Paul's last movie and some of his scenes had to be cgi-ed or removed.

I know back when 6 was finished Vin Diesel was saying he wanted 7 8 and 9 to be a trilogy. Will be interesting to see if this will be the last or if they do move on with out Paul and Jordanna Brewster.
Vin has already been hyping up 8 with Russel taking a larger role in it.

Szlia

Nathalie Kelley (the love interest in Tokyo Drift) was back and only shot out of focus in the background... worst film ever!

Tony Jaa loses a fight... worst film ever!

More seriously, the film is 98% fan service so there is fun to be had, but it is also aggressively stupid. The two worst offenders in this particular movie for me are:

1) Bad guy: "Shit is about to go down! Let's draw them in an abandoned factory in the middle of nowhere". Good guys: "Shit is about to go down! Let's draw them in the middle of a city!" I mean, even the Power Rangers know they have to fight the big monsters in a quarry!

2) In a post-"The NSA watches you poop" era, how can you make the McGuffin of your movie a massive surveillance tool that a secret US governmental agency wants and not have a single character even bat an eye about helping them get it? I would be ok with just a funny line like "Don't you already have one of those?", but here it's the big nothing.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
There is no suspension of disbelief, yet I can't stop watching and enjoying these movies.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The movie was fucking fantastic. The Abu Dhabi section of movie stole the show. The action sequences were so over the top that you couldn't get the smile off your face if you tried.

They handled the Paul Walker stuff with absolute class. It was about perfect on how they gave him his send off.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Nah Jaa just got cheated like Statham. Hell, so did the Rock. They basically made a better Expendables movie here.

Whoever has done the fight coordination for the last few movies is doing it right.

Canisis_sl

shitlord
Glad to see some fuckers agree with me. It felt an appropriate send-off and closure despite perhaps not satisfying some as much as the previous ones. But fuck man, don't let anyone watch the music video by wiz before seeing the movie. Talk about spoilers, sheesh.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw it yesterday. Great movie! Echo most of what's already been said. Great send off for Paul, cheesy dialogue but great action.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. And I think they overdid the comedy relief aspect of that one black guy. Jasmine and the Race Wars flag girl were hot as hell.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't seen 7 yet but I finally watched Tokyo Drift last week and thought it was decent. So at the end of that one they have the high school kid and Vin racing, is that how they start out this one? Merge the timestreams back together so to speak.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
The ending of three leads into this movie. It's been a few years since Paul's kid is older. Vin racing the southern kid at the end takes place about mid movie in 7.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Guardians of the galaxy was more belivable then the action scenes in this movie, but it was awesome
smile.png

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I just finished watching Mission Impossible 7 featuring the cast of The Fast and The Furious. I really enjoyed this. Of course lots of cheesy stuff, how many times can Dom survive falling in a car? And the flying car stuff was tarded but fun as shit to watch. Really enjoyed the movie and great pacing. Kept my attention the whole time! The Paul Walker send off was great too. Honestly I couldn't see any CGI face or whatever.

In anticipation of this I went back and watched the other six (well, except Tokyo Drift.) None of them are bad. One and two aren't great but even by the second movie it was less about the gay ricer cars and more about action. I love that now there's basically no ricer cars and it's mostly all American muscle cars now. Hope they make another one, but it will be weird without the Dom Brian bromance.

My only complaint with these movies is "alpha Vin Diesel" who calls all the shots and everyone pussies out around him. And even that was cut back in this movie so, good.
smile.png
And I'm sure the rock is tired of getting beat up by people half his size! But it was great!