Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yeah, I dont doubt that I'm an outlier.
my buddy has gamepass for himself and his two preteen boys, and pays full ticket for all 3.
I've been trying to convince him to take the 5 mins to get set up and start his dailies, and make his boys do theirs too if they want to keep the service.
Youd' think I was asking him to go to the dentist or something... dude's draggin his feet... I just want to save him some bux since he pays for a few private servers on top of that.

can't give money away!
Good ol' spronk spronk here keeps us updated on all the deals! I drank so many Rockstars and had to set up so many fake emails. Thank God for the websites that let you do that super quickly, but I'm now good until 2022.

spronk

FPS noob
is that what beyond light is? I know they had all the xpacs before, but wasn't sure what was going on with the latest destiny shit. it feels like jumping back into an MMO after years and years, you are so confused with what the fuck you are supposed to do after login you just give up

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You can't farm the Xbox Microsoft Rewards stuff on pc, right? I thought I saw it was console only, and I don't have an Xbox One/Series. Unless there's some way around it?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looking back at the thread, this is probably what you want, spronk spronk and popsicledeath popsicledeath may have more to add:

the reddit is pretty good, r/MicrosoftRewards I check there every tuesday afterrnoon when new MS Rewards quests pop up on xbox for the fastest way to do them via xcloud.

without an xbox its not as good, you can earn around 14k-16k points per month with bing searches vs 25-30k per month with that plus an xbox. 2-3x a year every achievement point you get that month (up to 10k) counts towards rewards too.

Still, for ez mode what you wanna do is use Edge, then create 40 tabs or so of different searches then bookmark them all into one folder. Now every day you can just right click and open all favorites and it'll auto complete all your searches. If you use a user-switching agent you can do both the browser and mobile searches in one shot, or just open all the favorites on your phone too. 15 seconds and 500 points a day. Do that for 4 months and its $60 of credit, enough to buy a new game or a few months of gamepass.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You can't farm the Xbox Microsoft Rewards stuff on pc, right? I thought I saw it was console only, and I don't have an Xbox One/Series. Unless there's some way around it?

The program was originally browser related only, so you can do a lot of the rewards without a console. Daily Edge/PC searches. Mobile searches. Rewards dashboard will have three "quiz" type of things daily and a bonus for streaks, as well as other punch cards and click boxes.

The console app adds stuff on console. Then, Game Pass sub adds another group of specific rewards. So three buckets of reward activities, but the browser stuff is the fastest and easiest points.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I've been doing the browser stuff. Its easy with the tips people gave out here on the board. Takes a couple minutes at best.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
back 4 blood is out on gamepass today, pc and xbox i think. its basically the left 4 dead game. i think co-op is REQUIRED to play though, it has matchmaking but you can't progress or something solo

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Destiny 2 w/ all current expansions/content is available today also.

Really looking forward to AoE4 and Forza, less than a month away.

1634079458729.png

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Anyone that wanted a series s has gotten one.

And there is ax Xbox megathread.

You're a terrible Asian.

• 1Like

Vorph

I've actually been debating doing a X1X to XSS swap while Gamestop is paying $325 for the X1X. My X1X only ever gets used with a 1080p TV or a 1440p monitor so losing 4K is of zero consequence. Hard to accept the idea of a diskless console though. Plus Gamespot only has bundles for the XSS, which means paying $300 for the console and $50 for a 3 month Game Pass card that I only normally pay $20 or less for. Not the end of the world, but still annoying. Less so since I only actually paid ~$160 for the X1X when it was new.

Anyone here done the X1X to XSS "upgrade"?

spronk

FPS noob
totally worth it as long as you are cool staying digital, the series S is faster than the one X in every way. Its still gonna be hard to get a one X for a while, a bunch of cashout groups still pay ~$750-780 for them ($499 msrp) so all the stock is gonna be sucked up by bots for the next 6 months at least

Vorph

Yeah, I have a Series X for home and definitely couldn't justify a second one to replace the X1X even at MSRP. XSS is kind of tempting though. No drive is a big downside, but I suppose I could just switch from buying all my multiplats on disc to getting them on Xbox store. Most of what I play on the X1X lately has been Game Pass anyway.

Also I'm not sure how big a deal it is that the XSS runs X1S versions for BC rather than X1X, due to its lack of RAM. It seems like FPS Boost, which Series S does support, might make that moot, at least for the more popular BC games.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Riftbreaker is fun as fuck. It's like They Are Billions basebuilder with a robust tech tree and you run around a fresh planet in a mech destroying (twin stick shooter) and gathering.

I would have paid for it on Steam but Gamepass wins again.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Hades for me by a long shot, I even just ended up buying it so I could "tip" the devs and keep it forever. Back 4 Blood and Outriders were cool but not my kinda game. Tetris Connected was awesome but 2020 i think. All of the Yakuza and Wasteland games were awesome.

Flight Simulator 2021 is also great, but I expect my GOTY to be Forza Horizon 5

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users