Gaming and general purpose monitors

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

This seems like an incredible deal for anyone with a modern AMD card, or who doesn't use adaptive sync/VRR on their Nvidia card. G-sync compatibility seems broke AF though, maybe they'll fix it eventually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Got the LG C1 all hooked up the PC. Pretty legit. Brahma Brahma would love one of these things as a PC monitor (large and easy on the eyes).

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Got the LG C1 all hooked up the PC. Pretty legit. Brahma Brahma would love one of these things as a PC monitor (large and easy on the eyes).
G7j.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Campaign starting for a few of the LG ultrawides on The Insiders. (that embedded meta data is awful, this isn't a referral link or anything)

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If I'm looking for a 4k monitor mostly for content consumption, but maybe occasionally games that don't benefit from the 165hz 1440p monitor, is there a reason I should be looking for anything specific? I'm mostly looking at the one below. I don't really have any specific wants or desires in mind

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
CX or C1 does it all my good sir - dont let the fear of its size overwhelm you!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
booted up my PC this morning and the screen is super dim. it's like the brightness is turned way down or something...

but nope, there have been no changes to the monitor's settings, or any of my windows settings (power management, adaptive brightness, color calibration, etc).
what was almost piercingly bright at 84% brightness now looks really dark.

i reinstalled my nvidia drivers, no dice.

not really sure what to do here!

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I set this aside for a couple hours as I had to get on a call and do some grinding for work... figured I'd clear out some time to get my other monitor out of the closet and give it a go

upon waking up my monitor from sleep mode, all of the colors are bright and vivid again. what the actual fark.

I had already rebooted a couple of times and re-installed my GPU drivers before my first post, so I don't know why the monitor sleeping and waking up would change anything, but it did.

I went back into my LG On Screen Display Calibration, and confirmed that the settings are unchanged, Picture Mode is set to VIVID at 84 brightness.
I did a tiny bit of experimenting and noticed that after changing the Picture Mode to SRGB, the brightness was set to 14 and the picture was quite dim, similar to what I'd noted earlier. I changed it to 84 and it looks pretty normal.

I'm pretty sure I previously had the setting on Vivid, and I hadn't changed any of the settings when I noticed the dim effect earlier, so I don't know if Picture Mode + Brightness was the culprit or not... it doesn't seem likely.

Anyway, I think that things are back to normal, but it's hard to tell... I think the colors still look a bit de-saturated.
I fuckin hate troubleshooting.

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a recommendation on a 34" widescreen monitor for non-gaming? We switched to these at the office and now that I'm going in a couple days a week, coming back and working from my dual 24" is making my brain hurt. I could probably upgrade to dual 27" and get the same real estate but its the resolution difference that is killing me.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have a recommendation on a 34" widescreen monitor for non-gaming? We switched to these at the office and now that I'm going in a couple days a week, coming back and working from my dual 24" is making my brain hurt. I could probably upgrade to dual 27" and get the same real estate but its the resolution difference that is killing me.
Resolution is killing me, doesn't mention resolution

Kiki

Log Wizard

I use this for gaming but maybe you can get away with it? (jumped $300 on Amazon tho):
I'm sure you can find cheaper ones without as big of a refresh rate:
Something like that.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of ultrawide, this is a very interesting new option that is also very cheap:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Down $400 to $999. Lowest it's ever been, oh jesus take the wheel, I want it so bad !!!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Down $400 to $999. Lowest it's ever been, oh jesus take the wheel, I want it so bad !!!

That's the old one though.

PS: I just bought .

Probably a stupid purchase, if it's not amazing I'm just gonna send it back.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's the old one though.

PS: I just bought .

Probably a stupid purchase, if it's not amazing I'm just gonna send it back.
Huh? They fixed the backlight bleed issues last year. What newer one is there?