Gaming and general purpose monitors

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone has a Odyssey G7 32” curve monitor? How’s playing games on a curved 32”?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
HOLY SCREEN TEARING AND FLICKER BATMAN.

Finally getting the screen tearing worked out on my LG C1, but how do I fix the flicker?

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
HOLY SCREEN TEARING AND FLICKER BATMAN.

Finally getting the screen tearing worked out on my LG C1, but how do I fix the flicker?
you're scaring me. I've been looking forward to getting a LG C1 on Prime Day, but I am beginning to have doubts!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure its all cable related. Its been a minute since I got my C1 but i remember the random HDMI cables I had laying around weren't cutting it and ended up getting a high speed 2.1 cable to resolve the issues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure its all cable related. Its been a minute since I got my C1 but i remember the random HDMI cables I had laying around weren't cutting it and ended up getting a high speed 2.1 cable to resolve the issues.

Yeah, hopefully. I'll know more tomorrow when they come in.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So I have a dual monitor setup, as most, side by side monitors. Usually I'll be gaming on one and have some YT video on the other, which is fine while playing games that don't require 100% concentration on the monitor. But some games, such as driving games, require you to always watch the game, taking a look at the YT monitor can end up badly, even if it's just a second or two.

This has led me to contemplate getting a small monitor that I can place below my gaming monitor, so my eyes are in line with gaming monitor. I've seen a couple of 14 and 15 inch monitors, but they have USB -C connections. I've also considered getting a tablet, but from what I've heard, they're like smartphones and you can't install browser mods on them and therefore have to watch YT adds and shit.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on good 8-15" monitors, or on other solutions to this problem?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I have a dual monitor setup, as most, side by side monitors. Usually I'll be gaming on one and have some YT video on the other, which is fine while playing games that don't require 100% concentration on the monitor. But some games, such as driving games, require you to always watch the game, taking a look at the YT monitor can end up badly, even if it's just a second or two.

This has led me to contemplate getting a small monitor that I can place below my gaming monitor, so my eyes are in line with gaming monitor. I've seen a couple of 14 and 15 inch monitors, but they have USB -C connections. I've also considered getting a tablet, but from what I've heard, they're like smartphones and you can't install browser mods on them and therefore have to watch YT adds and shit.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on good 8-15" monitors, or on other solutions to this problem?

Some mobile browsers support extensions, Firefox off the top of my head.

One tablet to consider is the Lenovo Yoga Pad 13. I got one last year and while on the pricy side (currently goes for $679, I got it for $550) it's a 13 in android tablet that supports micro HDMI input. It's an odd design with a cylinder along one of the long sides that houses the speakers, but it also has a built in stand as well.

You could certainly do what you want much cheaper with a small, "portable" monitor, but if you want a good android tablet as well, this is the only one I know of that supports any kind of video input.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Getting one of these to review, now to figure out how to organize my desk with it and an Odyssey G9. Might mount it on an arm and put it above, replacing a 32".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Getting one of these to review, now to figure out how to organize my desk with it and an Odyssey G9. Might mount it on an arm and put it above, replacing a 32".

bold GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

This monitor is excellent for the price, based on the review.

This is basically my PG279QM, minus the G-Sync module, but much flatter, easier to mount, and with a much more functional stand, for half the price.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Some mobile browsers support extensions, Firefox off the top of my head.

One tablet to consider is the Lenovo Yoga Pad 13. I got one last year and while on the pricy side (currently goes for $679, I got it for $550) it's a 13 in android tablet that supports micro HDMI input. It's an odd design with a cylinder along one of the long sides that houses the speakers, but it also has a built in stand as well.

You could certainly do what you want much cheaper with a small, "portable" monitor, but if you want a good android tablet as well, this is the only one I know of that supports any kind of video input.
I have an older model of these and can say it is the best tablet I've ever had. I still have it but it's on it's last legs. Hell I didn't realize they came out with a newer version I may have to get a new one myself!

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Well shit... not only is the LG C1 55 not below $1k for Prime Day, it's already sold out by 7am PST @ $1100, the same price it has been for months. Makes no sense!

Guess I've got to snag it at Best Buy

*edit
Of course, it's not available at any Best Buy near me...
I'm about to drive 76 miles round trip to pick it up.
I'm already wondering if I shoulda bought the Sony A80J on Amazon for $998

Last edited:

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well shit... not only is the LG C1 55 not below $1k for Prime Day, it's already sold out by 7am PST @ $1100, the same price it has been for months. Makes no sense!

Guess I've got to snag it at Best Buy

*edit
Of course, it's not available at any Best Buy near me...
I'm about to drive 76 miles round trip to pick it up.
I'm already wondering if I shoulda bought the Sony A80J on Amazon for $998
Check costco. The 65" went from no sale, to actually up $100. I got it for the original for the last couple months 1600 with included state farm 3 year extended warranty. Best price I could find barring some sketchball site in the google ads.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
yeah, checked Costco. They have the C2 for $1699, but no C1.

I've already got the C1 set up and I'm happy with it so far

To be clear, I'm just using this as a TV

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
you're scaring me. I've been looking forward to getting a LG C1 on Prime Day, but I am beginning to have doubts!

Likewise - had none of this on my C1 or CX - does your FPS dip under the minimum avail for the spec? like if youre frequently under like 40 fps

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. On my Samsung G9 I turn on HDR via Windows 11. I get a very washed out picture immediately. Is there something more I should be doing?