Gaming and general purpose monitors

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
This is just going to sound dumb, but this monitor is heavy...and I am very reluctant to believe that the arm can stay extended (pretty much permanently for my use) without dipping.

Thanks for the info though man.
my Ergo HX is super sturdy and holds my LG 38" UW in any position with ease, but I dont think that it's quite meant to be attached to a wall with the arm locked out to maximum length. that's a lot of weight and leverage on a relatively small anchor point. You'd have to do some really secure mounting to the wall, using beefy hardware and possibly reinforcing the wall mount with some plates or something to spread the weight out beyond the anchor point

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok time to upgrade, what is the hotness right now? Looking for something 27-32 inch to replace 2 out of the 3 monitor setuo I have now. I have been stuck in the 1080p 60mhz for too long.
I have a radeon setup. 5700x etc. will likely upgrade card and cpu in a year or so.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm looking to try out ultrawide, and am down to a couple monitors (I also want to try curved). Gigabyte G34WQC for about $410 or a Spectre Nebula C345B-QUN168W for $370. The Spectre does have a 1000R curve, and more limited reviews (the two video reviews I found were very positive ones, and a third was mostly about the issue with their HDR certification). Anyone have thoughts on the curve difference or the monitors in general? Also, any recommendations for a budget monitor arm?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking to try out ultrawide, and am down to a couple monitors (I also want to try curved). Gigabyte G34WQC for about $410 or a Spectre Nebula C345B-QUN168W for $370. The Spectre does have a 1000R curve, and more limited reviews (the two video reviews I found were very positive ones, and a third was mostly about the issue with their HDR certification). Anyone have thoughts on the curve difference or the monitors in general? Also, any recommendations for a budget monitor arm?
If you're looking at budget ultrawides I would go with either of these instead.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Anyone have thoughts on the curve difference or the monitors in general? Also, any recommendations for a budget monitor arm?
1000R is a very aggressive curve, especially for a 34" monitor. I wouldn't be happy with it.
If I was in the ultrawide market, I'd look at the Gigabyte M34WQ

it's as wide as you can get before a curve begins to make sense.

I have a 38" ultrawide and I love it, but it's too wide to leave room for a 2nd monitor. I'd rather have gone 34" or with a standard aspect ratio and 2nd monitor.

you should check any monitor you're reviewing on rtings, they've got a pretty thorough and unbiased review process

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider

On sale today.

Fair Warning, I had ordered the 32" version of this monitor from Amazon in early January and they sent an "Amazon Refurbished" version, had obviously been open and the box had several shipping labels on it and was beat all to hell. It was supposed to be brand new, and Amazon customer service verified this. I returned it and had them replace with the same thing, and got a 2nd box that was also Amazon Refurbished and was in even worse shape with even less of the original packaging inside it. Returned it for my money back.

Just be on a lookout as Amazon was peddling refurbished versions of the 32" one on sale as new. It was a really nice monitor, ended up with a Acer Predator instead but the GL850-B was very sturdy.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Fair Warning, I had ordered the 32" version of this monitor from Amazon in early January and they sent an "Amazon Refurbished" version, had obviously been open and the box had several shipping labels on it and was beat all to hell. It was supposed to be brand new, and Amazon customer service verified this. I returned it and had them replace with the same thing, and got a 2nd box that was also Amazon Refurbished and was in even worse shape with even less of the original packaging inside it. Returned it for my money back.

Just be on a lookout as Amazon was peddling refurbished versions of the 32" one on sale as new. It was a really nice monitor, ended up with a Acer Predator instead but the GL850-B was very sturdy.
Well, Walmart and B&H had the same monitor at the same price yesterday.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
which monitor do you think is better future proofing; Samsungs both @ 49/ CJ890 or CHG90.

I'm leaning on the CJ890 for the multiple source options. My wife uses the CHG90 and it'll do the job but it just can be a chore to setup multiple laptop options. (work)

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
LMGTFY

verdict: neither. for $800-$1200 there are much better options for all use cases

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
LMGTFY

verdict: neither. for $800-$1200 there are much better options for all use cases

Bought my wife a G9 and took her CRG9. We both get an upgrade.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Read LG's new 42" will be out in May. Could be the one I've been waiting for. I'm also really interested in the new Dual 27" (27QP88D-B2) for work.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a 32" monitor/tv running at 1080p / 120hz? I'm having no luck in finding one, all my searches return 32's at 4k/60, or 32's at 1440p, or 27's. I'm starting to think that this PS5 of mine was a waste. I know that 1080p/60hz isn't awful, but now that I've been playing games at 1440p/120+, I can notice the difference in sharpness.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Is there a 32" monitor/tv running at 1080p / 120hz? I'm having no luck in finding one, all my searches return 32's at 4k/60, or 32's at 1440p, or 27's. I'm starting to think that this PS5 of mine was a waste. I know that 1080p/60hz isn't awful, but now that I've been playing games at 1440p/120+, I can notice the difference in sharpness.

Any 144+ hz monitors will also run at 120hz. Though a 1080p monitor that size would be some fat ass pixels

If you're getting a TV there's tons of 40" 4k/120hz models (1080p content looks great on these.)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see PS5 running games, if even available, at a very stable 4k/60, so that is why I'd prefer 1080/120. I have a nice 32" 1440p/245 (VA panel, looks great), but the PS5 doesn't look good on it at all, especially compared to my older 32" / 60 TV, but the color on that TV doesn't seem as sharp as it used too be. Dunno if the PS5 will run games at 1080/120 on a 4K TV, if so I'll try for one of those.