Gaming Chairs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Had mine 3 years. Still in fine condition apart from the material degradation below

I am 5'11, 160-175lbs, I maintain 10-12% body fat year round, lift weights etc. So clearly, you are not in as good physical condition as me and therefore, your results may vary.

View attachment 344042
I've had my chair for quite some time, I honestly have no idea how many years. Probably 3-4? Similar problem with fabric at edge of seat. My hydraulic is also going bad. Chairs relatively fine, but I'm probably going to get a Herman Miller Embody this year.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've had my chair for quite some time, I honestly have no idea how many years. Probably 3-4? Similar problem with fabric at edge of seat. My hydraulic is also going bad. Chairs relatively fine, but I'm probably going to get a Herman Miller Embody this year.

what's your body fat %?

• 1Seriously?
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
For those using a Secret Lab, which I've been thinking of getting as well, how has it held up? I'm a fairly big guy, 6'4" 242lbs. All the chairs I've used over many years have had the backrest warp in that it gives too much when I am at rest leaning back into it. Its like I get further and further away from a straight up sitting position. I want the seat and backrest to maintain a rock solid "L" shape forever.

Had mine for close to a year now and it's the best chair I've ever purchased. They designed the seat with a hanging style bottom so it doesn't wear out and leave you sitting on hard plastic or wood. Very well built and no issues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those using a Secret Lab, which I've been thinking of getting as well, how has it held up? I'm a fairly big guy, 6'4" 242lbs. All the chairs I've used over many years have had the backrest warp in that it gives too much when I am at rest leaning back into it. Its like I get further and further away from a straight up sitting position. I want the seat and backrest to maintain a rock solid "L" shape forever.
I am 6'1 225 and have been using the fabric one for almost 4 years now and it has held up flawlessly. My friend who has the fake leather said his is getting a little worn 3 years later. Go for the fabric one

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I ordered my Titan XL back in December, finally got it at the beginning of February. It's a solid chair, but I really don't understand the hype. The only awesome thing about it is its ability to recline - the armrests having so many positions is nice too, but that's offset by the fact that they are uncomfortable as fuck. I actually had to buy some memory foam armrest pads to cover their horribly uncomfortable ones. I also wish I had gone with the Omega? I think it is, as the XL sits a bit too high for my desk, so the ergonomics are pretty terrible.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I ordered my Titan XL back in December, finally got it at the beginning of February. It's a solid chair, but I really don't understand the hype. The only awesome thing about it is its ability to recline - the armrests having so many positions is nice too, but that's offset by the fact that they are uncomfortable as fuck. I actually had to buy some memory foam armrest pads to cover their horribly uncomfortable ones. I also wish I had gone with the Omega? I think it is, as the XL sits a bit too high for my desk, so the ergonomics are pretty terrible.
The hype is due to it being compared solely against other racing seat gaming chairs which are generally shit. So it’s King Turd of Shit Mountain.

You compare any of those “gaming chairs” to real ergonomic office chairs and they’re all going to be shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It's the best chair for the budget in the gaming class.

If you buy a lumbar pillow it fixes a lot of the ergonomics (no lumbar wedge solution is 100% perfect, but a good one goes a long way). If you feel you need one I can dig it up on Amazon again. It helps you get a little closer to the keyboard and mouse especially if your chair/desk ratios are a big problem. It's an OK band-aid.

The firmness is still an issue unless you equally distribute your bottom and thighs the right way I've found, but the firmness issue isn't enough of an issue for me to go write a review on the internet and say its too firm.

It's firm. Too firm to buy? Uhhh no, not really. It's firm, but not enough to slander the chair and caution others not to buy it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's interesting about the armrests. I didn't have any issue there and I came from memory temperpedic armrests from an office chair. Maybe I'll start having issues now.

Anyway just happy to be rid of leather/pleather finally-- and the Titan XL allowed me to do it cheaply at no risk to my wallet. The biggest problem I have is if you try to sit up very straight for long multi-hour sessions, the firmness becomes an issue if all your weight is specifically going down onto your tailbone and ass. If you sit with perfect equal distribution across your entire glutes and hams (aka slouched forward with terrible posture), that's when the Titan XL seems it's most comfortable for long sessions. Not exactly a strong selling point for a gaming chair.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
A got a VERTAGEAR from BestBuy about 3 years ago.

Love it and still in great shape. ( i don't have the RBG one, that's dumb)

I was 280lbs when i bought it so wanted a big boy chair. Worked well.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That's interesting about the armrests. I didn't have any issue there and I came from memory temperpedic armrests from an office chair. Maybe I'll start having issues now.

Anyway just happy to be rid of leather/pleather finally-- and the Titan XL allowed me to do it cheaply at no risk to my wallet. The biggest problem I have is if you try to sit up very straight for long multi-hour sessions, the firmness becomes an issue if all your weight is specifically going down onto your tailbone and ass. If you sit with perfect equal distribution across your entire glutes and hams (aka slouched forward with terrible posture), that's when the Titan XL seems it's most comfortable for long sessions. Not exactly a strong selling point for a gaming chair.
Yeah, this is my problem also. I think it's partially the fact that the XL was the wrong choice for my frame. I'm 6'0/185lb., so I figured I'd need the slightly wider chair, with slightly thicker foam, and wanted the "reinforced" parts because I've had issues in the past with chairs like these falling apart.

That seems to have been a horrible mistake for weight distribution, as it's only really comfortable if I'm slouched as hell, like you mentioned. I should try the lumbar pillow, like you mentioned - let me know if you have any recommendations. I was honestly shocked they don't come with their own, considering the price and the fact that I've purchased $100 chairs that come with them. The headrest pillow is pretty comfy though.

All in all it wasn't a bad purchase and a big upgrade over the shit chair I had, but I really wish I had gone a size smaller in retrospect. Although, part of the problem is that my desk just sits way too fucking low, so I have to keep the chair pretty pulled out, otherwise I hit my thighs on the underside.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, this is my problem also. I think it's partially the fact that the XL was the wrong choice for my frame. I'm 6'0/185lb., so I figured I'd need the slightly wider chair, with slightly thicker foam, and wanted the "reinforced" parts because I've had issues in the past with chairs like these falling apart.

That seems to have been a horrible mistake for weight distribution, as it's only really comfortable if I'm slouched as hell, like you mentioned. I should try the lumbar pillow, like you mentioned - let me know if you have any recommendations. I was honestly shocked they don't come with their own, considering the price and the fact that I've purchased $100 chairs that come with them. The headrest pillow is pretty comfy though.

All in all it wasn't a bad purchase and a big upgrade over the shit chair I had, but I really wish I had gone a size smaller in retrospect. Although, part of the problem is that my desk just sits way too fucking low, so I have to keep the chair pretty pulled out, otherwise I hit my thighs on the underside.

For more of a flexible lumbar that you can press into while still getting good lumbar:

1620251033248.png

This is what I ultimately went with for daily use on the chair. It's also pure black with 0 markings or branding, so also aesthetically superior than the alternative.

The alternative is more of a traditional "wedge", but ended up being too much of the wrong type of wedge for the chair at my size. I do use this more wedge-like one in my car and it works great. It just didn't suit the chair for whatever reason. Maybe over time I'd have changed opinions, but I didn't like it at all in the chair. I took it off immediately.

1620251057377.png

The true "office wedge" I wanted is custom made from a rubber/office ergonomic supplier in Australia but they were out of stock, and it'd have to be shipped second-hand since they don't do international shipping. Even the Ebay sellers don't do USA.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Various attempts at linking didn't work and I can't be bothered with troubleshooting. There's the manufacturer names and title of listings.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Decided to upgrade my chair a couple months ago because my lower back wasn't feeling supported enough in my cheap Aeron knock off. Bought an Autunomous Pro. The back support is amazing. The seat how ever is garbage tier. After a half hour or so it feels like my tail bone is being crushed. Bought a pad which helps some but not enough. Also the gas cylinder already doesn't work. Turns out they seem to be rebranding some chinese crap. It's a shame because with a better foam cushion this chair would be fantastic.

So I just sprung for a Steelcase Leap. Ill let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Prices seem damn reasonable.
Yeah and the lower back support is seriously great. The foam seat is only 2 inches though and the foam seems like low grade because it feels like you are sitting right on the plastic and metal structure underneath.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
It's basically a rebranded Ergochair 2. Great back but the seat pan sucks. Can confirm.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Can anyone recommend a chair for those of us that like to sit with our feet in the chair?

I know I need alot of "depth" and I think maybe adjustable depth would be ideal.

I found a leap 1 for 30 krono on that madison place, thanks for recommending! <3

Last edited: