Gavinrad's Mass Effect 3+ Thread

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Well if the next Mass Effect is set after the trilogy then they will have to make a number of player choices go one way or the other.

Of course the next Mass Effect could be a prequel too.
There's no reason that a new mass effect game even has to have anything to do with the previous characters in the series where it would matter. The ME universe is sweet, and they're fun games, a new story would be just fine.

Edit: was wondering where ME3 weekend events went. Looks like biofail is done with doing anything for ME3 MP.

Board Link

Hey everyone, I regret to announce that we will no longer be releasing any more balance updates. There are many things we wish we had time to fix and improve, but as Jonathan Warner mentioned in Bioware's blog post here, the team is moving on to new and exciting projects.

I just wanted to say that our team has really enjoyed interacting with the community this past year through weekend events, balance changes, and discussions on the forums. We learned a lot about running a multiplayer service, and the community definitely taught us a lot about our own game through amazing gameplay videos and in depth analysis of our weapons, powers, and kits. I know Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was a bit controversial when it was announced, but I think it's safe to say it was a huge success.

Although weekend events and balance changes are finished, you will still see us around the forums. Thanks for playing!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, they did have the decency to move all the commendation weapons to the Ultra Rare pool after the last weekend event though. Finally got myself a Valiant!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd love to, if only you were on the 360 instead of some inferior system.
willy-wonka-wilder.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What? It's really gay that all the rerolled ME3 players are split between 3 platforms, but it seems like more of us have it for 360 than ps3 or pc. I have 4 RR folks on my friends list for ME3 multi, granted 3 of them never actually play.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Everyone has a fucking PC, this was a forum that was started based on EQ, a PC game. The PC is the best platform yo.

Seriously though, its fucking retarded that the shit is splintered like that. I know its not really biowares fault, more the fault of how we have competing PS network, Xbox, etc, but it would be so much better if you could play MP with whoever you wanted.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I agree and I really wish that consoles weren't so controller-limited that it makes combining the platforms in multiplayer undesirable.

As it is now it'd be like letting checkers players fight chess players.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I agree and I really wish that consoles weren't so controller-limited that it makes combining the platforms in multiplayer undesirable.

I honestly think that's a complete non-issue inanyco-operativegames. Currently the only game that I can think of that does cross-platform co-op is Portal 2 on the PS3 and PC, but from what I've heard that works just fine. There's absolutely no reason to segregate people in co-operative play if the platforms are compatible and it doesn't take too much effort to pull it off. I think we'll potentially see more of it in this next generation with the PS4 using X86 PC Architecture and Sony being willing to extend their hand and work with people. Microsoft is probably a total lost cause, even with them using the exact same Architecture, because they're total dicks, but oh well.

The only time that input methods really give anyone a hugely distinct advantage is Competitive Multiplayer Shooters and Competitive RTS games. Just about any other genre is an even playing field or one that PC players can easily compete with by plugging in a game controller themselves: Racing, Action Games, etc, and they should definitely try to set up more cross-platform play this generation with the systems being much more developer and cross-play friendly.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
There's no reason that a new mass effect game even has to have anything to do with the previous characters in the series where it would matter. The ME universe is sweet, and they're fun games, a new story would be just fine.
A new Mass Effect would work better as a prequel than anything set in the period of time after the events of ME3. The ending just left too much bullshit for there to be a worthwhile sequel without having half the playerbase go wtf at shit that never happened in their game. Synthesis/control, Krogan cured or not, geth/quarians alive or dead just have too many implications in a future game if it went one way or another.

It'll either be during the first contact war or so far in the future that nothing that happened during the Mass Effect trilogy would have actually mattered.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Yeah, they did have the decency to move all the commendation weapons to the Ultra Rare pool after the last weekend event though. Finally got myself a Valiant!
Aside from the fact they had to do this after yanking support, it's not a good thing. Now the UR pool is considerably more daunting to newer players with the addition of all those new weapons, some of which are utter garbage.

As for Valiant, it was tied with the BW depending on your viewpoint until recently when they buffed the BW again and it just pulled light years ahead.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They buffed the BW? Holy shit. The BW was better than the valiant by a wide margin already.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm

I could crush PC users with a gamepad in ME3. Gavinard and I can basically duo platinum with a jugg/dps combo and scrubs will fill the last 2 spots and just make it a little easier.

I still haven't installed ME3 on PC from getting it for SimCity, but if a couple people wanted to play, I'd bust out a human adept and get janky on shit. No equipment required!

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
They buffed the BW? Holy shit. The BW was better than the valiant by a wide margin already.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 2, 2012

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [514.1-642.6] to [591.2-739.0]

Yeah, it was already awesome and then they just made it godly.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I could crush PC users with a gamepad in ME3. Gavinard and I can basically duo platinum with a jugg/dps combo and scrubs will fill the last 2 spots and just make it a little easier.

I still haven't installed ME3 on PC from getting it for SimCity, but if a couple people wanted to play, I'd bust out a human adept and get janky on shit. No equipment required!
The console version of ME3 multiplayer is way easier to account for the controller.

Budos

The console version of ME3 multiplayer is way easier to account for the controller.
As it should be. Certain class/race combos really wouldn't be bothered by a controller much, i.e.: jugg, volus, and flamers, to name a few. This is especially true with most of the platinum 'camping' spots.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

You stand upon the shoulders of an aimbot.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
October 2, 2012

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [514.1-642.6] to [591.2-739.0]

Yeah, it was already awesome and then they just made it godly.
Well fortunately I have a BW too, although TBH sniper rifles seem subpar in platinums compared to shit like the Reegar, Harrier, or good old fashioned power spamming. Snap Freeze with +100% tech combo damage is absolutely fucking retarded. Although almost all of my sub-25 minute plat runs have been with me playing the ridiculous Volus engineer. +45% damage taken on the enemy along with shield boosts and -40% damage taken on the team? Fucking insane.

Budos I still say hunter mode is complete garbage on the Geth Soldier. If you ignore hunter mode and go 6/6/0/6/6, your shield strength before equipment is 1650. That's 2k+ with a stronghold package. Combined with the -40% dmg taken from fortification and it's rare that I ever get taken down even on platinum. For hunter mode, you're giving up half that shield strength for an extra 15% damage on your flamethrower, when you're already getting 30% from fortification, 40% from networked AI, and 10-30% from your weapon mod depending on level. Actually you're giving up more than half that shield strength since you can't go all the way down the hardware tree if you're taking hunter mode.

Actually found out it's the same build this dude used to solo plat.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SokXJGxCWRU

You stand upon the shoulders of an aimbot.
Oh you mean the auto-aim that points me at the wrong fucking target more often than not? That auto-aim? Yeah real helpful. I highly doubt PC multiplayer is that much harder than console, or if it is it's because the PC UI is fucking terrible, not because it's set up to be harder. Bottom line is that ME3 multi really isn't that hard either way.

Budos

Budos I still say hunter mode is complete garbage on the Geth Soldier. If you ignore hunter mode and go 6/6/0/6/6, your shield strength before equipment is 1650. That's 2k+ with a stronghold package. Combined with the -40% dmg taken from fortification and it's rare that I ever get taken down even on platinum. For hunter mode, you're giving up half that shield strength for an extra 15% damage on your flamethrower, when you're already getting 30% from fortification, 40% from networked AI, and 10-30% from your weapon mod depending on level. Actually you're giving up more than half that shield strength since you can't go all the way down the hardware tree if you're taking hunter mode.
Run speed my man! Also, for straight min-maxing, you have a +20% power recharge delay (after fort ascension) with fort, which is less time flaming. Hunter mode is also: 32.5% increased global damage, 15m vision, 10% accuracy (I typically use BP Punisher, so this helps), and -20% power recharge. For a straight min/max character, it makes the most sense.

Why can't you max Network AI? If you put 0 points into fort you can.

I'll be honest though, without a volus, supply pylon or a jugg actually using their turret for once, you're probably too squishy. With them though...