Gavinrad's Mass Effect 3+ Thread

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I honestly think that's a complete non-issue inanyco-operativegames. Currently the only game that I can think of that does cross-platform co-op is Portal 2 on the PS3 and PC, but from what I've heard that works just fine. There's absolutely no reason to segregate people in co-operative play if the platforms are compatible and it doesn't take too much effort to pull it off. I think we'll potentially see more of it in this next generation with the PS4 using X86 PC Architecture and Sony being willing to extend their hand and work with people. Microsoft is probably a total lost cause, even with them using the exact same Architecture, because they're total dicks, but oh well.

The only time that input methods really give anyone a hugely distinct advantage is Competitive Multiplayer Shooters and Competitive RTS games. Just about any other genre is an even playing field or one that PC players can easily compete with by plugging in a game controller themselves: Racing, Action Games, etc, and they should definitely try to set up more cross-platform play this generation with the systems being much more developer and cross-play friendly.
Microsoft actually tested this for the original Xbox and console games got their shit pushed inall the time. Mouse and Keyboard is the One, True Input Method.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Given how fun the ME3 multiplayer was, and given how much money it made them(I spent my leftover Bioware points on spectre packs and shit), will they be able to pull off a decent DA3 multiplayer?

If the Montreal studio is working on that shit, DA3 might just be a decent multiplayer experience.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Microsoft actually tested this for the original Xbox and console games got their shit pushed inall the time. Mouse and Keyboard is the One, True Input Method.
For shooters, yes. Not for action games, racing, fighters, etc. It's also irrelevant in co-op shooting.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_27618.jpg

What The Fuck

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Well, Prometheus certainly had a better ending by a light year.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Will this be on steam or at least non origin at some point?
I hate origin with a passion. Fuck trying to get Mrs.Izo's Sims 3 on that an not every retail prouct would register. Fuck their tech support for telling me to buy their shit twice. Fuck fuck fuck origin.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Will this be on steam or at least non origin at some point?
I hate origin with a passion. Fuck trying to get Mrs.Izo's Sims 3 on that an not every retail prouct would register. Fuck their tech support for telling me to buy their shit twice. Fuck fuck fuck origin.
Origin is absolutely 100% fucking terrible. Just god awful. They used steam as a fucking blueprint and still fucked it up. I think the old ME thread on foh had like a 40 pg derail about how terrible origin was when everyone was hardcore playing ME3. Sims is definitely bad, but they all are. The one thing that really drives me nuts (other than games whose CD keys aren't recognized) are the fact that after you register them to Origin there's still another site to go to. ME/DA register through Bioware, Battlefield through Battlelog and then Sims through their shit. So fucking god damn annoying.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Origin is absolutely 100% fucking terrible. Just god awful. They used steam as a fucking blueprint and still fucked it up. I think the old ME thread on foh had like a 40 pg derail about how terrible origin was when everyone was hardcore playing ME3. Sims is definitely bad, but they all are. The one thing that really drives me nuts (other than games whose CD keys aren't recognized) are the fact that after you register them to Origin there's still another site to go to. ME/DA register through Bioware, Battlefield through Battlelog and then Sims through their shit. So fucking god damn annoying.
Someone hasn't actually used Origin recently. Origin is a perfectly fine complement to Steam and functions quite well. Granted it doesn't have quite the same sales as Steam, but both Steam and Origin are currently getting their asses kicked in that department by Amazon anyway. Your complaint about having to go to another site while being registered on Origin is a valid complain for many games on Steam too.

Also the tech support complaints are amusing because Steam's tech support is complete shit. Submit a message and hope I receive a response in a few days! At least with EA they have phone and live chat support.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone hasn't actually used Origin recently. Origin is a perfectly fine complement to Steam and functions quite well. Granted it doesn't have quite the same sales as Steam, but both Steam and Origin are currently getting their asses kicked in that department by Amazon anyway. Your complaint about having to go to another site while being registered on Origin is a valid complain for many games on Steam too.
What a load of bullshit. The only game I *ever* had to do anything with a website on after purchasing on steam was L.A. Noire, and I'm pretty sure that was optional. Origin is garbage.

Xalara

Golden Squire
What a load of bullshit. The only game I *ever* had to do anything with a website on after purchasing on steam was L.A. Noire, and I'm pretty sure that was optional. Origin is garbage.
Some example games that have external registration from the platform you purchased them on: Arkham Asylum and any Ubisoft game for UPlay. Besides, those are complaints with the individual games themselves, not Origin.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Arkham Asylum
false

*edit*

Unless you're retarded and counting GFWL, but even if you were, that's not the same as EA requiring you to use their shitty version of steam AND individually register your games on different websites of theirs.

Xalara

Golden Squire
false

*edit*

Unless you're retarded and counting GFWL, but even if you were, that's not the same as EA requiring you to use their shitty version of steam AND individually register your games on different websites of theirs.
Well, that's a problem with the games themselves. It has nothing to do with Origin, and we're talking about Origin.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
Origin is a perfectly fine complement to Steam and functions quite well.
I tried to get Mass Effect 3 as a gift for a friend. There is no gift option on Origin. Game isn't on Steam, so no luck there. Tried gifting on Amazon, they don't do it for digital downloads. Finally just bought him a damn Amazon gift card and told him to buy it himself. It's like they are purposely trying to shoot themselves in the foot.