Gender Integration in the Infantry, and how Robots fight Misogyny

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Or exosuits.

I think women could do just fine at some things. Any reason a woman couldn't be a sniper?
My anecdote: Did a 2 week operation outside-the-wire in rural Helmand. The terrain was shitty; tons of random obstacles. The snipers attached to us were carrying immense loads (100-150lbs) and were doing a shit-ton of night movements. Talking 5-15km hikes in the dark to get into position, establish a hideout, and be combat effective in the morning. Carrying weight like that in unsteady terrain (mud, canals, hills) is reckless even for strong men. Especially operating in unfriendly territory.

I don't think I've ever seen the media capture the sheer grueling physical aspect of what scout snipers do. It's possible that I only saw one side, but the truth is that many many servicemembers can shoot a rifle really fucking well. Being a USMC scout sniper is far more than just good marksmanship.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
they have different weight classes for different size boxers. i dont see what the problem is. it actually sounds more efficient and would improve your chances for survival if everyone in your platoon was about the same size as you.
That's a game, warfare is life. You can't simply change a dial and make m16s magically lighter or sapi plates lighter.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
It's almost like there's actual reasons that combat arms has been a male domain for the last 10,000ish years outside of a few aberrations. Either that or the patriarchy has been meeting in it's hollowed out volcano lair longer than we thought.

The IDF barred women in combat from 48-00 and since 2000 they have one BN that's mixed.
The Russians in WW2 armed women not out of equality but pure necessity.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My anecdote: Did a 2 week operation outside-the-wire in rural Helmand. The terrain was shitty; tons of random obstacles. The snipers attached to us were carrying immense loads (100-150lbs) and were doing a shit-ton of night movements. Talking 5-15km hikes in the dark to get into position, establish a hideout, and be combat effective in the morning. Carrying weight like that in unsteady terrain (mud, canals, hills) is reckless even for strong men. Especially operating in unfriendly territory.

I don't think I've ever seen the media capture the sheer grueling physical aspect of what scout snipers do. It's possible that I only saw one side, but the truth is that many many servicemembers can shoot a rifle really fucking well. Being a USMC scout sniper is far more than just good marksmanship.
People don't know that scout snipers infil and exfil in pairs usually and assume a chopper drops them off with a single bottle of water, a stick of slim jim, and a rifle all 100 yards from the enemy position. They take the shot and then ride away in a stolen luxury Range Rover stolen from the bad guy's compound when they rushed in and saved 1,000 women and children from slavery.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Imagine being told that you finally became a Marine and you would be assigned to the coed platoon because you are small enough ...

Yeah Astr0creep that isn't going to happen.
or ya know instead of being a snarky dipshit you could enlighten us on what a fucking trauma to your ego it would be to serve with a woman?
I already did this. It isn't that they are serving with women, it's the fact that they are being placed into a unit based on how close they are to a woman's body mass.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oGIukfj.jpg

koljec_sl

shitlord

I believe it. There's a lot more than just breathing and pulling the trigger correctly.

Still, I'd think that part of this is making sure that any solider is assigned to tasks appropriate for their physiques. I mean, why bar a uniquely talented woman? Why be forced to include a weak one?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I believe it. There's a lot more than just breathing and pulling the trigger correctly.

Still, I'd think that part of this is making sure that any solider is assigned to tasks appropriate for their physiques. I mean, why bar a uniquely talented woman? Why be forced to include a weak one?
That doesn't work for "infantry" though. The whole concept of infantry is generic combat fodder.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Uniquely talented women? Yeah lets deal with the laundry list of administrative issues TJT mentioned so that you can accommodate 1 or 2 women per battalion.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
brahs, trenbalone is the solution. 1) Women respond better to roids than men. 2) Roided out women out perform men of similar weight. 3) Trenbalone will cause virilization, making men out of women.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks like The Commandant needs to be replaced with a more progressive one who doesn't hate women!

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
brahs, trenbalone is the solution. 1) Women respond better to roids than men. 2) Roided out women out perform men of similar weight. 3) Trenbalone will cause virilization, making men out of women.
Funny enough, I spent part of today reading about the 1976 Olympics and the East German swim team.

Roids
fuck
women
up
real
bad.

And fucking[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */and his "Just make the gear lighter and put them into a platoon of similar sized men!" solution. lulzlulolzolulz. The gear is the gear. It's already made by the lowest bidder to a minimum spec. The military may have $5,000 for a wrench to adjust a nut on a jet occasionally, but they really pinch the fuck out of pennies when it comes to infantry gear. The Marines are behind everyone when it comes to updated gear.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Funny enough, I spent part of today reading about the 1976 Olympics and the East German swim team.

Roids
fuck
women
up
real
bad.

And fucking[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */and his "Just make the gear lighter and put them into a platoon of similar sized men!" solution. lulzlulolzolulz. The gear is the gear. It's already made by the lowest bidder to a minimum spec. The military may have $5,000 for a wrench to adjust a nut on a jet occasionally, but they really pinch the fuck out of pennies when it comes to infantry gear. The Marines are behind everyone when it comes to updated gear.
yeah i get it. gear is heavy so only men can carry it. if it was any lighter people would point and laugh at your 'bitch-rifle'