Gender Integration in the Infantry, and how Robots fight Misogyny

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm also curious how they intend to handle the numerous conflicting rules they will have to resolve for women to be in combat arms. For example, the second time I was in Iraq we were living in this Euro Style vertical department store building in NE Baghdad. The FOB was populated by 600 soldier infantry battalion and 100 or so support personnel and a ton of Iraqi Army/Iraqi Police fucks. I was the interrogation/translation team leader at this time.

We had no women there until the unit relieving us started moving in. This was in early 2008. When they arrived, the BN Commander had to give up his room. As he was the only one who wasn't living with multiple other people in racks packed to the gills and let the 9 women in the relieving unit live there. Then we had to have all kinds of shenanigans to accommodate them. Entire FOB had to completely change operations to deal with 9 people. That is insane to me.

Poor bastards had to guard the shower connex thing and let nobody inside while they were using them multiple times a day as the girls were on opposing shifts. I guess there just won't be this separation when girls are in line infantry units? Or will there be?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
the armies are going to experience manpower shortages in the future they probably are looking at the feasibility of tapping another recruitment base to offset that. that's why woman fight in Israel, so if it seems they are kinda pushing it along hoping that it will work they probably are.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yea I bet all the men would love to tell their friends that they are a Marine and that they're in the bitch unit.
yeah i bet the guys would be embarrassed to tell people they get to sleep next to women every night and carry weight loads at least 20 pounds lighter than the guys in the he-man sausagefest platoon

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
yeah i bet the guys would be embarrassed to tell people they get to sleep next to women every night and carry weight loads at least 20 pounds lighter than the guys in the he-man sausagefest platoon
Have you met military guys?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Have you met military guys?
not anyone recent, there is my best friend who was army back in the early 90s and then i had guildmates who were all mostly ex navy. i had uncles who served in ww2 and fought nazis in italy that were pretty small guys even when they were in their prime.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I had a friend in the Canadian Armed Forces (no jokes please) and he said that his troop had to do some sort of exercise that required them to slog through a bog-like forest for a few weeks, and after about ten days all the female soldiers had to be airlifted out because they all got vicious yeast infections from walking in waist deep muddy water for a week straight.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
or ya know instead of being a snarky dipshit you could enlighten us on what a fucking trauma to your ego it would be to serve with a woman?
Astro, why don't you pick a random female off the street and go spend 10 weeks in an intensive 6 days a week physical training regimen with her, but you can only lift as much her, play as hard as her, or work as hard as her - she will be your upper bound as to how hard you can work. Make working out and training your 8-10 hour a day job, and see how well she keeps up. Oh, and the training you're doing will mean your life on the battlefield when you're done.

Thats what the soldiers are going through. You want to be in the bitch unit?

If you don't understand this, I don't know what is going to get through to you.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really don't think its about ego. Infantry/Combat Arms pushes men to their uppermost limits in terms of exertion, performing under duress, etc, etc. Men routinely fail out of these things. Is it possible to find a woman who can compete at this level? Absolutely. But you're going to have to look REAL hard to find one.

A different analogy however. Why do we not see the best female basketball players in the NBA with the guys? This is just a game and potentially getting you or somebody else killed isn't part of the game.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
A different analogy however. Why do we not see the best female basketball players in the NBA with the guys? This is just a game and potentially getting you or somebody else killed isn't part of the game.
Watching them get dunked on 25 times per game would be entertaining for a little while.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Astro, why don't you pick a random female off the street and go spend 10 weeks in an intensive 6 days a week physical training regimen with her, but you can only lift as much her, play as hard as her, or work as hard as her - she will be your upper bound as to how hard you can work. Make working out and training your 8-10 hour a day job, and see how well she keeps up. Oh, and the training you're doing will mean your life on the battlefield when you're done.

Thats what the soldiers are going through. You want to be in the bitch unit?

If you don't understand this, I don't know what is going to get through to you.
i work with women all day and they are a bunch of cackling hens morning noon and night. old or young. bitches be annoying, i get that. i really do, what i am saying is putting women together with the smaller (weaker?) male soldiers sounds more efficient than throwing them in with the badass muscleheads who weigh a hundred pounds more than you. you still have to meet the minimum physical requirements, but you have a better chance of saving each other's asses when shit goes down because everyone in the platoon is basically your physical equal. tell me without insulting, how i have this wrong?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Let's face it, allowing women into either the army or police using evaluation metrics that aren't the same as those used on men is political correctness, plain and simple.

Every time a woman tries to tell me that women can be just as good police officers or soldiers as men, I present them with this simple scenario:

"You wake up in the middle of the night to a noise downstairs in your living room. You quietly get out of bed and peer downstairs into your living room and see an unarmed 200lb black dude packing your silverware into his backpack. You quietly call 911 and oddly enough the emergency operator says she can either send officer Bob, who is 6'2" and 200lb, or officer Jane, who is 5'2" and 110lb. Considering the thief is unarmed and will soon be leaving your property, who do you choose?"

Any chick that doesn't say Bob is a liar.

I'm a firm believer that the most qualified person should always get the job, and in the case of the police and the infantry, there are very rare cases where this will be a woman.

I can't get a job at Bikini Village, and wouldn't expect to be picked instead of a female as any type of caregiver. Trying to equalize genders across all fields is just introducing inefficiencies in the name of political correctness.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's the thing dude. They are FAILING the minimum standards and politicos want to adjust the standards so that they pass.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i work with women all day and they are a bunch of cackling hens morning noon and night. old or young. bitches be annoying, i get that. i really do, what i am saying is putting women together with the smaller (weaker?) male soldiers sounds more efficient than throwing them in with the badass muscleheads who weigh a hundred pounds more than you. you still have to meet the minimum physical requirements, but you have a better chance of saving each other's asses when shit goes down because everyone in the platoon is basically your physical equal. tell me without insulting, how i have this wrong?
because you can't use "Body type" as a metric to put platoons together, that would be retarded. there is already enough criteria to consider -- experience, skillset, etc.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
you have it wrong in a couple of ways:

a> they can't meet the minimum requirements
b> creating a unit of B-teamers would just make that unit cannon fodder
c> they're just flat out much more expensive to train and staff because their bodies are more delicate

The end

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you have it wrong in a couple of ways:

a> they can't meet the minimum requirements
b> creating a unit of B-teamers would just make that unit cannon fodder
c> they're just flat out much more expensive to train and staff because their bodies are more delicate

The end
alright, i can accept that, its the same bullshit with the fire departments then. my issue was possibly having modified minimum physical requirements for women providing that they would only be deployed with same size male/females. i guess thats stupid because they would be facing the same enemies as everyone else. i only bring this up because one of my friends as a kid, his dad was an ex green beret in vietnam and saw lots of combat and was decorated. the guy was a total badass and he was about my height when i was 14. i figure if this little guy can be a boss on the battlefield, maybe one of thesde big dykes can do the same.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
alright, i can accept that, its the same bullshit with the fire departments then. my issue was possibly having modified minimum physical requirements for women providing that they would only be deployed with same size male/females. i guess thats stupid because they would be facing the same enemies as everyone else. i only bring this up because one of my friends as a kid, his dad was an ex green beret in vietnam and saw lots of combat and was decorated. the guy was a total badass and he was about my height when i was 14. i figure if this little guy can be a boss on the battlefield, maybe one of thesde big dykes can do the same.
it really has nothing to do with pure size and strength. men are pound for pound considerably stronger than women.