General Discussion

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Finished up tonight at 28~! A lil behind the top of the line at the moment and getting further behind (sleep is for the weak; I'm weak). What's funny though is that the top group in guild is like 7 levels above 2nd highest level group. It's like they're goddamn EQ-leveling-scientists or something.

-logged on today, I was 27, not 28 looolol-

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
That's more than a little behind since there's people ~ 40 now.

At the time of my typing, the vast majority were like 33ish. Any /who all showed the top line wasn't above that. Like I said, one anon group (or two... I'm not the census bureau) was like 7 levels above the pack... no clue how, short of laser-precision planning and execution. That around-40 group isn't the norm, and I was just referring to being behind the top curve so to speak.

I'm in awe of the level of knowledge, focus, and *blah blah blah* it takes to level rush like that. I cannot fathom, especially now after throwing myself at this (I didn't do any other server-release rush before... from P99 to RF), how you people don't sleep short of a constant pre-planned boxing rotation. It's extremely mentally and physically uncomfortable to fight sleep and lead-like eyelids whilst trying to keep group alive as a cle, haha.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hit 9 and logged. I had to aggressively recruit just to fill a group in misty, which was weird, but felt good man seeing the soloers get passed. I assume my starting thursday meant I was with the B level players. I grouped with one of the loudest pro NBG faggots from the official forums and of course he was bad.

At least the xp rate is decent. I should hopefully be 46 in time for split raiding...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
We hit 42; got our tank a ssoy and fbss. Anticipate 50 this afternoon/early evening... we all got good rest. I'm still virtually naked gear-wise :(

FYI: I'm loving the $2 title loollololollolool

whore.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sneeto

Golden Squire
Think im with the low tier noobs still. Didn't get much time off work. Hit 31 last night, prob gonna get to 38-40 tonight. Pinkybones from Faceless Empire did me a good one and got his group to come help me kill shin lord and I got a ghoulbane on my paladin. If you're a lurker here, THANK YOU!!

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Gimping myself since i'm playing with RL friends and i'm only 37. If you aint an Enc or a Mage you aint getting a grub it looks like.

kudos

<Banned>
Gimping myself since i'm playing with RL friends and i'm only 37. If you aint an Enc or a Mage you aint getting a grub it looks like.

This can be true. I'm a rogue and still getting groups. You just have to choose your times of day for going LFG and then sit in a spot for hours as you won't know when you'll get a group again. I will say as a 40+ rogue once you get decent weps and haste (enc or shm) you really aren't as shit as people think DPS-wise. People just need to come to terms with it which is hard.

Once you have a reputation for not being shit people tend to ease up and get you into their already made groups as a replacement. That's where I'm at now.

Which is pretty old-school EQ when you think about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This can be true. I'm a rogue and still getting groups. You just have to choose your times of day for going LFG and then sit in a spot for hours as you won't know when you'll get a group again.

Once you have a reputation for not being shit people tend to ease up and get you into their already made groups as a replacement. That's where I'm at now.

Which is pretty old-school EQ when you think about it.

Yeah thats the problem i'm playing at peak times, I also have a 35 wizard i'm lugging along so its harder to find two spots instead of 1.

It's ok though I've done everything there is to do in classic EQ 100 over. It's kind of fun being a casual.
Until people fuck up...

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
We hit 42; got our tank a ssoy and fbss. Anticipate 50 this afternoon/early evening... we all got good rest. I'm still virtually naked gear-wise :(

FYI: I'm loving the $2 title loollololollolool

View attachment 142342
We can go duo shit in Plane of Hate. Was up there yesterday with a cleric pal crushing some shit, was a hell of a lot of fun and great loot $$$$$

kudos

<Banned>
That would work i think as long as charm pet can hold agro over you, which it should. Already seen plenty of Rogue shit rot.
Don't be so sure. I was tanking for LGUK last night when PAL went AFK. I have no trouble pulling agro even against tanks and pets! I will say SK is the only tank that has kept agro 100% from what I've seen so far. SK is OP though.

Yes, I know this is a bad thing usually. I will spam evade.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Don't be so sure. I was tanking for LGUK last night when PAL went AFK. I have no trouble pulling agro even against tanks and pets! I will say SK is the only tank that has kept agro 100% from what I've seen so far. SK is OP though.

Yes, I know this is a bad thing usually. I will spam evade.
Yeah that would be problematic. The ENC/CLR duo works because the Cleric can CH the pet and get 7500 hp worth of heal for each cast.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeah that would be problematic. The ENC/CLR duo works because the Cleric can CH the pet and get 7500 hp worth of heal for each cast.

Did they XP zone Hate? Can you move around fairly easily as opposed to classic? No insta agro from zone in.

Do you need a wizard to port up?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got 42 yesterday. Pretty proud of myself for getting close with so much missed playtime. The key for me was just go somewhere and be a dick. Pull anything, no breaks, and be firm to the point of douchey if someone sucks.

It took me longer than it should have to realize that outlawing forced nbg chases away the pugs I don't want anyway. There seems to be a 1:1 correlation between pugs who think "everyone need on tradeable named loot is selfish and nbg is more fair" and pugs who fucking suck. If you see a necro in lguk dead side with a skeleton instead of a frog next to them, chances are they are whining to their group about having to roll against the tank and cleric for "their" smr or cowl.