General Gaming News and Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm rather surprised that Warframe is still in Gold tier (especially since buying through Steam was always a shittier deal than buying direct from DE when I played), and that PoE is now two tiers below it (used to be just one).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Apex is a legitimately good game. I can't believe PUBG is still so popular.
I can't believe Apex makes the money it does. There really isn't all that much to "buy". 90% of it is easily earned via playing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe Apex makes the money it does. There really isn't all that much to "buy". 90% of it is easily earned via playing.
I don't get it either, but Respawn is one of the few studios that actually deserves the money.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Quick question: Never played Minecraft personally. However I am giving my old laptop to my nephew and wanted to set up Minecraft for him. Is the Java version or Windows version better? I assume it's just preference?

Java version is far better. There is more consistent implementation of core gameplay mechanics and a big community of modders around it that doesn't exist for Bedrock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This was probably my lightest year of gaming, and apparently most of it was Elden Ring. I'm also partial to taters

3678cc8b-eadb-4801-9bd8-3e06b83ae57e.png

spronk

FPS noob
can't really argue with the winners list, although best portable game being death stranding over vampire survivors or a card game is super weird

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
can't really argue with the winners list, although best portable game being death stranding over vampire survivors or a card game is super weird

Darktide not winning best soundtrack is a travesty

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Um. Darktide should by a country mile won soundtrack. Best I have heard in years.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Um. Darktide should by a country mile won soundtrack. Best I have heard in years.

It's the only gaming soundtrack I've added to a Playlist on Spotify, it's that fucking good.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This could be good, actually. Skin-trading is the optimal place for NFTs, it gives you a way to trade them without requiring using the publisher as a marketplace.

No it isn't good - and it was also false. Pubg is taking legal action against the company that promoted this horseshit.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Aaaand see ya:

I got into it with some idiot on the Gamespot forums who said that MS was all onboard for unionization if their employees wanted to and QA out of Bethesda was one of the first to attempt it. Guess who is also one of the one's to get the fucking axe.

Sounds like 343, Bethesda, and others are getting the perverbial boot. Which makes sense due to the fact they are releasing fucking garbage (Halo infinite was shit, as is Starfield right now and all it's issues) as the stark realization of "Hey - sounds like we need qualified people and diversity hiring isn't working" continues to sink in.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Aaaand see ya:

I got into it with some idiot on the Gamespot forums who said that MS was all onboard for unionization if their employees wanted to and QA out of Bethesda was one of the first to attempt it. Guess who is also one of the one's to get the fucking axe.

Sounds like 343, Bethesda, and others are getting the perverbial boot. Which makes sense due to the fact they are releasing fucking garbage (Halo infinite was shit, as is Starfield right now and all it's issues) as the stark realization of "Hey - sounds like we need qualified people and diversity hiring isn't working" continues to sink in.

Maybe the diversity hires can use ChatGPT to code their Starfield game.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob

all ubisoft games coming out in the next 12 months. kinda explains why the company seems to be in a lot of trouble, i'd assume they get bought out at a fire sale price in the next year
  • The Division Heartland (Free to Play) – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Amazon Luna
  • Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X|S, and Amazon Luna
  • xDefiant (Free to Play) – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Amazon Luna
  • Assassin's Creed Mirage – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Amazon Luna
  • Skull & Bones – PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X|S, and Amazon Luna
  • Project Orland (The Crew) – Unknown Platforms
  • Assassin's Creed Nexus – Oculus 2
  • The Division Resurgence Mobile
  • Rainbow 6 Mobile – Mobile
  • Assassin's Creed Codenamed Jade – Mobile
  • Assassin's Creed Netflix Collaboration Mobile

Oh My Gosh No GIF by Rosanna Pansino

• 2Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users