General Gaming News and Discussion

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
The PS+ collection is a perma collection, its not going away anytime soon (and hasn't changed at all since it was released on PS5 release date in Nov 2020) and is only "activateable" if you (1) have a PS5, (2) have a PS+ sub (1 day is enough), (3) activate a PS5 as your accounts primary PS5

its a fantastic value on the tier of gamepass but no real rush to do it, its just the first thing you should do and download all 20 games when you get a PS5. while technically you were able to fuck around and grant a friend who has just a PS4 the same games if you logged into his account on your PS5, its a bad idea to fuck around with that as Sony has banned PSN accounts that tried to do that stuff.
Oh my bad, the article I looked at made it seem like it was for this month only. Thanks for the correction.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

dayem

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>

dayem
Probably what happens when your men are male and so are half your "females".

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gog's new email blast includes their biggest discounts on two Stellaris packs including a bunch of DLC. I cannot follow the link through or it will use the coupon but figured I would toss them up here in case anyone wants these games. If you click either link the code should already be inputted if anyone is interested.

First one is called Stellaris Galaxy Edition and selected DLC's

Second one is called Federations expansion and Necroids Species pack at best price ever on GOG.com

If you get the GOG newsletter in your email you get these discounts and free stuff like Syberia 1 and 2 that I posted awhile back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is that a remake of TWEWY? Swear I played that on 3DS or something a decade ago.

*edit: Ah sequel.. well, not like I remember anything about the first one at this point.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol what!

You can't make this shit up. Consoles shouldn't be exempt. I'm surprised there hasn't been any lawsuits yet.

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
lol what!

You can't make this shit up. Consoles shouldn't be exempt. I'm surprised there hasn't been any lawsuits yet.

From what I can find, they passed the law in 2016, so this wasn't a surprise to anyone. I can't seem to find what the exact numbers are, however, but it seems odd that modern PCs wouldn't be able to idle under what the requirements are

joz123

Potato del Grande
There was already a bunch of things that can't be shipped to Hawaii and California already, not surprised.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
LOL, what does that mean for people running businesses with high end PC requirements? Does this mean even more exodus from the state?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
LOL, what does that mean for people running businesses with high end PC requirements? Does this mean even more exodus from the state?
Pretty big for them. Not like these places have people to handle assemble PCs.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry youtubers and twitch streamers, you have to gtfo because you can neither game nor encode videos. Engineers, you now to get outsource your shit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sorry youtubers and twitch streamers, you have to gtfo because you can neither game nor encode videos. Engineers, you now to get outsource your shit.

A lot of them live in Austin, TX. There are just a few in Cali.

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Air conditioning will be banned in California within five years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
yeah nba 2k22 has a "real" cover celebrating 75 years of nba but gamestop has an exclusive WNBA variant as well. I've noticed gamestop has an excessive amount of tranny employees, way more than average, and a lot of black dudes buy their annual nba/madden/COD at gamestop so its gonna be funny when the store person hands them the WNBA cover and they say back they want the normal edition with Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Durant on it

Before I got fired from a Gamestop, I remember there being a new company-wide mandate to "focus on hiring women and blacks"....at least according to an email I got from my DM. It sounded like something they were doing quietly rather than making a big show of it. I ignored it and kept hiring whoever was best for the job and gave no shit what they looked like. I ended up hiring several women and a black dude anyway because they were all good interviews with good resumes. But I sure didn't "focus on" it. I also hired some white people and a Latino. I probably had the most diverse Gamestop around by default while completely ignoring their directive to be racist.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I am attaching an article from May but it hits on 5 in development Star Wars games. The only one I heard of that is coming out this year though is the Lego Skywalker Saga which is lall the Lego film games bundled not sure about new stuff beyond graphical improvements though.

Lego Skywalker Saga is gonna have revamped graphics (PS5 version especially) which is a big deal for Episodes 1-6 which were PS3-era games. Less so for Episode 7 which was on PS4 and looked great already. So this'll be by far the definitive way to play Lego Episodes 1-6.

Perhaps most importantly, though, Episode 8 and 9 will be brand-new games created for Skywalker Saga. Regardless of how bad the movies are, these games are a ton of fun, and I'm sure 8 and 9 will be the same way. I'm getting Skywalker Saga just to play the new Episode 8 and 9 (I played all the others on their original systems) myself. Not sure if they're going to be closer to the length of Ep 1-6 (like 2-3 hours each) or closer to the length of Ep 7 (like 10-15 hours, since it was its own game rather than bundled in a trilogy) but I hope it's the latter.

• 1Like