General Gaming News and Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm wanting to get my gf a Switch for her bday/Christmas this year. I know nothing about the system, other than I'm aware there's some new version coming out soon (or already came out this year).

Can I get a recommendation on what version, and where to procure said version from my FoH bros?
Just buy a current one from Target or wherever. I doubt your gf will care about the oled screen on the new one.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I'm wanting to get my gf a Switch for her bday/Christmas this year. I know nothing about the system, other than I'm aware there's some new version coming out soon (or already came out this year).

Can I get a recommendation on what version, and where to procure said version from my FoH bros?

the oled model is releasing October 8th for $50 more than the current LED model. The only difference is the screen has been replaced by an OLED screen, the CPU/GPU/internals are all the same except it comes with i think 64gb internal storage instead of 32gb.

its sold out everywhere but many have been scooped up by resellers who will likely cancel their preorders since demand is really soft, I wouldn't be surprised if you could just pick this up Oct 8th at target, walmart, amazon, best buy, etc

the $299 regular LED model is fine, its in stock pretty much everywhere, you'll probably see a bundle game pack special for black friday like comes with animal crossing or whatever. The $199 switch lite is also fine if she only wants to play in handheld mode, never attached to a TV.

i got my wife the animal crossing edition, its the only game she plays. bitches love animal crossing. note that this system does NOT come with the game, thats another $60

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
interesting, saints row reboot gonna be announced next week at gamescom

love SR2 & SR3 so i'm all in for a reboot, not even sure I ever played SR1

spronk

FPS noob
if you wanna play the riders republic beta tomorrow

its ok, its basically Ubisoft's little sports game with biking, snowboarding, a few other things that do 50 player lobbies. It can be fun, but i don't think its a f2p game and it has tons of MTX in it

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm surprised it took MS so long to bring Cloud Game Pass to the consoles. It's not even coming anytime soon either, still has to go through Insider before they finally release it at the end of the year.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Great watch. I hate these shysters. I have a modest retro collection. I have sold a lot of it. Most of mine is focused around SNES. I just inherited a decent Atari 2600 and 7800 collection. Been tempted to pick up a genesis and start doing more stuff there.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Karl Jobst has a lot of great videos around speed running and exploring the glamourous world of 80's video game cheaters like Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers.

Billy Mitchell seems like a complete sociopath to me and the controversy surrounding him is really fascinating. He sues everyone at the drop of a hat (and Karl's latest video chronicals another episode in that saga where one of his suits has been dismissed). If he had gotten into Televangelism instead of Video Games I think he would probably be the biggest and filthy richest TV preacher out there. There's just no shame shamey enough for him to even have it register on his face.

Todd Rogers seems more like a classic liar, not too bright but absolutely stubborn and both he and Billy are hilarious in how they act when their lies are exposed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I didn't watch the Gamescom stuff but a friend linked me this. I suspect vast quantities of mind altering substances inspired this:

• 2Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I hate the childrens but it does genuinely look neat.

Pearl Abyss - going to be microtransaction city.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Karl Jobst has a lot of great videos around speed running and exploring the glamourous world of 80's video game cheaters like Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers.

Karl Jobst indeed has great content but if you like videos around speedrunning, make sure to watch Summoning Salt videos, dude's amazing with his stuff about the history of speedrunning world records.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

pretty damn tempting. Still loving my original elite just fine tho

• 1Like