General Gaming News and Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob

someones been working on a PS4 emulator (on PC) for a while, it currently basically only runs indie games but it provides native libs for all the PS4 calls. Its not likely powerful enough or the right libs to run first party games, but probably in a few years i could see it achieving near 100%. pretty neat, especially for preservation kinda people

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

Can we just go back to the 90s?
34479-m-c-kids-nes-front-cover.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
At least from the get go you knew that was an advertisement. Now you're going through the game and you get this random pandering bullshit.

Companies double dipping left and right and we get nothing for it.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eastward has been popping up on Arekkz and some of the other YT channels I check often, with very positive coverage. PC version seems to have major issues though, like only rendering at 720p and having to rely on scaling at the monitor level which looks like ass. If I get it it'll be on Switch for sure.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Eastward has been popping up on Arekkz and some of the other YT channels I check often, with very positive coverage. PC version seems to have major issues though, like only rendering at 720p and having to rely on scaling at the monitor level which looks like ass. If I get it it'll be on Switch for sure.

Yeah the good feedback from the few people I actually follow combined with the “Earthbound + Zelda + whatever” description really makes me want to give it a shot. Just something about it turns me off. Not necessarily the pixel stuff or anything. Just a vibe from the thing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the good feedback from the few people I actually follow combined with the “Earthbound + Zelda + whatever” description really makes me want to give it a shot. Just something about it turns me off. Not necessarily the pixel stuff or anything. Just a vibe from the thing.
It does have a weird aesthetic. I assume it's mostly due to being made in Shanghai.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I hate the art. I don’t mind pixel games, it’s just ugly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I liked the demo of it personally, I added it to my wishlist back then, although I don't know when I'll play it, it was nice for the little the demo let you do.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here ever play Anodyne? It's another indy game with a weird aesthetic that has been described as a Zelda clone.

Saw it for $6, and it's only like 6 hours long, so I figure I lose very little by playing it on Switch.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here ever play Anodyne? It's another indy game with a weird aesthetic that has been described as a Zelda clone.

Saw it for $6, and it's only like 6 hours long, so I figure I lose very little by playing it on Switch.

Looks like it is $10 on Steam and Anodyne 2: Return to Dust is $20, but Anodyne 2 looks 3D and umm, strange. I'll add them both to my wishlist and maybe catch it on a sale.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Looks like it is $10 on Steam and Anodyne 2: Return to Dust is $20, but Anodyne 2 looks 3D and umm, strange. I'll add them both to my wishlist and maybe catch it on a sale.

I'm just gonna give the first one a spin, 2nd looks too weird. I don't know when though. One of these days I might just set aside a week and plow a bunch of the shorter games I have laying around.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Out of nowhere! This was one of my favorite SNES games by far. Released today on all platforms.

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Out of nowhere! This was one of my favorite SNES games by far. Released today on all platforms.

Holy shit, I didn’t even know this was being made. One of my favorite games of all time. This looks great.

• 2Solidarity

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think there were rumors of it.
its such an unfinished design. it certainly called for a remake/sequel. I wonder if this flushes the game out well. visually it looks like might.

$30 on steam.