General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
rumor is Sony is gonna announce a big game in Dec during the Playstation Experience or Video Game Awards, contenders are a Metal Gear Solid remaster (1-3?), a Xenogears game, or a Chrono Cross game.

Haven't played any of the 3 so all good to me

Probably gonna be the MGS remaster. I'd think it'd be 1-4, since those are all trapped on the PS3. I feel like Sony sees this collection as a huge deal and it's 99% a lock that we'll get it.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and/or a Switch port of Xenoblade X both seem pretty likely...from Nintendo.

A Chrono game...yeah, I'll believe it when I see it at this point. People have been wanting that for 20 years. Then again, in this year of Metroid Dread being revived and so much other crazy stuff happening, it wouldn't shock me to finally see the long-rumored Chrono Break. Still give it the slimmest odds of all of the above.

Remaster of Bloodborne for all platforms would be a pretty big deal, but then again I'm biased.

This is literally the #1 thing I want in gaming

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A Chrono game...yeah, I'll believe it when I see it at this point. People have been wanting that for 20 years. Then again, in this year of Metroid Dread being revived and so much other crazy stuff happening, it wouldn't shock me to finally see the long-rumored Chrono Break. Still give it the slimmest odds of all of the above.
Remastered Chrono Cross that cuts the roster from 45 down to 10-15 could be interesting.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That's ugly, they need good PR heading into the release of a platform-exclusive character to help keep the stink off that... and instead we got this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
apparently colin moriarty, the guy who originally leaked the Demon Souls remaster news, has said that Bluepoint is working on two games - a Bloodborne 1 remaster for PS5, and a Bloodborne sequel for PS5. Both will be announced in Dec.

I plat'd Bloodborne and loved it but never played the DLC, guess i'll just wait now

• 1Picard

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1634009616853.png

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you profit from it, they will come after you. Doesn't matter what enterprise.

How the hell does a story involving Nintendo have a completely different person named Bowser, though? Finding one was rare enough.

spronk

FPS noob
more "my kinda single player game is fucked" news

0qvmiwvtedx71.png

- 2.1 billion is the confirmed amount for mobile only revenue (not including PlayStation, PC, and 3rd party android appstores).
- The 3.7 billion figure is the high-end estimate but is quite likely the actual amount earned based on the data available.
- The high-end figure assumes that mobile revenue (excluding 3rd party android in China) accounts for roughly 60% of Genshin Impacts total revenue. That leaves an additional 40% (roughly 1.4 billion) of revenue from Playstation, PC and 3rd party Android.
- The low-end figure is much more conservative and assumes mobile revenue accounts for 90% of the games revenue.

EA and Ubisoft both are talking up this week how they expect future games to feature NFTs and be online only.

• 2Like
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
more "my kinda single player game is fucked" news

0qvmiwvtedx71.png

- 2.1 billion is the confirmed amount for mobile only revenue (not including PlayStation, PC, and 3rd party android appstores).
- The 3.7 billion figure is the high-end estimate but is quite likely the actual amount earned based on the data available.
- The high-end figure assumes that mobile revenue (excluding 3rd party android in China) accounts for roughly 60% of Genshin Impacts total revenue. That leaves an additional 40% (roughly 1.4 billion) of revenue from Playstation, PC and 3rd party Android.
- The low-end figure is much more conservative and assumes mobile revenue accounts for 90% of the games revenue.

EA and Ubisoft both are talking up this week how they expect future games to feature NFTs and be online only.
Would be real nice if we lived in a world where all that revenue came from playable content and not utterly worthless cosmetics that arent even a collectable to hang on your shelf once the game dies.

Coonsomers, they ruin everything.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah they make shit that sells. I don't understand the demand but it it's out there apparently.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thank fucking god I missed like 12 years of games playing WoW. Now if only I can find a working Xbox and someway to not make the graphics look like shit.

spronk

FPS noob
thats including box sales, which was the majority i assume - it sold something like $1b in just boxed copies in the first month. It was like the second biggest opening weekend for any entertainment product, behind only GTA 5

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is what people are paying for;

1636061938491.png

Games are nothing more than a means to sell cosmetics nowadays.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users