General Gaming News and Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think there were rumors of it.
its such an unfinished design. it certainly called for a remake/sequel. I wonder if this flushes the game out well. visually it looks like might.

$30 on steam.
It had a sequel but it wasn’t great. Didn’t have any of the settlement stuff in it, was just a hohum platformer. Didn’t really feel like it was even related to the first.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Awww yeah, this game was the tits back in the day, and it had such an epic soundtrack. The sequal kinda sucked as it got rid of the map phase and just made it a generic 2d platformer.

Szlia

There is really nothing generic about Actraiser 2. It has one of the most complex control scheme ever devised for a 2D action game. If I am counting right, the character has 7 different sword attacks and you can charge your attack which leads to 6 or 7 different spells, not moving and not attacking allows the character to passively use his shield (3 different positions) and the jump can be turned into a slow fall or a glide and the glide can be turned into a dive. The game is hard, the character is slow and on top of that there are sequences of action that lead to long and dangerous losses of control (going into a glide takes several frames and if a glide reaches the ground, the landing is a long sliding animation that cannot be canceled) so mastering (pun non intended!) the controls take a bit of practice. By comparison the action sequences in the first Actraiser offer 3 sword attacks, one jump and one spell you pick out of a list before the stage.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There is really nothing generic about Actraiser 2. It has one of the most complex control scheme ever devised for a 2D action game. If I am counting right, the character has 7 different sword attacks and you can charge your attack which leads to 6 or 7 different spells, not moving and not attacking allows the character to passively use his shield (3 different positions) and the jump can be turned into a slow fall or a glide and the glide can be turned into a dive. The game is hard, the character is slow and on top of that there are sequences of action that lead to long and dangerous losses of control (going into a glide takes several frames and if a glide reaches the ground, the landing is a long sliding animation that cannot be canceled) so mastering (pun non intended!) the controls take a bit of practice. By comparison the action sequences in the first Actraiser offer 3 sword attacks, one jump and one spell you pick out of a list before the stage.
I remember it being more complex but complex does not alway equal fun. I didn’t care for the sequel.

While the first game was much more basic it was a lot of fun comparatively.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is it just me, or is this the cuntiest game name/description ever?
1632541394072.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
new ghost recon game being announced later today during a ghost recon stream

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
no real shock, been leaked a while. GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas trilogy remaster coming in Nov

it'll be hilarious if my two favorite games of 2021 are Mass Effect Legendary and GTA Trilogy.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That's so disappointing, was hoping they'd do so much more, but we'll see what the improvements actually end up being. Coming to everything including Switch and Mobile.

Hopefully they've at least re-licensed the soundtracks too.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vice City with the original soundtrack is one of the best games of all time.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Vice City with the original soundtrack is one of the best games of all time.
I wonder if it'll be the full soundtrack though, considering they probably lost a bunch of licenses by now and iirc they had to remove songs from previous GTAs over time on digital marketplaces. But yeah I remember just driving around with the music back in the days, last GTA I actually played properly, can't really get into them much anymore.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've probably mentioned it before, but I waited through an entire Duran Duran set for them to play 'the GTA commercial song' before I realized it was Flock of Seagulls.

Remembering seeing this commercial so much...

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
If Rockstar won't pony up to relicense to soundtrack for Vice City, they are dead to me.

• 1Like

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
I want to be able to roleplay a heroin addict in the streets of LA, but have it come with an invulnerability tag.

spronk

FPS noob
rumor is Sony is gonna announce a big game in Dec during the Playstation Experience or Video Game Awards, contenders are a Metal Gear Solid remaster (1-3?), a Xenogears game, or a Chrono Cross game.

Haven't played any of the 3 so all good to me

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Remasters counting as "big game announcements" are pretty sad. Very few original IPs anymore.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remaster of Bloodborne for all platforms would be a pretty big deal, but then again I'm biased.

• 2Like