General Gaming News and Discussion

Izo

Tranny Chaser
This is what people are paying for;

View attachment 380577

Games are nothing more than a means to sell cosmetics nowadays.
1636062136206.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Genshin impact isnt even making its money from selling cosmetics directly. You buy slot machine pulls to hopefully get the characters and weapons you want.

• 3Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
These games are really starting to pull off some badass looking cosmetics. To the point I really want to pull out my wallet for some of them. The problem is feeling like they are holding back content from the original game especially when you paid for the game already. See issues with day one DLC. I can stomach cosmetics for f2p games since that is their source of income. My issue is the asinine prices they want for said cosmetics. $25+ for a skin is just crazy but people buy them in droves so here we are. I really think I would end up spending more money in the long run on way cheaper cosmetics but when I can buy a whole game which comes with hours of entertainment for the price they are asking for its just a big no thanks!

spronk

FPS noob

amy hennig was one of the original naughty dog writers who worked on uncharted, last of us, etc before the retards pushed her out. never really understood though why people praise her, uncharted 1 is ok but its basically Indiana Jones. i guess i don't really give a shit about video game writers

a uncharted type of fantastic four game could be decent, i've enjoyed GOTG so far

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

amy hennig was one of the original naughty dog writers who worked on uncharted, last of us, etc before the retards pushed her out. never really understood though why people praise her, uncharted 1 is ok but its basically Indiana Jones. i guess i don't really give a shit about video game writers

a uncharted type of fantastic four game could be decent, i've enjoyed GOTG so far
I thought she wrote Uncharted 2 as well? That's a phenomenal game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't she basically do Uncharted from 2 to 4, then got the boot after doing the writing for 4? Something like that I tihnk

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Didn't she basically do Uncharted from 2 to 4, then got the boot after doing the writing for 4? Something like that I tihnk
She was what made the writing in the Uncharted games fun and enjoyable. I think she left during 4 which is why its a lot darker and not as good as the earlier games. Neil Druckmann took over and made everything a dark and shitty.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even before Uncharted, she was director/writer for the most of the Legacy of Kain games.

She wrote and directed all the Uncharted games, but Cuckmann forced her out of the company so his team could take over 4 and throw out all her work, and not have any opposition left for his extreme agenda-pushing in that game and TLoU2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
These games are really starting to pull off some badass looking cosmetics. To the point I really want to pull out my wallet for some of them. The problem is feeling like they are holding back content from the original game especially when you paid for the game already. See issues with day one DLC. I can stomach cosmetics for f2p games since that is their source of income. My issue is the asinine prices they want for said cosmetics. $25+ for a skin is just crazy but people buy them in droves so here we are. I really think I would end up spending more money in the long run on way cheaper cosmetics but when I can buy a whole game which comes with hours of entertainment for the price they are asking for its just a big no thanks!

Phantasy Star Online 2 (NGS and OG) have amazing cosmetics, and such to show them off. They usually release 2-3 packs a month themed around something. For example in this video (Timestamped):

Sadly, Sega is running the franchise into the ground with NGS but they are trying to turn it around in the next year so we'll see. I still love the game, but mainly because of the cosmetics. I also love the fact you get lots of free ones, and the ones that you can only get with real money can be bought from other players with the standard currency of the game.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even before Uncharted, she was director/writer for the most of the Legacy of Kain games.

She wrote and directed all the Uncharted games, but Cuckmann forced her out of the company so his team could take over 4 and throw out all her work, and not have any opposition left for his extreme agenda-pushing in that game and TLoU2.
Uncharted 2 is an all-timer in my book and I give her a lot of credit for that. The rest of them are really good also. At the very worst, you'd have to say that She's talented until she proves otherwise.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
She's one of the leads on Forspoken, so uhhhh... yeah.

Man I can't believe that looks as trash as it does, especially keeping that in mind. Maybe it is a marketing thing and we'll be surprised but sheesh that trailer.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Thank fucking god I missed like 12 years of games playing WoW. Now if only I can find a working Xbox and someway to not make the graphics look like shit.

I got an LG C1 and found that it's really good at making PS2/PS3 era 3D games actually look decent again. Have a 65'' and I imagine it'd be even better with a 55''.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
We don't know enough about Forspoken to really judge it yet. But I agree, that trailer was bad. Hopefully the game doesn't head in the direction we all believe it's going or at least they listen to some of the criticism and tweak the narrative/voice actor. Who am I kidding, the agenda is too entrenched in the gaming industry...