General Gaming News and Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My eyes say differently.
Yeah, I can't think of a single game that's not improved by going up to at least 100 fps.

Even stupid low-resource intensive games like Hades or Bloodstained look a lot fucking better all the way up to 240 hz.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The vast majority of games don't require more than 60 fps...
40k-astartes.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
OK I've been on Steam since it launched all those moons ago, so I guess it's time to ask this: is there any point to all these "cards" you collect when playing games and show up in your "inventory"? I have something like 9 pages of cards or whatever. I was trying to figure it out and it seems like you can either sell them for something like 6 cents a pop or so (who the fuck buys them?) or turn them into Gems that you can then use to get new Steam avatars or something. For someone who uses Steam only as a games repository, and occasionally to look up guides or download Workshop mods. Is there any point to them? Should I do something with them or just continue to ignore them?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
is there any point to all these "cards" you collect when playing games and show up in your "inventory"? I have something like 9 pages of cards or whatever.
If you complete a set you craft a badge and increase your Steam level. Have you ever cared about your steam level? Then don't worry about it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The vast majority of games don't require more than 60 fps, even more so if you narrow it to console games. 8K60 would be an acceptable baseline and 8K120 as something reasonable for normal PC gamers to push for in another decade. But then the professionals would still be on 1440p monitors with 480 Hz and polling rates above 10000 Hz.
What the hell is wrong with your eyes. 120hz minimum.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
OK I've been on Steam since it launched all those moons ago, so I guess it's time to ask this: is there any point to all these "cards" you collect when playing games and show up in your "inventory"? I have something like 9 pages of cards or whatever. I was trying to figure it out and it seems like you can either sell them for something like 6 cents a pop or so (who the fuck buys them?) or turn them into Gems that you can then use to get new Steam avatars or something. For someone who uses Steam only as a games repository, and occasionally to look up guides or download Workshop mods. Is there any point to them? Should I do something with them or just continue to ignore them?

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
If you complete a set you craft a badge and increase your Steam level. Have you ever cared about your steam level? Then don't worry about it.
steam level as said earlier, also you can buy/sell them on the marketplace. they used to sell for a lot more, i'd buy bundles for years and make back like 80-90% of the cost selling cards (which is why i have 5000 games in my steam library lol) but they are pretty much all worth like 5c each now

a program called ArchiSteamFarm (there are others) automates most of it even

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm a loser that buys cards. But I like having the background selections and stuff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
A quick look through my cards shows that they are all in the 5-6 cent range with a couple high rollers that I could earn a whopping 25 cents on. Thanks for the info.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
A quick look through my cards shows that they are all in the 5-6 cent range with a couple high rollers that I could earn a whopping 25 cents on. Thanks for the info.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

It's like a credit card rewards program with extra steps, where you do all the work. It's great.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It's like a credit card rewards program with extra steps, where you do all the work. It's great.
Yeah, I might use it if it had a "put all on median price" button, but going through 20 years of accumulated cards for 6 cents a pop... yeah... nah...

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Augmented Steam lets you automatically sell all your cards at market price, most though sit forever unsold. You need your authenticator app to auto flag all sales as ok otherwise you'd have to mark hundreds manually, I use SDA as my Steam 2FA authenticator and it allows auto OK but i dunno what else does. Nice thing about Steam 2FA is you can have multiple auth apps running at once, just have to share the secret ID or w/e to start up each one, so I have SDA on my desktop and both the steam authenticator and another one on my phone as backup.

It is effort to startup and do and honestly not worth it anymore

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

This will be a COMPLETE shitshow.

I have hopes the sequel to Jedi will be good though since it's respawn. Liked the first one even though it had zero character building and skill builds.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah, I might use it if it had a "put all on median price" button, but going through 20 years of accumulated cards for 6 cents a pop... yeah... nah...

Yup then everyone would do it and it'd all drop from 5 cents to 1 cent lol

Would love to do it with all my old dota2 shit so the pennies rolled in all year