General Gaming News and Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just read this and found it extremely funny, but in a sad way.

The biggest BUG in the game is just one letter long news - TemplarGFX's ACM Overhaul mod for Aliens: Colonial Marines

A new update will be coming soon with this change included, however after getting reports back from several players on how much this effects the game, I just had to post it now

Inside your games config file (My Document\My Games\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\PecanEngine.ini) is the following line of code :

ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTeather

Im sure you'll notice the spelling mistake

ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether -> PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTether

If you fix it to look like the above and then play the game, the difference is pretty crazy!

Why is this line important? There are two reasons :
1) AttachXenoToTether doesn't do anything. Its basically empty or stripped
2) AttachPawnToTether does ALOT. It controls tactical position adjustment, patrolling and target zoning

When a Xeno is spawned, it is attached to a zone tether. This zone tells the Xeno what area is its fighting space and where different exits are. In Combat, a Xeno will be forced to switch to a new tether (such as one behind you) so as to flank, or disperse so they aren't so grouped up etc. (*disclaimer* this is inferred opinion, I cant see the actual code only bits)

Whenever the game tried to do this, nothing happened. Now it does!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
a gaming podcast mentioned 86box, never heard it before but its a virtual machine emulator that actually has ripped old x86 ROMs from generations of PCs, video cards, sound cards, etc to perfectly emulate 80s and 90s x86 machines. Its not like DosEmu which emulates and translates the APIs, 86box opens the actual BIOSes and ROMs and runs them in full VM mode, so you have to install a real copy of whatever windows you want - 3.0, 95, 98, etc to run old games.

i'm not sure i really give enough of a shit to ever do any of this but its pretty cool seeing how you can open BIOSs for specific machines (all packaged in) like an old ass IBM PS/2 or Compaq 386 SX with fully loaded and ripped Voodoo 3FX video cards. Anyone who was a kid and got boners reading Computer Shopper will have fond member berries

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No. I wasted like a month of my life trying to find a Lobster Man Commander the first time around.
Git gud scrub.

But yeah it's pretty weird that they telegraphed revisiting TFTD at the end of X-Com 2 but then instead did some unconventional spin-off that seemed to be more inspired by Apocalypse before abandoning the franchise entirely.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob

woulda been cool to play those old games with modern visuals but also a high chance they'd fuck it up completely in 2022, making lara a flat chested ugly chick with a front bulge

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd like to see a continuation where we take the fight to them on the alien home world. And we are the invaders.
I don't think the ethereals still have a homeworld in Firaxcom, either because the 'greater threat' they were preparing to fight took it from them or because they abandoned it when they lost their corporeal forms.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I don't think the ethereals still have a homeworld in Firaxcom, either because the 'greater threat' they were preparing to fight took it from them or because they abandoned it when they lost their corporeal forms.
Wouldn't be the first time Firaxis did a retcon on one of their game series.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wouldn't be the first time Firaxis did a retcon on one of their game series.
Im fine with the cliche story of us finding a splinter faction, going to war with them only to end up allying with them to fight the greater threat. Xcom isnt exactly known for its story elements - it just has a lot of fun shit jam packed together in a cohesive package. IE. Im sure we'll get another Xcom cause its just a fun type of game.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if the reason we haven't gotten an X-Com 3 is because X-Com 2 + DLC still sells pretty well.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
You don't have the right keyboard or mouse unless your rocking Razr & Bape! That's how you pimp a butterfly! KRA! $$$ is all relative to how much you have 😉

¿I wonder how much money Hunter Bidens crack dealer makes? If I sold crack, I would defiantly want Hunter Biden as my client. Where the hell am I going with this....

Check out the Razer x BAPE Neon Camo BlackWidow V3 Green Keyboard (US) RZ03-03543000-R3M1 available on StockX Razer x BAPE Neon Camo BlackWidow V3 Green Keyboard (US) RZ03-03543000-R3M1

• 3WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You don't have the right keyboard or mouse unless your rocking Razr & Bape! That's how you pimp a butterfly! KRA! $$$ is all relative to how much you have 😉

¿I wonder how much money Hunter Bidens crack dealer makes? If I sold crack, I would defiantly want Hunter Biden as my client. Where the hell am I going with this....

Check out the Razer x BAPE Neon Camo BlackWidow V3 Green Keyboard (US) RZ03-03543000-R3M1 available on StockX Razer x BAPE Neon Camo BlackWidow V3 Green Keyboard (US) RZ03-03543000-R3M1
Are you just high 24/7 or something?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Are you just high 24/7 or something?
Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 20-45-41 General Gaming News and Discussion.png

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Truth!